WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Replies

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    well today was a day~ got my granddaughter on the bus but boy was she wound up, had a field trip to Mystic Aquarium today.. then get a call from the assistant at work telling us that electric company had installed a boot on our electric meter at work for non payment :o so here we are down there with no electricity calling people that we did have the numbers to cancel them.. we finally got power around 12:30.. so most of our day was wasted and we only had a few patients.. working tomorrow too.have Chester snoring next to me..

I hope that the electric issue was just an error - not to be repeated. As if you didn't have enough Farfle to deal with right now...

Hugs!!

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Pip!

Love me some Yogi... and your new profile pic is cute, too!

Hugs,

Re in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    thanks re-

stats for the day:

wahoo hrm working-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.09min. 13.4amph, 131mhr, 2.9mi = 109c
    apple watch- 100c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 45min, 179floors, lvl7, 68steps per min, 115ahr, 137mhr = 318c
    apple watch- 334c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.44min, 128mhr, 12.6amph, 1.4mi = 66c
    apple watch- 41c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.22min, 11.8amph, 124ahr, 142mhr 3mi = 140c
    apple iwatch- 110c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.01min, 9.19min mi, 149mhr, .5mi = 63c
    apple watch- 66c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.27min, 9.37min mi, 152mhr, .4mi = 70c
    Apple Watch- 65c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18min, 8.7amph, 158mhr, 2.6mi = 196c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 962
  • IremiaRe
    Well, Girls;

Jammie Day was blessedly uneventful, and now I am off to the gym for my turn on the elliptical.

Still puffy - so the scale is showing no love... *sighs* But, this, too, shall pass.

I am looking forward to an equally uneventful evening, and a full night's sleep.

That is the extent of my news.

Hope y'all have the most fantastic weekend - just in case I don't see you...

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

NYKaren, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your DD and the job.

Lanette, I can’t believe that person is emailing you from work asking all kinds of questions. After this long, you’d think she would know anyway. Geezzze I agree, if they want your help they can pay for it. (and dearly)

Joyce, I hate that you are having tummy problems. I think Charlie had enough for the whole family.

Kelly, so happy you solved the heartburn issue. That stuff is no fun.

Lanette, isn’t April’s baby boy just the cutest thing ever? Thanks for the pictures.

Katla, glad DH got to drive with his new glasses. If no other reason, just because he can now. So glad things are working out.

Meg, thanks for the BD greetings but it’s not “belated”…..my birthday is Monday when I am leaving on the cruise, so I won’t be online for the week. Gosh I’m going to miss you ladies!!!! Just going to Nassau and Freeport in Bahamas but I enjoy the cruise as much as the ports. Please take care of yourself. Remember to breathe!!!!

Allie, that is too interesting about the power being cut off. Who made that boo boo? You’d think they would allow a little extra time for a commercial customer.

Dana, glad the ankle/foot is going down. Sending healing vibes to you.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

The people came to pick up all the donated items right at 10 am as scheduled. Now we are waiting for the handyman to change out a faucet in the bathroom and move the bed in DD’s bedroom. He said between noon and 1 and it’s 1:30 and haven’t heard from him. I hate waiting!!! Grrrrr. My appointment for eyelashes is at 4:00 so if he hasn’t been here DH will have to supervise. I cleaned everything out from under the sink and scrubbed it good so it’s all ready for some work. I’ve started packing a few of the outfits that don’t/won’t wrinkle. Later: Of course as soon as I got to the room for my eyelashes, I got a call from the handyman. He had lost his wallet and looked for it for 3 hours, but I guess couldn’t call without it????? He came while I got my eyelashes and was almost finished by the time I got home. Yeah….one more thing checked off the list. Now we have water in the guest bathroom before my cruise buddy arrives. Tomorrow is a Moose luncheon for the ladies that were “Member of the Month” throughout the year. Yeppers, I was the first one. Lol It’s a free lunch. It’s been an eventful day so I’m off to bed.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Penny, I was watching last night's show 'Amazing Race'. It's a reality show where teams go around the world doing different challenges and the winner wins a million dollars. Last night they were in Alesund,Norway. How beautiful. The fjords were breath taking. I don't know how close this was in relation to you but no one wore any cold weather clothing.

My sister and daughter both breast fed their babies for as long as they could. For my sister quit feeding her second child, Jenny had learned how to unbutton her blouse. She figured it was time to wean. I tried to do it with mine. I guess I either didn't make enough milk or she never learned to latch on although it hurt like the dickens. Maybe since it hurt so much Christina wasn't relaxed and didn't nurse well. Anyway, the hospital had sent home a supply a started pack of bottles with me ad one day when she was about 2 weeks old, in desperation I gave her a bottle. She took the longest nap she had done since she was born. I felt so terrible that I had deprived her of nutrition for 2 weeks. But I knew she got colostrum because I was dripping all over the place.

