Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Bug Report: Android Widget Size

kylestekyleste Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
Hi MyFitnessPal,

The MyFitnessPal widget is not available as a 3x1 or 4x1 on my Android Galaxy S7. This has been an issue for months now. Who do I contact to get this bug fixed?

b6hv6nk9u8a5.png
t9obak3obefe.png
edited March 2017

Replies

• BettyBetty Posts: 6,663Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff Posts: 6,663Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff
    @kyleste Please contact support by clicking on this link: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new or send an email to [email protected] with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • whyttedragunwhyttedragun Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I have the same issue on my S7 Edge (and on my Note 5 before I upgraded).
  • sutemuusutemuu Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I have the same issue too on my Huawei Ascend Mate7 android 4.4.2.
  • Reed039Reed039 Posts: 63Member Member Posts: 63Member Member
    See the following stackoverflow post's top answer: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8101955/how-to-make-4x1-size-widget-on-android-homescreen

I decompiled the app and looked at the Widget's minHeight. It's "102.0dip". It need to be no more than 40.0dip in order to allow users to make it 1 cell high.

See: res/values/dimens.xml's widget_min_height (note that the other height attributes need to be fixed, too)
    edited April 2018
  • RichardMorris05RichardMorris05 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I have only recently updated my app and now I'm suffering with this dreadful double row height widget. I have the Galaxy S7 Edge phone running android 8.

Come on MFP, get this simple issue fixed ASAP, I'm forced now into removing the widget as I don't have the available screen space to use it anymore, my screen is full as I use MFP, Weather and Samsung Health widgets all on my home screen and so they no longer fit with your unnecessarily oversized widget. I might understand why it was so big if it contained more information in the widget, however all you have done is added half a line of space above and below which is now just a dead waste of space.

!!FIX IT!!
  • Reed039Reed039 Posts: 63Member Member Posts: 63Member Member
    If you increase the grid size of your launcher then the fact that it takes up more grid space will be mitigated.
  • Gregg_I_AmGregg_I_Am Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Fix this.
    Widgets are useful when not poorly designed.
    This bad design seems intentional & ignorant & inconsiderate-- and thus *unlike* most of MFP product.
    Fix this.
  • ScurvyDaveScurvyDave Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    This drove me nuts on my last phone and have revisited this thread a number of times...

I installed Nova Launcher (alternative to basic home screen) on my new phone which allows resizing of widgets. You can find it on the play store. Happily using a 4x1 widget now.
    edited March 19