WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    edited March 2017
    Becca - I did all kinds of things I'm not proud of in a previous life, but I'm a different person now. Older and much wiser. Love to you. <3

My DOS has been put on the call list for school class supervision in his area in Nottingham. Hope he can get some sessions. Better than nothing! His work search has not been going well.
    My DYS has his big beer festival this weekend that he is running in Brighton. I've sent him good wishes.

Some of you old timers may remember that there was a family trauma in DH's family last year which he wished to keep private. He has told no one apart from me and his daughters. Yesterday while he was out with his close cricket friend he confided in him. That is so great. <3<3<3 The trauma is not raw anymore, but still impacts the family. I have felt awkward keeping it from my children etc., but it's up to him. Maybe he will feel able to share it now.
    I have never shared my own sexual abuse by my father with my children. A therapist once advised me not to, but that was back in the 90s. I feel it is time, but when I tried a year or so ago my younger son wasn't ready for such a discussion, so I put it off. I am pretty sure DDIL has a good idea (she is a psychologist ) but I need to talk to my son first, or them both together. Before my memoir finally comes out, called A VERY NICE MAN, I will have to speak to them anyway. :*;):o At Christmas the subject of shame and secrets came up and I felt really awkward saying nothing and went all hot.

Allie - he is deliberately spending any assets he might have to share with you in a split. Make sure the car value is taken into account in a financial calculation. Remember this man is a ruthless narcissist.

Kim - what a beautiful thing you did for your nephew. <3o:) You will have to watch out that he doesn't end up as your mum's carer. In my experience, even if they are compos mentis, they still find it hard to make sensible decisions and put plans into action. Good luck! <3<3<3

Sylvia's screen name was mollywhippet, I think.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-26X 10 X 35

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    I will get a 2 mile walk in today.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Thank you all for your lovely words about my sons letter, it really made my day. I have put it away safely very special to me. <3<3<3<3

Chris love your attitude, put it behind you we all have a new day to make it better. Enjoy your walk.

Pam, I am in Albany WA, getting colder here too we had 6 degree C morning the other day definite chill in the air.

Heather, Got goosebumps and a tear in the eye. I am sure this journey is 50% mental. Some things have changed for me too. I am no longer beating myself up for slips. allowing myself to be human and instead of giving up just keeping going.

Sarah love the rant and the pic

Kelly, Thank you yes it is Charlotte. Had a chuckle about you dragging your husband to the car. My hubby gets over anxious too but he's put up with my moods for nearly 30 years and he does the laundry so he is a keeper.

Rita, whew got tired just reading about your day. Hope you have a lovely time travelling and the weather is mostly good.

Kate, enjoy your shopping well done on needing smaller sizes.

Cherie, I could do with your energy too my get up and go is sorely lacking.

Katla, WOE is short for Way of eating. My grandfather died from emphysema horrible way to go.

Becca, lovely being a proud mum. I am proud of all my boys too. Had to laugh at the lego I used to do that too with the vacuum cleaner.

Beth, I agree technology has not been good for the community we miss on those supportive times with the people around us now everyone is too busy. We often have board games on the weekends which is a nice way enjoy our time as a family.

Joyce, no it was not an assignment as such he was given choices and chose to write a letter then chose to write it to me. My first reaction was I had to find out if it was of his own volition, which it was, he basically had groups of words to choose from and made each choice himself so yes really special.

Barbie, hope Jake feels better soon, Well done on your exercise you put me to shame.

Kim, what a wonderful Aunt you are, gave me warm fuzzies so glad your nephew will now get a good nights sleep. So sorry to hear that you have had abuse in your life but glad you are a strong survivor.

Me, plodding along today. I went low carb and had uncomfortable side effects and stopped. Now I know I just need to push through and it will get better so starting low carb again today after my bad chocolate blowout yesterday.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    edited March 2017
    Sue in TX glad you are okay.

Kim what a wonderful thing to help nephew get the bed he needs.

Joyce glad you find Canticle of Hope worthwhile. I agree it could fit into any sermon. I do understand why they want the music to fit their sermons. Sometimes I think they try to find music whose words fit their sermons that they forget to consider how hard some songs can be for a Congregation to sing and some melodies are more moving than others, too. I believe finding music that is beautiful and easier to sing by the Congregation needs first consideration over the words. I often remember the melody of a song over the words.

