Panera Bread's food is 100% clean

13»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The worst part about this whole "clean" business is they really changed their chicken Caesar salad. No more asiago cheese and the dressing isn't as good.

The only time I've ever eaten at Panera......this is what I got. It was awful.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    kclaar11 wrote: »
    As someone with a marketing background, this is actually great planning on their part. Is it basically meaningless nonsense? Of course it is. However, they found the buzzword of the day that will stick with a large audience. Almost have to applaud them for beating others to the punch

Exactly right, a buzzword, used to hook some people.
    But, then again, what does it mean to anyone. There are multiple topics here about it almost daily.

It just depends on the person. To the well informed, "clean" is a meaningless term. But it seems for many (especially those who bounce from diet to diet looking for results), "clean" means healthy. My assumption is that people see Panera, and think, "This is much better for me than Chik-fil-a, McDonald's, or KFC so I am going to go there". Anything that increases traffic is a success. I personally go to Panera because I love their food.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    As someone with a marketing background, this is actually great planning on their part. Is it basically meaningless nonsense? Of course it is. However, they found the buzzword of the day that will stick with a large audience. Almost have to applaud them for beating others to the punch

But, then again, what does it mean to anyone. There are multiple topics here about it almost daily.

It just depends on the person. To the well informed, "clean" is a meaningless term. But it seems for many (especially those who bounce from diet to diet looking for results), "clean" means healthy. My assumption is that people see Panera, and think, "This is much better for me than Chik-fil-a, McDonald's, or KFC so I am going to go there". Anything that increases traffic is a success. I personally go to Panera because I love their food.

Well I did say "some" people. I did not mean, or say, all people. It is a meaningless term to a lot of people. Even those of us that are not "well informed". And "healthy" is another term bounced around quite a bit here.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member

Well I did say "some" people. I did not mean, or say, all people. It is a meaningless term to a lot of people. Even those of us that are not "well informed". And "healthy" is another term bounced around quite a bit here.

Oh I completely agree that it is essentially a meaningless term; I also think "healthy" is highly subjective as well. Unfortunately, my experience with many of the people close to me view "clean" and "healthy" as gold standards so they jump at things using these terms. Having said that, these are the same people that have done everything from Atkin's to ACV to body wraps to Plexus, et cetera; they are very susceptible to marketing campaigns.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Their half chicken Thai salad and that baguette tho
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Isn't "In and Out's" burgers all "clean" too? Lol, advertising makes all the difference with making a dollar. People today are so gullible when it comes to "healthy" eating.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png