As far as handling 'situations' in public, I warned them that if they didn't stop their behavior that we would go to the bathroom and have a discussion. And that's what it was, a harsh discussion. But they knew that the next time we went to the bathroom during that outing, it was a pop on the bottom. And tha'ts about all it was, just a pop but it was enough. They were basically good kids. My daughter has another thought on raising children. They should be able to 'express themselves'. As a grandma, I can talk to her but it is between her and her husband. They don't do anything bad while we are out, just a little to loud for my liking. They aren't misbehaving, just loud.

Speaking of my grandkids, the youngest is 10 and no telling what she will make. She has made her own bow and arrow with it's own quiver, several knives, golf clubs in which she studies weights and how they propel the ball, sews some clothes. But now she has made a marble obstacle course made out of toilet paper or paper towel rolls. There are no rough edges. This starts off her top bunk bed then she has a pulley that she brings the marbles back to her. She draws, writes her own stories. She is a magician and has been in talent shows. She is playing the part of Genie in their school musical Alladin kids. I can't wait to see what she does as an adult. I love both my girls but I can't help but think that Ellie is my favorite. No one else knows about it. Ellie is just so free with her love for anyone. She will spend hours making little tokens of love and give them away at their large church, at a park, mall, any where. One of the favorite things I have from her is a plain piece of block that she drew a picture on one side, and I heart of the other side and wrote I love you Grandma. She taught herself how to read and write when he was 4. Even though they don't teach cursive in school, she has taught herself anyway. She loves watching U-tube videos and making recipes, gardening, sewing, anything. The other one is 15, absolutely gorgeous and doesn't know it. She loves to sing opera and act and read. She also takes used clothing, tears it up and makes new clothing out of them.

OK, bragging over, Joyce Indiana where I have kept the rain away all day by taking an umbrella everywhere I have gone today!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Re – I’m the same way; lactose intolerant … can eat about a ½ cup (scoop) of ice cream; don’t drink milk, it tears me up every time I do. I can eat 1 ounce (no more) of aged Kraft yellow cheese, unlimited white cheese. But, occasionally, regardless of the consequences, I want a ‘milk shake’ and ‘hope I can get home before I explode’. I love, love, love ice cream, too. Louis could easily eat his weight in it. I buy the Blue Bell individual servings which is just about right for my tolerance of it. I love butter pecan and chocolate mint and go to the TCBY place about every 2 months with my BF and eat that as I tell her ‘bye’ and drive home. I can eat some yogurts and sour cream doesn’t seem to bother me, or maybe I don’t eat enough of it to do so. I like cottage cheese, small curds … but; it usually goes bad before I make it through one (I like canned peaches on top of it).

I had extensions put on once before DOS married; had them put on the week before; and, kept losing them to the point that I just took them off. It is probably a good thing that banks no longer, apparently, look at the signature on checks, because they would be calling me and asking, did you write check # so-and-so to so-and-so? The counter has to be just at the right position/height for my handwriting to even be ‘close’ to my signatory card.

This last two-week weigh-in I had found 5 freaking pounds that I had lost over the previous month. Estee gave me some ideas. So boiled eggs, and carrots and/or celery with my Guacamole. More protein, more exercise. Son told his Dad they needed to get rid of the above-ground pool. Besides, nobody else will clean it. I told him last year that ‘if’ he would teach me how to clean it I would do so, since I am the only one who really uses it. But, I can understand where he is coming from, his utility bill is probably at least $100 more than it would be, if he did not have it. I can tell ‘if’ I have lost weight by the way my jeans fit. The closer I get to my goal weight the harder it is to get there and I need to get there, soon!

Lanette – You are a bigger-hearted woman than I would be … I would forward the emails to her supervisor when I was forwarding it to my own personal email account. I think I might even ‘suggest’ that maybe they get more training for her position. As long as you are being her ‘lifeline’ she will continue getting information about ‘how to do something’ from you and take all the credit herself.

DJ – One of my former HS classmates is in a ‘committed relationship’ with a man who takes her all over the world on cruises. Right now they are in Egypt; sending pictures on FB. Can’t wait to hear about it when we all get together for lunch on May 1st.

Joyce – My DOGD is my ‘heart’. She calls us twice a week to talk. Our DMGD is so gorgeous and she ‘also’ doesn’t know it (or believe it), DYGD just ‘looks’ at me (almost like she is scared of me; but, none of them have gotten away with misbehaving around me); her ‘other’ Nana is her Nana – she is forever buying her stuff ranging from candy to toys. I think that DMGD feels a little ‘left out’. Her Mother spend so much time being a ‘good’ step-Mother much to her expense. Now my step-granddaughter is a card, never meets a stranger, she is always making things, too. When we first met, she called me “Miss Lenora” … even after Will married her Mom. So I wrote her and told her that she needed to decide what she wanted to call me other than “Miss Lenora” as long as it was NOT Grandmamma, Grannie, Grandma, Grandmother; she settled on Nana because that is what the other 3 call me, although that is what she calls her step-mother’s mother. But, since we don’t live near one another – it doesn’t matter. I suggested Nana, GG, Sugar, Mimi – it makes it easier for her to call me Nana.

