Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Show us your favorite art

1303132333436»

Replies

• springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,375 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,375 Member
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    @springlering62 @honey_honey_12 If you're ever in the area, make sure to visit Maramureș and Bukovina here in Romania as well! These motifs are part of the popular / traditional clothing in these areas. We also have a tradition of painting Easter Eggs with intricate models.
    brv735nhb0kx.jpg

s43n2navzgac.jpg

rz17m2j9iso8.jpg

du1g72lp49lu.jpg

The last image is from the Merry Cemetery in Maramureș. Here's some more pictures of how the traditional houses, woodwork, garments and carpets look like: LINK

OH and the food and horinca (alcoholic beverage) are also amazing. :blush:

Oh, the food!!! Agree! So fresh! “I’m sorry we have no milk this morning. The cow was in a bad mood”.

That Bessarabian rug by the young lady’s feet is to die for.

I’ve got a particular weakness for those.
    ull2o6ssm1f8.jpeg

I’ve been lucky enough to meet a master Pysanka artist in her home. She earned a medal from the government for her craft. Her home was like being inside a kaleidoscope- wall hangings, runners, embroidered clothes, cabinets and boxes full of eggs. We tried our (clumsy) hands at pysanky, and making cheese horses.
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 20,168 Member Member Posts: 20,168 Member
  • honey_honey_12honey_honey_12 Member, Premium Posts: 1,932 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,932 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    The-Ugly-Dutchess.jpg

Ancestor of yours? 😂
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Member Posts: 20,168 Member Member Posts: 20,168 Member
    The-Ugly-Dutchess.jpg

Ancestor of yours? 😂

Maybe ?
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,375 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,375 Member
    The-Ugly-Dutchess.jpg

I think I’ve seen her on MFP asking about frown lines and extra skin around the boobs.