Blokes what can you squat?

Options
124»

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Every man should be able to squat his body weight x20 that's a standard for my boys and I. Add me if he wants a good leg routine.

why?
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My squat has been a struggle.. but I just hit a "calculated" 1RM of 320 lbs yesterday.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    365 for 20 reps all out best ever in a squat rack had pins set at the 90 degree point and went at it squats work at that time all 3 lifts in the high 300's did 2 weeks later 335 on deadlift 47 reps tore my left bicep 3 years later got back to working with mid 200lbs on all 3 lifts Squats work
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    If your friend is untrained there's no way in hell he could squat anywhere NEAR what he thinks he can if we are talking about a squat that gets below parallel.

And if you ARE going to compare numbers with other people (which you generally shouldn't, IMO) then the squat tends to have the most disparity because many people THINK they squat X weight when they actually do quarter squats and so you can't really compare a high squat to a legit squat.

And this is why I love the deadlift. You either pick that *kitten* up, or you don't; there is no in between. Well, except for maybe bar humpers, but no one can be dumb enough to believe that's legit.

Don't underestimate how dumb people can be. Sadly, I actually know such people.