Is it just me?

2»

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Q. I eat way below the recommended amount and do tons and tons of cardio. I refuse to change this even though it isn't working. What should I do?

A. *blank stares*
  • Q. I eat way below the recommended amount and do tons and tons of cardio. I refuse to change this even though it isn't working. What should I do?

A. *blank stares*

^^THis hahaha
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Q. I eat way below the recommended amount and do tons and tons of cardio. I refuse to change this even though it isn't working. What should I do?

A. *blank stares*

^^THis hahaha

:laugh:! In for the truthiness.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    There is a principal of reasoning called Occam's Razor used in logic and problem-solving. It states that among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected. In other words, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

So...

When the OP says "stall" or "plateau", or mentions any of the other complaints seen so frequently on MFP, Occam's Razor points to "the obvious", which has been regurgitated ad nauseum.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Q - weightloss stall? -
    A - sure it's definitiely due to starvation mode / dodgy metabolism / 1200 calories too low.

I mean, come on...NO!!!! I am so sick of hearing this trumped up crap advise. Is it just me?

Well I am just wondering if you are feeling a little bored or something raking up this subject yet again - and as a 'by the way' I noticed after looking at your profile that you are 0 lbs lost and in fact have been 'a stable 118-122lbs for the past four years' - so I am wondering just how much experience you have in the whole health/weight loss area .... not meaning to be offensive - just saying :ohwell:

^Ok that was just unnecessary and VERY rude.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    tumblr_m04kmxQSLr1qkukto.gif
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Q - weightloss stall? -
    A - sure it's definitiely due to starvation mode / dodgy metabolism / 1200 calories too low.

I mean, come on...NO!!!! I am so sick of hearing this trumped up crap advise. Is it just me?

Well I am just wondering if you are feeling a little bored or something raking up this subject yet again - and as a 'by the way' I noticed after looking at your profile that you are 0 lbs lost and in fact have been 'a stable 118-122lbs for the past four years' - so I am wondering just how much experience you have in the whole health/weight loss area .... not meaning to be offensive - just saying :ohwell:

^Ok that was just unnecessary and VERY rude.

I beg to differ ... there was no offence intended and it was not rude - no ruder than the op's comment "sick of hearing this trumped up crap advise" ... this subject has been done to death on these forums - and who are we to say that a certain thing is trumped up crap or not - each to their own , we all find out eventually what is stopping our weight loss. If a person has little or no weight to lose - how can they know how it feels to be stuck at a certain weight with no seeming results ... that was the point I was making. Just one added question - how can asking if someone is feeling bored be any different from this comment that you made " Are you grumpy because you are hungry? :grumble: " in response to "Typical thinking of most of the childish trolls on here MY health > relying on high processed artificial gmo crap" on a different post ? :huh:
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    1200 calories works for me. But one of my MFP friends loses weight on 2000. So everyone's metabolism is different. Don't mind the sarcasm, they're trying to help. I think.
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    BTW, I know Kaz (last comment) and she is a very thoughtful person. She wouldn't hurt anyone. She may have been misunderstood but she is awesome. Just saying, she has helped me a lot on our little MFP site and I think perhaps there are trolls about.