Erin's OMAD Diary

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    Used Chronometer to track nutrients and calories and I can eat 1500 calories in one meal. Woah.

That is about what I eat in a meal and then I usually snack on another 500-1000kcals or so in the evening.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I can easily do that! Especially when I stand and eat peanut butter by the spoonful out of the jar before I even start dinner... That stuff is just so good!! That’s why it’s a very good thing for me to only eat once a day.
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I can easily do that....That’s why it’s a very good thing for me to only eat once a day.

I was shocked. I kept track because I wanted to see if I was getting the right nutrients (changing from keto to low carb vegetarian eventually). The calories were an eye-opener.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Well, a binge late last night and an unscheduled binge-y lunch reminded me why I don’t track all my food and count calories. It’s a huge binge trigger for me. Don’t know why but it’s happened too many times.

Now watching all of Joe’s videos about bingeing. Then just going to let it go and move on. Counting causes bingeing in me. Don’t count. Maybe not even try quitting eating fish and poultry right now. Counting and restricting kick me into “Well, I’ll show _you_!” behaviours. Sucks.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I’m the same in a lot of ways. I don’t deal well with being told what to do - even if it’s me doing the telling! It’s actually something I’ve have to actively combat in my work life (not great when you don’t want to do something you are told to do at work, just because somebody told you!) but haven’t figured it out when the instructions are coming from me!
  • blambo61
    Options
    I count in my mind as a kind of estimate. I'm sure it is off by a bit but I never weigh anything and never will. If I'm hungry and I'm close to limit I will still eat but I think this little mental exercise does help curtail calories a little bit. I very rarely will write down my estimate. I just keep it in my head for the evening.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Back in the saddle. I had the cards stacked against me last go (school holidays, PMS).

Here starts day 1 of OMAD again. I’ve never “done it right” w/ 14 days OMAD, no cheats, no crutches. I’m here to do it properly. I’ll probably post a lot to keep myself accountable.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    1 pm here. Doing ok. Made dinner early and have it in the rice cooker and crockpot so I’m not in the kitchen during my danger zone of 3-5 PM.

Just listened to a heap of OMAD Revolution videos while I got my supplements ready. (I’m on a program to try to straighten up my hormones.) Now going to do some writing instead of eating.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Day 1 in the bag. I’m quite full on my OMAD. I logged food today (to see how my supplements stack up) and I don’t think that will make me binge. I’m
    <1000 calories today.

I haven’t hit all my nutritional requirements by a long shot. I’m hoping the splurge day really does help to sort that out in future.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    No binge and about to go to sleep. Hungry. Look forward to sleep resetting my appetite.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Not too fast, not too slow! You got it.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Go Erin!! <3<3 Ive just started again myself..so yr not alone =)
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    @kittygonzalez3511 It’s nice not to be alone! @blambo61 Thanks for always commenting. It’s nice to have the support.

Day 2, headache city. Partly OMAD and partly caffeine withdrawal. I’m cutting caffeine to straighten out my cortisol and progesterone. I thought I was tapering slowly enough, but I guess not.

I’m suffering, but I know I won’t break OMAD. It’s weird, actually. I know this. I just made a beautiful loaf of homemade ciabatta and vegan lemon ice cream and they’re safe from me. It’s weird. I know I can do this. Because the heck with starting over again.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Stay strong and I hope you're headache goes away soon o:)
  • EVP_NZ
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks @Brendalea69. You’re one of my biggest inspirations.

I don’t know why this go is so hard. I have almost all the side effects Joe mentioned in his video. It’s awful. But I’m not stopping!

*Edit: I think it’s harder b/c I’m not cheating with broth, etc. Doing it right. Blah!
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Day 2 in the bag. Dinner tasted delicious as did the bread and ice cream. Now for my decaf soy cappuccino and done eating for a day. Headache still there but receding a bit.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Caffeine can give me major headaches. I don't drink many caffeinated beverages because of that. If I drink them a bit and then stop I will get headaches. I think you are having withdrawal symptoms as you stated. Caffeine is addictive and breaking that addiction will cause withdrawal symptoms.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Caffeine is addictive and breaking that addiction will cause withdrawal symptoms.

Too true. :( I went through the painful business of getting off it a few months ago. Then it was “Just this one cup to get me through this special event” (late night or whatever), then—quelle suprise—back on a 3-5 cup a day habit. Luckily we have really good decaf coffee because I love coffee and it’s quite healthy (sans caffeine, for me).
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I started drinking "mocha" hot chocolate because of the health benefits from coffee and chocolate and I use 1/2 tablespoon of coffee in my hot chocolate and I drink it either right before my meal or right after...I drink caffeinated because I only drink 1 a day :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love coffee but only with caffeine but I draw the line at two per day with a little half and half.
    Frankly I think I would have a hard time trying to break that habit, so I don't even try.