Another choral arranger that our director uses often and I love almost anything he arranges is Craig Courtney.

Allie I agree with Heather. He may be feeling he might as well spend, so he has less assets to share. He may think a split may be inevitable and is only out to protect himself. The fact he is making such a huge purchase without consulting you shows this to me. It is time for operation protect Allie. Arguing with him will accomplish nothing. Time to do what is right for you.

:heart: Margaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Allie - you really need to talk to your attorney.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,580 Member
    Good morning!

Here's a link to the flock of starlings who fly together so beautifully- showed up in my inbox yesterday <3https://www.youtube.com/embed/88UVJpQGi88

I don't want to say it too loudly....good chance of sunshine (or at least little rain) are here for the next FIVE days!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    edited March 2017
    Karen - Aaaaaahhhhh, Aaaawwww!!!!!! <3<3<3
    Your well timed words to me have prompted me to get on with my memoir this afternoon. :D Can't let you down!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Good morn all.looks like a couple of rainy days on the way,then a nice wk end.
    Have no idea where the large type above came from....nor where it went.After yrs on line,
    sometimes feel like the slowest learner there is on line!Ah,well.

Haven't read all,but realizing it's best to ans what I can,or would need to write a loooong book.

JOYCE,our new French door was done last wk.The 2 men did a great job.Took 3 1/2 hrs.The man in his 70's was cutting all the trim,doing it perfectly & with lots of kneeling etc involved.
    Didn't slow him down one bit.
    Other man in his 50's & the 2 have worked on doors only for going on 19 yrs! We thanked them for their great work & also for showing up when they said.

Bought & hung new Drapes.Now to replace with ones We had before.These are not level on bottom hem,back to Amazon they go.
    PIP...thanks for the job site info. Gradaughter & BF are thinking of moving to diff state.He expects to be with same Co.She is not sure,but is the luckiest job hunter,always back to work soonest.She gets her ducks in a row,then hits puter & phone
    Can't have too much info when job hunting.

RE.....good luck.Love the pics ...you are really getting thinner!

BETH,Happy you are making progress with son's care givers.

DH no longer eats regular popcorn,so my poppers are going the way of the do do.Dr said as ppl age they often have problems swallowing certain foods.He says it's as if hulls get stuck in throat.

GLORIA....all good thoughts for you & Grson.Migranes can be caused by so many things,there are lists on lines & Dr can refer you to help.

HEATHER....we don't have pets now,but thinking your son's dogs can only help.They have to be fed & walked....they need to be cared for,gives him an interest outside of himself.His note shows he was happy to spend time with you. All good stuff!

LENORA,we don't own perfection from day one to day none.Life is a series of upon,downs & all around.I have a similar situation with my only Sis.My choice was to stress out or to realize she made her choice,that has nothing to do with me.

Next door neighbor (contractor)is moving,just 6 blocks away.Hired him to do some inside painting & will prob have him do more this Fall.Our house has some very tall,slanted ceilings.No way we are climbing tall ladders! Exercise or no.

Speaking of,I got a huge buy on a recumbent bike.....nothing fancy,but will see how it goes....if yes,will be ok getting a better one if needed,if no,can kick it to the curb.Riding one hour a day,usually 30 mins each time.Boring but doable.For me,it's more to keep legs flexible than weight loss.
    Time to put clothes in dryer,then make a quick run to grocery for salad fixins...ai6tog75hd9x.jpg
    j97ertolallo.jpg
    .My supper today.

Will try to add pics for JOYCE of new door.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,062 Member
    p8zctr8j48eh.jpg
    Bullwinkle
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2017
    Becca: (((HUGS)))

Sue in WA: We had mice in our last house and this house. We eventually discovered they were coming in through openings that were put in for water pipes and drains. We went to the hardware store & bought quarter inch hardware cloth and used it to surround all the pipes and close the openings. It worked in both houses. We nailed it into wood and filled in with spackling compound so that it sealed the openings. We stopped the mice in the old house and also in this one. I think the barns would be much harder to deal with and might need a couple of good cats. :flowerforyou:

moreclan9: DH has been an insulin dependent diabetic for nearly 50 years. He's taken good care of himself and still has "all his fingers and toes." I hope that you get good support from your doctor's office and are able to manage things well. (((HUGS)))

Sue in TX: I am so sorry you've had such awful wind. :ohwell:

Kim: You are your nephew's guardian angel. I'm proud to know you. :flowerforyou:

DH is getting dressed to go to the eye doctor. Today he'll get a new Rx for glasses and he hopes it will be filled on the spot. I've never had same day service so I've got doubts but I hope he's right. He's been waiting so long to get back to driving and independence. He hasn't driven since Thanksgiving.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Kim ~ Best Aunt in the whole wide world award goes to you. How old is your nephew?