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Lenora. I first set up my ancient rice cooker (she's 30 yes old!), then I fry up the bacon bits. After they cook I throw in the eggs, using a whisk so they cook in small pieces. I put the mixture in my huge bowl, and then fry up the chicken mixture. My teriyaki sauce is just margarine, brown sugar, a squirt of mustard and soy sauce. I have it marinate as I am frying the bacon up. Then I just toss the rice in, with the bacon/eggs, and chicken. Its my sons favorite meal because he loves every item! When the taught him how to make it, and all the prep work to doing it, I think he appreciates it even more!

Tonight we all watched the 1970s MASH movie. Son has been watching the series every morning before he trots off to the bus, so he liked where that series started from!

Nothing going on this weekend. Quiet...
    Take care all! (((((((((Hugs)))))))

Beccak9fjnlel8h7q.jpg
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Accountability Post
    Thursday's Progress (4/20)
    ✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L6, D14, BBS 23= 44g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (7g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    ✔️6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, ✔️Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.

Today (Friday) I had the iridotomy procedure on my right eye. Pressure remained high an hour afterwards - so I have an additional drop to use for a few days for added pressure-lowering oomph. Busy day planned here at home tomorrow.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Night all - caught myself 'sleep reading' - hope I didn't miss anything :smile:
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Thanks everyone for the words of support and advice on my work stress. It is better right now because I have 2 days off and then my boss is gone to Hawaii for 10 days. Things will be okay for now. I have made doctor and psychologist appointments. We will see what happens next.

Sarah - the salad sounds delicious
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Allie- Keep protecting yourself. It's up to you but I think the time for talking is past unless it is to your lawyer.

Katla - Your DH must be so excited to finally have his new glasses.

Margaret - The photo of the hyacinths made me smile. Thank you!

Mia- I love the sass.

DJ - the cruise is getting so close. Enjoy every minute.

NY Karen - The lunch sounds very nice. Good luck to your DD.

Lenora - I am sorry for what your family is going through

Becca - Singing is important and I'm sure everyone enjoyed it. Maybe the new co-ordinator swallowed a sour grape?

This has been a long day and I should be in my bed but as usual I am still up. I just avoided the man for the 3 hrs. that we were at work at the same time. I got a very nice letter from one of the kids that is done school for now and moving home for the summer. It was nice to be thanked for training and support. I find it rewarding to be part of their lives as they grow into themselves.

I spent time with DD as she did errands. DGS did not pass his learner's license. He wrote the test too quickly. We know he knows the subject matter. Next test will be taken on paper instead of the computer. He really beat himself over not passing. He feels like all his school mates passed on the first try. I told him that they probably didn't say anything until they could say they passed.
    DGD got her hair trimmed up and curled. She couldn't resist all the mirrors in Walmart. She always makes me smile. Today the big excitement of the day was the Monster High Bike that her Mom had bought her. Question of the day "Grandma, you have a lot of pictures with horses. Were bikes not invented when you were my age?"
    Her brother reacted with disgust and gallantly came to my defense. "Grandma isn't that old. She just looks tired sometimes."

My brother stopped by this afternoon. We shared some memories of Lawrence. We also spoke of his kidney function. He asked why we had changed the Kast Blast to July long weekend from August long weekend. We had actually considered skipping it but decided too many people wanted to come. Another family has the hall and park booked for August long weekend. There is always so much happening in the summer.

Looking forward to staying in bed as long as I want.

Sharon in Lethbridge (it poured this morning and was cold. This afternoon I could have worn shorts.)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    DH has been out to buy red roses for us to wear tomorrow (St Georges Day) we English seem make more of Irish, Scots and Welsh saint's days than our own so we are making an effort when we go to town tomorrow.

Kate UK <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Happy Saturday! Off to do the grocery shopping and then I have a date with the lawn mower! Love and hugs to all! Thanks for the breastfeeding advice for DD! KJ(Kelly)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Kelly I'm late with the bf advice...I remember the hospital where I gave birth had a hotline and a program where a nursing consultant came by to see how things were progressing--what a Godsend as my mother had never nursed any of her 8 children and while she was supportive, had very little advice except to say "relax, you'll both figure it out ". La leche leagues are another resource to check out on line

Well looking forward to my last lazy weekend for a month-I'm working or driving long distances for the next 4 weekends so I want to savor being a little lazy :p today. Being lazy of course starts with: cleaning kitchen making pancakes for DH exercising yard work and grocery shopping ;) which I bet is how many of our "lazy" weekends work out to be!

Happy Saturday everyone. NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Marilyn join right in to the on going discussions. Make sure book mark page by clicking on star and turning it yellow across from the title of this site. Easier to find us that way. Welcome!