Games

1235»

Replies

• Staceygram
    Staceygram Posts: 147 Member
    Not to far of a run

My friends from Texas tell me about a 24 hour drive to get here.
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    I remember play Zelda when it first came out on Nintendo a couple years ago lol
  • crowleyed72
    Baphometta wrote: »
    I'm playing on Wiiu. I don't use the console very much tho, software and hardware are all very expensive and never go down in price. That being said it had some good games and Zelda has become one of my favorite games of all time

So is it worth buying the Wii U just for Zelda
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    We're neighbors, @Staceygram . I'm in Michigan.
  • Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Well I don't think any game is worth buying an entire consol for lol. Maybe the wiiu will go down in price one day. Not holding my breath tho :|
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    My ex got it for our daughter. I like that I can get Hulu on it.
  • Staceygram
    Staceygram Posts: 147 Member
    We're neighbors, @Staceygram . I'm in Michigan.

*waves
    I'm over there a lot through the summer. So many events, so little time :)
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Well I don't think any game is worth buying an entire consol for lol. Maybe the wiiu will go down in price one day. Not holding my breath tho :|

I can't see it going down in price either, mostly because as soon as your wiiU gamepad karks it the entire console becomes unusable (unless theres a hack I'm unaware of) as you need the pad to access the menu so basically you have to re-buy the machine since you can't buy gamepads separately (which will keep the price high as gamepads start to fail and collectors start buying them up as insurance).

Crowleyed72 I'd probably suggest the switch rather than the wiiU if you don't have either as the wiiU soon won't be supported by developers for new content now the switch is out. However as Baphometta pointed out check the rest of the library of games and announcements to see if there's other games you want for that console.

Zelda's an amazing game and I'd probably say a must play (although not a perfect game) but whether you buy a console on the strength of one game alone is something only you can decide. (Personally I tend to hang on until there's at least a few games I'm really interested in, I rarely buy a console on launch, especially if they rush a launch and have a weak line up) As for the WiiU I wouldn't bother unless there's a few titles on there that take your fancy.
  • crowleyed72

I can't see it going down in price either, mostly because as soon as your wiiU gamepad karks it the entire console becomes unusable (unless theres a hack I'm unaware of) as you need the pad to access the menu so basically you have to re-buy the machine since you can't buy gamepads separately (which will keep the price high as gamepads start to fail and collectors start buying them up as insurance).

Crowleyed72 I'd probably suggest the switch rather than the wiiU if you don't have either as the wiiU soon won't be supported by developers for new content now the switch is out. However as Baphometta pointed out check the rest of the library of games and announcements to see if there's other games you want for that console.

Zelda's an amazing game and I'd probably say a must play (although not a perfect game) but whether you buy a console on the strength of one game alone is something only you can decide. (Personally I tend to hang on until there's at least a few games I'm really interested in, I rarely buy a console on launch, especially if they rush a launch and have a weak line up) As for the WiiU I wouldn't bother unless there's a few titles on there that take your fancy.

• crowleyed72
    I was leaning towards the switch. Just don't have the 500 USD to get what I need. Lol any one know of similar games like Zelda on the PS.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    I was leaning towards the switch. Just don't have the 500 USD to get what I need. Lol any one know of similar games like Zelda on the PS.

Horizon zero dawn seems to be the flavour of the month for PS4 and its a similar vain and great reviews from friends and journalists, it's on my list after I finish Zelda although I might hit the recent doom game (as it's quite short and I bought it months ago) before I tackle that. Too many games not enough hours in the day....
  • crowleyed72

Horizon zero dawn seems to be the flavour of the month for PS4 and its a similar vain and great reviews from friends and journalists, it's on my list after I finish Zelda although I might hit the recent doom game (as it's quite short and I bought it months ago) before I tackle that. Too many games not enough hours in the day....

There is never enough time for games! I had to force my self to stop playing black desert online. I would sit in my office 16 plus hours a day playing an all I got from it was an extra 100lbs.