Joyce ~ Question about United Health Care...Do y'all get lots of phone calls from them? Robot calls? They decided they would call me to get my scripts renewed and I finally told the guy that I was quite able to call the drugstore myself and do it without their help. Evidently, a lot of folks get tired of all these calls from what I read online.

Lisa ~ Hope Cory's x-rays show great things are happening.

Allie ~ I agree with Mary. Go see your lawyer. Tom is playing you.

Becca & Heather ~ Hugs

DJ ~ What are you selling on Craig's list? I have sold two or three sets of china on there. Always take DH with me to meet the buyer and always get cash.

Carol in GA who is taking back two pairs of shoes to Sam's because they are too big.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,995 Member
    ok so I got the Egyptian Licorice tea .. Oh my is that yummy..this one will be a keeper..
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Karen in VA absolutely scrumptious picture of Olivia, how sweet is that??? <3

J nett OKC
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Happy Take A Walk In The Park Day!

Nice day for it here. My, you people are habit-forming! MFP was down for maintenance when I got to my desk, and I was antsy until I got a break and could log in.

Becca - Congratulations on a good weigh-in!

Kelly - I think dancing around to the Rocky theme is a great reward. We don't have basements here because... well, it depends on the part of Texas. In Houston where I grew up, we didn't have them because the soil is clay and the area floods often. I think we don't see them in the Austin area very often because the bedrock is close to the surface - you'd have to blast it out. We also get flooding here on a regular basis. Occasionally I'll run into someone who has a basement, but they're rare. Maybe they have them up in the Panhandle, where tornadoes are more common.

Re - Well, no matter what the scale says, 365 days in a row is a big accomplishment!

moreclan9 - Hello and welcome!

Kim - What a sweet thing you did for your nephew! I'm sure he's relieved to have a "grown up" bed at age 19.

There's a huge pile of work waiting for me to get back to it, so I guess I'd best go earn my keep. Hope you all have a lovely day.

-Yvonne in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,062 Member
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Good afternoon! Crazy busy start to my day with every child here by 8am! SUrprise! and Good morning to me! :# A rainy day today and the kiddos have been spinning like tops and at each other's throats. Most of them up earlier than normal and hustled out the door. Different than their normal morning routine. Took a while to get them settled after lunch, but finally the oldest have drifted off to sleep. Just in time; the younger ones should be awake in thirty minutes or less.
    Spent the early morning making my to-do list for tonight and tomorrow. DH has to go into work tomorrow, if he can get out by 4pm we will be on the road by 5. IF not, we will wait and leave in the wee hours of Saturday morning and do our BIG drive (10 or 12 hours of the 18 hour drive) that day. Either way, we will be in Burleson by Sunday! Yea!
    Becca- Love your happy breakfast! My breakfast is always happy, but looks like it's crying because I like my eggs runny (not snotty; there is a difference).
    Allie-You are going to do what you have to do; but I think it is time for you to take Mary, Lisa, and the other's advice and see a lawyer and take care of yourself. Sounds like Tom is setting things up for himself. You have told him your plan, I really think he is padding his nest and getting ready to leave.
    Kim- You are an amazing woman! <3 I am sure your mom is overwhelmed with decisions and it is insightful of you to notice that and step in. I am sure your nephew is grateful for your actions. Hard to be a big person in a little bed! Bless his heart for sticking with it for so long!
    Pip- LOL! I gotta say; Bullwinkle's toys look exhausted! She must play hard!
    Karen- <3o:):* Olivia! (swoon) Adorable! <3
    Lanette- Gee I love watching birds fly! If I believed in reincarnation or if I could be any animal, I would be a bird. I have my favorites; but to be able to fly...
    Well, I hear a baby...time for me to fly. ttyt xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)