How many times have you failed (gain weight back) and had to start again?

1235»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2018
    I've been bouncing around 155 to 170 for 6 years now. Goal weight is 150.

If I try to count based on my chart, I can see EIGHT different loss and gain cycles.

4617919b412e7f839a858d702f280c9af1e8.jpg
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    So many times. I have never completely lost all the weight needed. I am a few pounds heavier than I was when I stopped last time. This time I am taking a diet break on purpose with a start and end date. I wish I had known about diet breaks last time. Just hope I can come back to a deficit after next week when my diet break is complete.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Quite a few times, I lost about 40lb and then put 30lb back on and it sucked. I still really struggle not to beat myself up about it. But such is life, I know what works and I'm enjoying the process of getting the weight off. In fact I think it's better this time as I know what it feels like to hit my goals, and that it feels better than not caring about my diet/fitness, which is motivating me even more :)
  • Mandylou19912014
    Mandylou19912014 Posts: 208 Member
    I feel your pain! It’s so hard to keep on track! I follow lots of fitness models on Instagram so everyday I feel motivated, I find new workouts to try in the gym to keep me excited and look up nice new healthy recipes etc. You have to really picture yourself at the weight you want to be and tell yourself you can do it x
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Once. I became overweight when pregnant. I gained 90lb, although I was a little under weight when I first became pregnant I still gained a lot. I lost just over 80lb when my son started school to get back to a healthy weight and maintained for 3 years. Then I switched jobs and my relationship, as a result of lifestyle changes I gained 30lb back. My activity decreased a lot and we were eating a lot more big family dinners so my intake increased.

This time losing the weight was harder and slower. Last time I didn’t count or log. I lost the weight by becoming active. I hadn’t learned how to manage my eating. I have brought my activity back up with working out again but my regular daily activity isn’t what it was. I have a commute and desk job now. I used to work at a YMCA camp and participate in the Insanity classes offered there at work for free. Learning to lose the weight focusing more on diet this time has been hard for me. It took two years to lose the 30lb Is gained back...it took just under 2 years for me to lose more than double that the first time.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Too many to bore you with. I Tried alllllll the weight loss fads over the years, HFLC, weight watchers ect, medications, even brought weight loss pills online once then got scared of what might actually be in them and didn’t take them lol I’ve successfully lost 15.2kg on MFP. This has been the ONLY thing that has helped me lose and keep off the weight. I’m halfway to my goal. I got lazy for about 3-4 months and didn’t log accurately or honestly, but because I browsed forums, learned so much and logged regardless and kept up my streak (466 days) I stayed within 1-2kg of my lowest recorded weight. Goodluck!!! :)
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Three times. First time lost 40 at age 21. Second time I was 24 and lost 50. Now I’m 27 and in the process of taking off 25, down 5 so far. Thankfully I caught myself at only 25 this time. It has previously been so much worse. I’m not sure why maintaining is so much harder than losing. I need to find a way to keep myself in loss mode and then just occasionally allow treats to bump it back to maintenance range. But no matter what I’ve tried the weight does creep on it piles. It’s like I have perfect control and then I have zero. I maintained for a couple years and then bam back where I started. The only solace is knowing you can do it because you have done it before.