I should be upset but....

13»

Replies

• Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Someone stole the chicken out of my lunch. Just the chicken and left the rest of the meal in my Tupperware.

someone must of been lifting hard and was really craving protein. I can understand that.
  • Rivers2k
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I just thought about this but...

If one were to steal a lunch from the workplace fridge, where would one eat it? The desk, the lunchroom, a conference room - none of those places sound like a good place to eat a stolen lunch and be potentially spotted.

I'm thinking, hide it in the lapel of your jacket and scarf it down in a toilet stall. Seems like an odd dietary approach for an office worker making an okay paycheck but, the hell with it. I don't understand people anyway.

I thought the same. I was thinking I would be afraid of getting caught while heating it up. We have one break room. I have an office but many of the others are in a cubicles so no idea where they would eat it.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I bring a little container of coffee creamer everyday, enough for one cup, just to avoid putting my creamer in the fridge at work. People will use that *kitten* in a heartbeat and not think twice.

There is a guy who sits close to me, and will run to the kitchen when an email comes out about extra food from a section luncheon. He is a programmer and is probably one of the highest salaries in the IT department. Why are people so cheap like that? And here I am, one of the lowest paid IT people and I bring bagels for my section sometimes. Of course I don't share with the cheap guy, he's not on my team. LOL!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited April 2017
    Rivers2k wrote: »

If one were to steal a lunch from the workplace fridge, where would one eat it? The desk, the lunchroom, a conference room - none of those places sound like a good place to eat a stolen lunch and be potentially spotted.

I'm thinking, hide it in the lapel of your jacket and scarf it down in a toilet stall. Seems like an odd dietary approach for an office worker making an okay paycheck but, the hell with it. I don't understand people anyway.

I thought the same. I was thinking I would be afraid of getting caught while heating it up. We have one break room. I have an office but many of the others are in a cubicles so no idea where they would eat it.

Unless it's frozen if, they take it when; work begins & put it in their desk drawer, refrigerator food'll be room temperature by; lunchtime & thus tastes okay, if not; microwaved!

Also they, possibly won't risk microwaving it; because you might, smell it; somewhere else & if, it's frozen or if they'll only consume it, heated they; possibly brought their own lunch &'re taking, your's home for; dinner instead!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I bring a little container of coffee creamer everyday, enough for one cup, just to avoid putting my creamer in the fridge at work. People will use that *kitten* in a heartbeat and not think twice.

There is a guy who sits close to me, and will run to the kitchen when an email comes out about extra food from a section luncheon. He is a programmer and is probably one of the highest salaries in the IT department. Why are people so cheap like that? And here I am, one of the lowest paid IT people and I bring bagels for my section sometimes. Of course I don't share with the cheap guy, he's not on my team. LOL!

tbf though, you don't get rich by spending money.

my grandpa is like this. dude made bank off insurance and investments and what not and could live anywhere he wants and do whatever he wants. he's like 80 now and lives in the same old place he's been in for 30 years now, buys used cars, rarely ever goes out to eat, et cetera et cetera.

I can understand this. It just bugs me when people are first in line to get free food because someone is kind enough to bring in extra, but never does the same for us. It's gotten to where I'll bring in just a little extra and share with people who have shared things with me. That's how I feel like I'm "paying them back."

For the younger people, I understand being careful on spending because you want to make sure you'll be financially stable when you retire. Let's face it, SS may not be around when a lot of us retire. But we also work to live. Money is supposed to be spent. Make memories.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member

tbf though, you don't get rich by spending money.

my grandpa is like this. dude made bank off insurance and investments and what not and could live anywhere he wants and do whatever he wants. he's like 80 now and lives in the same old place he's been in for 30 years now, buys used cars, rarely ever goes out to eat, et cetera et cetera.

Is your grandpa Warren Buffet? Lol

My son stole one of my Quest bars out of my "secret stash", took one bite out of it, then threw it in the trash! I'm not sure if I was more mad at him for getting into my stash or for taking a bite out of a $2.29 protein bar, then throwing it away!
  • Rivers2k

IMO I think coffee creamer would be up for grabs. Stuff like milk and condiments are typically shared where I work otherwise we would have 100 different bottles of creamer in the fridge. I don't drink coffee so I don't use it but it seems as though people share that stuff.

As far as the other guy goes running for the food. I know a lawyer who packages it up to bring home lol. people go in and grab a slice or a bowl what ever and he is pulling out the Tupperware containers hahaha
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member

Cheapskates'll go to, extreme measures to; save anything!

"You gonna eat that?"
    "Well - I kind of haven't started it.... but yeah"