Ladies do you change your diet plan during your period?

13»

Replies

• kellimaddock88
    kellimaddock88 Posts: 3 Member
    I have PMDD. I find that if I avoid carby-starchy foods and gluten foods post-ovulation, then I minimize my symptoms and cravings. I eat a lot of fruit, legumes and whole grain rice as sides instead of my normal sides. Tracking everything helps. It reminds me that... hey! this entire bar of chocolate is a lot of calories! This could just be because I'm eating "healthier," but it definitely helps defeat the bloat and cravings... I will buy chocolates or chips, but I make sure to only get the snack size. Exercise is a great distraction. I'm lucky because I'm about 6 miles from the nearest gas station and I don't have a car... but sometimes a girl just needs a burger or pizza and a beer. Haha.
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    I've only just started, so this was the first day I've noticed. I haven't had an increase in appetite, but my energy is way down and I'm up a few pounds of bloat and water.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I eat more! Lol More junk food, but I try to stay under.. if I don't I work out. I find that dark-chocolate covered pretzels really help with cravings.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Mind over matter, baby girl. Cravings are a state of mind and easier said than done. Have healthy snacks on hand when you get those cravings. Drink water and go for a walk. I work in an office so I get up once an hour and walk for 5 minutes. The smallest things make the biggest difference over time.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    You mean the plan isn't eat everything in front of me?? Yeah well I have to eat at maintenance a day or two not to become homicidal....but other than that I ride it out waiting for my weigh in when it's over and I see the water weight dissappear...it's lovely :)