Can't lose weight for the life of me!!! Help!

2»

Replies

• wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Same height, 130lbs, 20 years old. I've found my biggest barrier is inaccurate logging and grabbing a mouthful of something when I go through the kitchen.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Maybe muscle is negating some of your loss, gaining muscle while losing fat, but I'm confused how anyone loses 20lbs in 2.5 weeks....considering 2lbs a week seems like the golden rule for safe healthy weight loss.

Unless OP is on tren (I hope not lol) she's not negating her loss with muscle gain.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Are you taking measurements as well? Once you count calories and weigh your food, you should be taking basic measurements every 1-2 weeks. Even if your scale barely moves a pound in a month, you might have lost inches because of muscle gains. You also have to consider water intake and staying hydrated. You're only overweight for your height and not obese, so rapid weight loss in a short period of time will be crash dieting for your size. Like other comments before me, I think your expectations should be changed on how quickly it will take to lose the weight.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    becca6879 wrote: »
    Maybe muscle is negating some of your loss, gaining muscle while losing fat, but I'm confused how anyone loses 20lbs in 2.5 weeks....considering 2lbs a week seems like the golden rule for safe healthy weight loss.

I went through a breakup so I was not eating a huge amount. I was skipping some meals. But I worked out two times a day for 3 weeks. I was able to maintain that weight for a year after that, even when I went back to normal eating but was still working out 3 days a week. This was two years ago.

Exercise can give you a little wiggle room in how much you eat in a day. But you can't "exercise" off too many calories. Weight-loss and maintenance has more to do with what you eat than with how much you exercise. It's also not healthy to try.

Consider the purpose of exercise is fitness and the purpose of a food diary is measuring/tracking intake for weight-loss.