Looking less than what you weigh?

12346»

Replies

• dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    I wear my weight well.

z2igrsg60cjy.jpeg

280's vs. 260's.

How tall are you? you definitely don't look that heavy, but your weight is in the....Um... Feminine parts, so you still have a nice figure. This is from a male perspective, and I have found women don t care about male perspectives when it comes to their body shapes, so it is what it is.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I don't look my weight, but it matters to me what I weigh. I don't look good naked. I didn't look 211lbs AT ALL when I started, and I look less than my current 153lbs when clothed. I just look curvy. I'd rather be... less curvy.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Well I've told people what I weigh, and they are usually shocked.

For example, in my profile pic, I was 175 lbs. I got back up to 180 after falling off the wagon during the holidays, and I told a lady (who is shorter and more petite) that I weighed what I weigh and she was like -- You look about my size, OMG.

I'm 5'7" without shoes on, so that plays a small factor. I also workout a lot, so I am not "sloppy" big. I just have a lower tummy pooch and disproportionately large arms (both genetics: i.e., my grandma was the skinniest woman, but had these big flabby arms), but my legs/butt/waist are pretty tight.

I don't trust my own perception though -- I've thought I was a small little thing, only to see a picture of myself and I was HUGE. That's around the time I was 192 on the scale.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I don't bother informing people as to how much I weigh. I work quietly within myself, for myself (except for forums posts, like minded persons are here). I am accountable to myself. When a drastic change such as <40# changes my image and attitude and they comment; I let them know that I am on a wellness program. A polite thank you is enough. I feel that my DH doesn't even know (or maybe he does and does not comment) how much I weigh, he will comment on how great I look, that's enough. Numbers are numbers.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    What always throws me off is seeing 2 people who weigh the same, roughly the same height and looking about 20 lbs different. It is one of the most important things I need to remind myself when the scale doesn't move as quickly as I want it to. Me at 150 lbs and out of shape wears at least 1, if not 2, sizes larger than when I'm at the same weight but working out.
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Ugh. I feel like I look thinner in clothing. Then I catch myself in the video feed of a store or something and I'm like day am she looks fat.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    Well I've told people what I weigh, and they are usually shocked.

For example, in my profile pic, I was 175 lbs. I got back up to 180 after falling off the wagon during the holidays, and I told a lady (who is shorter and more petite) that I weighed what I weigh and she was like -- You look about my size, OMG.

I'm 5'7" without shoes on, so that plays a small factor. I also workout a lot, so I am not "sloppy" big. I just have a lower tummy pooch and disproportionately large arms (both genetics: i.e., my grandma was the skinniest woman, but had these big flabby arms), but my legs/butt/waist are pretty tight.

I don't trust my own perception though -- I've thought I was a small little thing, only to see a picture of myself and I was HUGE. That's around the time I was 192 on the scale.

I'm the same height as you. You look amazing for your weight! <3
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Okay, OP. This is what I think:

-Your friends/family/coworkers can't eyeball your weight because there are too many factors to analyze that just don't know. People are terrible at guessing stuff like that.
    -And that speaks well of them. Who does that just casually, like as a hobby they can improve? That'd be insane and super intrusive.
    -You should've full stopped after you said "weight is just a number". You nailed it then, the rest is just impotent navel-gazing and invitation for strangers to mess with you. You like how you look and feel? Cool. You don't? Well, you're working on changing that if you're here, I'll bet, so you should keep working at it and stop worrying so much. I mean that and I hope you take it to heart!