Fruit after breakfast?

2»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Thread hijacking is actually a rule thing.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    No. It's fruit Frederick. Eat it when you want.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Is this real life?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    crevtion wrote: »
    Honestly it's just all this information being constantly thrown out on the internet, so after reading all these contradictory articles one has to wonder :neutral:

At the risk off highjacking, this is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else about trying to lose weight. There is so much useless information, or friends telling you to do this or not eat that, that it gets beyond frustrating.

Too many people are making a killing of the diet industry spreading these stupid rules or plans or what not. It's enough to make someone go postal sometimes.

@crevtion I understand you confusion and why you asked the question and please don't take my rant as an insult to yourself. I get why you asked but dammit. Who comes up with this *kitten* and why?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I deal with silly advice with a simple smile and nod. Friends think I eat healthy. If they ask if this meal or another is "healthy" I say "sort of". Never too much of a good thing I figure.

This next generation is going to have to get really good at filtering true facts from alternative facts.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    @MelanieCN77 Honestly I get it... thanks for the reiteration.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Fruit is my go-to snack. I'm still down ~6 lbs after 36 days of tracking (4 in the first week, 2 since then). I just think of it as delicious fiber.
  • geneomac
    geneomac Posts: 3 Member
    Isn't the sugars in fruit call fructose which is different that cane sugar. I assume sugar from fruit sources would be good for you.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    geneomac wrote: »
    Isn't the sugars in fruit call fructose which is different that cane sugar. I assume sugar from fruit sources would be good for you.

Cane (a plant) sugar is glucose and fructose. What's good about fructose in fruit is not so much the sugar itself but what it's packaged in. It's still sugar. Take fructose out of corn and put it in a beverage, though, and everyone loses their damn minds. Meh.