Breakfast Ideas please

13»

Replies

• littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Egg Frittatas are one of my FAVORITES! You can use anything you want in it. I typically use peppers, mushroom, sweet potato, spinach and onion.

I also LOVE putting a head of cauliflower in a food processor, mixing with an egg and garlic salt, then frying like a hash brown. I serve it over spinach, and serve Canadian bacon and a poached egg w a drizzle of Sriracha on top. It's sooo delicious. But makes the house stink like farts sadly :smiley:
  • mcstastny
    mcstastny Posts: 22 Member
    JLL8119 wrote: »
    I make a batch of breakfast sandwiches every week. I make a mix of egg white, chopped onion, peppers, asparagus, pretty much any vegetables that I have on hand. Then I press 1/2 oz turkey sausage or bacon in the bottom of a muffin tin; then pour the egg mixture on top. I bake it in the oven for about 18 minutes at 350 degrees. I take the egg patties and put them on Thomas Light Multi Grain English Muffin with 1/4 slice of American cheese and I have breakfast for 6 days. Just zap them in the microwave (wrapped in a napkin) for 42 secs.

I do something very similar. We scramble up 12 eggs, put in a sprayed baking pan 9×12 approx. Bake until eggs are cooked. At the same time we bake 12 pieces of Turkey bacon. Cut eggs into 12 squares. Let everything cool. Hubby and I get them put together quickly. English muffin, egg square, 1 slice of Turkey bacon broken in half, 1 slice of thin cheese of our liking, wrap in foul and freeze until the start of the week. Then we put in fridge until ready to eat. Microwave sandwich wrapped in paper towel for 20 to 30 seconds and eat. Simple and not bad for on the go either
  • jennsavage3
    jennsavage3 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I have a brownie pan that I love to make breakfast "brownies" in....eggs, any kind of meat, onion, red pepper, spinach, small amounts of cheese...it's super easy and I can switch up the veggie/meat/cheese combos. I have 12 "brownies" each week and can eat every day or even freeze some for other weeks. Made them this week with 8 eggs, 2 handfuls of spinach (chopped), sliced scallions, diced red pepper, 6 slices of pre-cooked (I like to cook on my grill pan) uncured/natural bacon (chopped) and about 1-2 TBSP of sargento taco cheese for each brownie well. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes...easy peasy!
  • LarryRacesBikes
    LarryRacesBikes Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2017
    3 ounces Black Beans
    A fist full of arugula
    25g Advocado
    1 or 2 Poached Pasture Raised Eggs (depending on my exercise goals) tops it all
    Black Coffee
    4 oz Fresh Juice
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2017
    Wonderful suggestions here. Let me add in my two cents worth:

Mix the following together in a medium-size, microwave-safe bowl:

1/3 - 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats (you can use quick cooking, if you'd like, I just prefer the old-fashioned)

a sprinkle of cinnamon

fruit of your choice (I use frozen mixed berries, strawberries, or peaches) or fresh banana
    a little water to make mixture thin (which you don't even need a lot of the time if you're using frozen fruit because the fruit contains enough water)

1. Microwave on HIGH for 3 - 4 minutes (stirring every minute) until mixture has thickened.

2. Remove from microwave and allow to cool before adding 1 c. plain Kefir. *Note: if you add Kefir while the mixture is too warm, you'll destroy the probiotics/bacteria.

DELISH!

*I don't even bother cooking this mixture during the warmer months. I just stir it all together and enjoy. If it's too thick, I'll thin it with unsweetened almond milk or water.