mayonaise question

2»

Replies

• born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    You can use a mashed up avocado in place of mayo as a binder for egg salad, chicken salad, tuna salad etc. I'm so not a fan of avocado but it works quite well; it gives the sandwich a freshness, a lightness that you don't get with mayo. As well, I know people who add a smear of avocado in place of butter/margarine/mayo on sandwiches and for wraps and such but I find the avocado overwhelming for my taste in these cases so I use hummus instead.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    That's a lot of mayonnaise for one sandwich.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Maybe eat foods you like so you don't need to drown them in mayo? But seriously. I think mayo is gross - I'm a miracle whip girl and I can't eat a turkey sandwich without it so I eat ham sandwiches instead because I like mustard on them - less calories.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    thank you everyone for the great ideas. i will start trying the lower fat mayo's from the store, although the last time I tried they were awful. currently I have mixed some mayo with the creamy garlic dressing I bought yesterday (it was to strong on its own) and will use that

Oh thanks for that idea! I have the boathouse creamy garlic too. I'll try that instead of mayo for some sandwiches!
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    I use roasted red peppers from the jar...then I don't need any mayo.

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Every time I see this thread I'm disappointed that the question isn't "Is mayonnaise an instrument?"
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I love mayonnaise. It's one of the things I refuse to give up. Just log it and move on.... There are some things that I just won't substitute w/ other things. Mayo is one of them.

I feel this way about sour cream. The light stuff just doesn't cut it for me. I would rather use less and enjoy it.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Giant/Helmans/Best foods mayo, I'm not giving it up unless I make my own. Life is too short to live without real mayo. HOWEVER, I whipped up the hard boiled egg yolks in the food processor so I had no hard yolk bits and they nice and fluffy and I used less mayo. I also put in mustard to make my deviled eggs. Yummy.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Mayonnaise is Satan's puss.

Does that mental image help you reduce your craving?