What do you all fear?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Having nothing left to give but hatred..

Hi ?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Also, aside from sharks...aliens.

I would so much rather see a shark than an alien.

I think you're safe.

I get that. But why, exactly? I'm pretty sure when the aliens arrive they will exterminate us in order to inhabit our biosphere...but why wouldn't they arrive here?

We send out signals. That seems really dumb.

Sure, we send out signals to each other all the time and it works out great. But alien life...mightn't be even humanly recognizable as life.

That mightn't be the sort of thing you want to talk to.

two quick, off-the-cuff thoughts on the topic....

misery loves company

I probably taste like chicken
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Mud.

Ugh.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Distance above the ground, so not specifically heights like being on cliff edges but also being in deep water, like swimming out too far or on a boat.
  • FaeryLove18
    FaeryLove18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Worst day ever would be, being trapped in a car with a spider(big one) while there is cloud to ground lightning and bumble bees swarming about. :'(

And then that car plunges off a bridge and starts sinking in the water and you can't break the windows.....that spider would be terrified I bet

Thanks pal, my horrible day just got worst, but a tiny silver lining....can't see the lightning anymore. :neutral::p
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    After watching Dr. Who yesterday, I fear being trapped in a TimeLord confessional box for 4.5 billion years.
  • terr91payette14
    terr91payette14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of tornados. I will literally sit in a bathtub until a tornado watch is over shivering and sometimes crying. I honestly feel like I'd die of a heart attack or something from fear of dying from a tornado. Thank God we don't get many warning where I live. Also really afraid of how I'm going to die and what happens after.
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Being buried alive...before mastering my Five-Point-Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

Seriously.
  • crazycat1977
    crazycat1977 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Mine is water, but trying to overcome it by having swimming lessons. Can't even stand putting my face in the pool.
  • Oscarfitforlife10
    Oscarfitforlife10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Myself
  • mickeyyy20
    mickeyyy20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The dark and failure
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Vomit, tornadoes, something happening to my children
  • turbostang7
    turbostang7 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    rejection and being alone
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Since I was a kid, I've worried that one day someone will tell me a secret that EVERYONE knows about me, but that I'm unaware of. Kind of like The Emperor's New Clothes type of scenario.

It's the fear of being unknowingly ridiculed mixed with the fear of being the only one who is clueless.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    My family being attacked by bears when I am unarmed and have no pepper spray

The chances of this happening is slim to none, even when we are places where bears are common. I guess it is the fear of being mostly helpless to protect my family.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    running out of coffee

No coffee? Now that is terrifying!
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Also the possibility of ww3

.... just a matter of time