What event or date is motivating you right now?

Options
123457»

Replies

• sarahanneboswell
    sarahanneboswell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    By the end of the school year I want to look my best to go into summer motivated and looking amazing aff
  • cottontail504
    cottontail504 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My 35th birthday is in three months. I hope to have reached my first goal of losing 30 pounds.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    sayray16 wrote: »
    April 23 - I turn 28
    June 20 - First day of summer
    July 15 - Potential hiking trip in AZ
    Sept 9 - Potential Half Dome hike in Yosemite
    Nov 11 - 5k

I like to have an event to look forward to every month or so in order to stay motivated.

What a great idea! I have prom in April, and a 5K in May. Never really thought about having something every month, but I'm going to look for something for June and July. Maybe even 2 for each month since I teach and I will be on summer vacation. Thanks for the idea!
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm usually not a "event motivation" type of person but I have to say that being the matron of honor at my friend's wedding in septembre 2017 is putting pressure to get serious! How much can I lose in 5 months... Will see!
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My 40th birthday next month.
  • DannyYMi54321
    DannyYMi54321 Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well, just made an appointment to see the cardiologist/vascular surgeon end of May. A few years back he did a number of vein surgeries on me, and I was at a good low weight. Was having chest discomfort and shortness of breath January 2016 and I had put on a lot of weight and I was ashamed at how fat I was at that time. A lot closer now to the low weight than the high one, but I can get off even more.
  • Brandi87224
    Brandi87224 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am training for my city's half marathon! Buffalo, NY. I'm so excited! I'm also graduating soon, so I am trying not to look like the girl who turned into a blueberry in Willy Wonka in my graduation gown.
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Vegas, which is 5 weeks from tomorrow (although been motivating me for the last 3+ months) :-)
  • 1kiloatatime
    1kiloatatime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My 21st in June! Going to the Gold Coast to celebrate so I'd love to wear a bikini in the spa ❤
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    May 2017 - SIL's wedding: most of my husband's extended family won't have seen me in over 6 months, so it will be nice to look better than I have in a long time!
    June 2017 - Family vacation to Europe! I want to be able to keep up with my toddler who will no doubt keep us on our toes! And look good in photos. I want to make sure when my son looks back at pictures from his childhood that he sees his mom in them.
  • Working_Hard4me
    Working_Hard4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    June 3rd I will be doing a 5k in support of brain tumor research in downtown Columbus in support of my dad. I did it last year with the family and struggled very hard to finish. I am not a runner by any means but I have been able to finally lightly jog and have went from a 5k taking my an hour to now this week 48 minutes. I have a ways to go but would like to at least finish around 40 minutes this year.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 this summer!!! I'm showing up to my party in a size 8!
  • ellengiller
    ellengiller Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Summer! I want to feel good at the pool, strong and toned.
  • sarahb8388
    sarahb8388 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My wedding in November.
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Easter Sunday so i can eat whatever i want..Been fasting for the 40 days of lent..2 weeks left