What do you like on your raw avocado?

13»

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    I like to slice up a cucumber, cube an avocado, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add olive oil and apple cider vinegar for a delicious little salad. I have it about 3-5x a week. I am also keto, though I do a modified, "paleo keto" version rather than the traditional LCHF.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    I also sometimes like to have a salad with diced avocado, diced tomato, diced boiled egg, chopped bacon, salt, pepper and some lime.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    ua8ff4nqvb7m.jpg
    Backyard fruit!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I love spicy food, so I will sometimes eat mine with sambal olek (chili paste) or chopped jalapenos. The freshness of the chilies goes amazingly with the avocado.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    A squeeze of fresh lemon and a sprinkle of salt.
  • FruityFridays
    FruityFridays Posts: 16 Member
    Lime juice, coriander and chilli flakes.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Hot sauce!
    Rice + rice wine vinegar + soft boiled egg + avocado with soy sauce and hot sauce (or sriracha) = an amazing meal
  • CGsteens
    CGsteens Posts: 1 Member
    sliced cherry tomato and red onion, with salt, pepper and balsamic or lime juice. if you have cilantro or fresh herbs, use it!
  • RicBrownJr
    RicBrownJr Posts: 6 Member
    Tapatio Hot Sauce
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    I used 40 grams of avocado and 30 grams of salsa to top my baked sweet potato + egg this morning.

I also use it a lot in lieu of dressings in salad and on sandwiches/wraps instead of mayo.
  • jenlowlow
    jenlowlow Posts: 14 Member
    I make breakfast tacos with mashed avocado on corn tortillas topped with a fried egg, lime, paprika, salt, and sriracha... but I am going to have to remember some of these other ideas
  • MissZimmy
    MissZimmy Posts: 13 Member
    Just a little malt vinegar poured into the hole left by the seed.
  • pjsprov910
    pjsprov910 Posts: 6 Member
    Don't knock until you've tried it....make a chocolate smoothie. Really cold, or frozen avocado chunks (about a half and avocado is good) some nut or soy milk (about 1/4 cup for one smoothie), 1 - 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and some honey or pure maple syrup to sweeten. Blend it up until it looks like a chocolate milkshake and enjoy!!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Wish I could afford to buy avocado..... sigh