Vegan OMAD

Replies

• ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    460gsbajbbqb.jpg

It's very filling! OMG, another thing to now add to shopping list. lol

Mmm so beautiful! Make two... I'll be right over! ;-)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    lololol, you got it! :-D
  • ShannonOMAD
    Week 4 weigh in this morning. Not great!

Initial : 260
    Week 1 : 254
    Week 2 : 252
    Week 3 : 258
    Week 4 : 255

-5lbs down from initial weigh in, so I can't say it's all for naught! But, very frustrated to have gained 3lbs.
    My boyfriend, however, is doing amazing. He's losing weight very quickly. And he is eating a lot of junk. So, I can't fathom how much more he was eating before!
    So, my dreams of losing 15lbs the first month - shattered. But whatever! I am still enjoying all of the aspects of OMAD, and I AM still down 5lbs. Anything is something.

• wsandy8512
    Love, love, love your positive attitude!! 1-2 pounds, overall average per week, is actually freaking awesome! Even though it doesn't seem like much and can indeed shatter bigger monthly goals, there's no shame in slow and steady. So happy you're proud of those 5 pounds gone, you should be!

I'm having a vegan/vegetarian friendly meal today. My daughter made me two portabella mushroom burgers and roasted brussel sprouts. She made them yesterday, but I had already eaten and was not hungry. I had a bad, bad experience with portabella mushroom burgers over a decade ago, so I'm hoping this time will be different. Never did find out if it was food poisoning from the restaurant I had them at, or maybe I had a tummy bug, or maybe they just didn't agree with me. I will be so sad if I can't stomach them because they smelled sooooo good while she cooked them!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You're doing great! I agree, you have a wonderful attitude. You will be at goal in no time!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Hey! You're doing great and shouldn't worry as long as you keep losing. You will make it to the goal sooner or later.
  • ShannonOMAD
    Love, love, love your positive attitude!! 1-2 pounds, overall average per week, is actually freaking awesome! Even though it doesn't seem like much and can indeed shatter bigger monthly goals, there's no shame in slow and steady. So happy you're proud of those 5 pounds gone, you should be!

I'm having a vegan/vegetarian friendly meal today. My daughter made me two portabella mushroom burgers and roasted brussel sprouts. She made them yesterday, but I had already eaten and was not hungry. I had a bad, bad experience with portabella mushroom burgers over a decade ago, so I'm hoping this time will be different. Never did find out if it was food poisoning from the restaurant I had them at, or maybe I had a tummy bug, or maybe they just didn't agree with me. I will be so sad if I can't stomach them because they smelled sooooo good while she cooked them!

That sounds so delicious! I really do hope you aren't allergic to mushrooms! Mushrooms are one of the few items that are allowed to be sold extra dirty. And they grow in such heavily manured soil, they are extra dirty to begin with! If the restaurant you went to didn't clean the mushrooms before cooking, you certainly could have gotta something nasty from them! But I bet your daughter's meal will be clean and delicious! :-)

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member

If only we could get burnt out and sick of the unhealthy stuff!

Amen to that!

What do you mean, "Not great!"? I see a 3# loss from last week. That's Great! Wishing you continued weekly success. I'm so very happy you are part of the group here at OMAD. You have a fun, positive attitude, and you inspire me.

• ShannonOMAD
    amflautist wrote: »

If only we could get burnt out and sick of the unhealthy stuff!

Amen to that!

What do you mean, "Not great!"? I see a 3# loss from last week. That's Great! Wishing you continued weekly success. I'm so very happy you are part of the group here at OMAD. You have a fun, positive attitude, and you inspire me.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a loss, I was up 6lbs that previous week. So, I lost 3lbs of that, but still up 3 lbs from my lowest weight in the other week!
  • ShannonOMAD
    253lbs this morning. That is the dramatic conclusion to my first month of OMAD!
    Total loss for the month? -7lbs! I'll take it!
    Thinking over my last month, I'd say that I find OMAD to be very easy, especially during the week. I find weekends to be more difficult to navigate. As my boyfriend is also doing OMAD, but his plan is only to do it during the week, and on the weekend, he eats 2 meals (because we have a long tradition of making breakfast together, and he finds change difficult :-) )
    So, I've been sort of doing the same with him. Which, I am fine with, except I find that I am less strict about logging in the food that I am eating on those days. Making it easier to go over calories.

So, yay! one month down! On to the next!
    My plan for improving :
    Rein in my weekends. Specifically, always log 100% of what I eat. Even if I want to splurge.

Here's to May!
  • wsandy8512
    Shannon, that's a great loss, congratulations! And, you did it despite your weekends. I think you have a good plan to allow yourself some freedom, but track everything as well. Good on you, lady! :-)
  • ShannonOMAD
    Shannon, that's a great loss, congratulations! And, you did it despite your weekends. I think you have a good plan to allow yourself some freedom, but track everything as well. Good on you, lady! :-)

Thank you so much! My dude is down 20lbs! And that jerk doesn't have to count or measure anything! ;-) Boys, man!
  • wsandy8512
    Men are turkeys!!! My husband is the same way with losing. However, he doesn't allow himself to get much over 10-15 pounds, unlike me. Lol. I need to follow his example when I reach goal and not allow myself to go up past ten pounds. I should probably be anal and not allow more than five. lol
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You're doing great!
  • ShannonOMAD
    shans34 wrote: »
    You're doing great!

Thank you SO much!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Wow Shannon! 7 lbs in the first month is great! Keep it up :smiley:
  • ShannonOMAD
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Wow Shannon! 7 lbs in the first month is great! Keep it up :smiley:

Thanks!!! I'd love to hit that again this month!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2017
    Men usually lose faster than women and it's not fair!!! 7 lbs in a month is Awesome, KUTGW :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Seven pounds in one month is HUGE! Nice work!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Thank you SO much, my peeps! I've never lost weight this "slowly", and I am THRILLED about it. When starting a new way of eating, I either lose nothing, or I lose 20lbs in the first couple weeks and then nothing after that.
    So a solid 7lbs loss is really encouraging to me! Like maybe it will keep coming!