Top Calorie burner exercises

13»

Replies

• FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Boxing - and it's a bit more fun than other classes at the gym
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Mine are hiking with a pretty good elevation gain and the step class at my gym kicks my calorie butt haha And I like the class way more than I thought I would ever like a step class
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    HIIT. High intensity interval training works wonders. I do mine on the treadmill. Also look up tabata intervals or tabata protocol. This will give you some insight. You experience a residual burn for hours after your cardio work out and his is how it essentially burns more cals in less time than straight cardio. It works wonders for me
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    1hr Zumba burns tons of calories for me you can do it at home or join a class
    I also am starting to hit the trails again jogging
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    To burn the most calories possible; you would need to do some form of High Intensity exercise for long periods of time. However in reality this is not practical or sustainable so focus on a sensible calorie deficit and increase your TDEE with low intensity activities like walking.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    edited February 2017
    sijomial wrote: »
    The London Ditchling Devil is my highest calorie burner - a 205km cycle ride.
    It's fun and the countryside (and food along the way) is great.

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-888/

Oh my word, that looks awesome!! I aspire to ride Ditchling - I'm hoping once my marathon is over and I can ease back on the running to take advantage of the general fitness gains and maybe train for a beginner sportive.

In answer to the OP, I agree with everyone who says whatever works for you. I burn around 600-900 kcal a day commuting to work (either cycling or running) It is the max calorie burn with the minimum inconvenience - I'm going to work anyway, might as well get some benefit from the journey! Edited to add, it would take me around the same time getting the bus as running, and cycling is half the time of any other travelling option, so I win all ways.