Sandy's OMAD Journal

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I hope so! A few of our friends just got power today and one of them is staying with us now because she still doesn't have power.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I miss you Sandy!!! :'(
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I miss you Sandy!!! :'(

Me too :'(:'(:'(
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Just checking in to say hi!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I figure I'll post here knowing that as soon as I do Sandy will be checking in.

So ((((Sandy)))), let us know how you're doing please.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Hello Lovelies! I fell off the wagon really hard when I tried to quit smoking and I never even bothered opening MFP until a chat with the awesome Stephanie today. I gained almost all of my weight back, well about 10 pounds away from original start now after beginning again 10 days ago. I had a fire lit under my *kitten* after my blood test results came back the week before last. Impaired glucose (120) and high cholesterol (I know most is from smoking, but triglycerides are sugar stored as fat :-( and they were 175)

I want to lower those numbers as quickly as possible so I've been following Dr. Jason Fung's program for LCHF and a combo of Intermittent, Alternative Day, and Extended Fasting. He's for all kinds of healthy eating, but I feel a sense of urgency so I'm going the route he thinks best for those in my situation, insulin resistant. Instead of waiting to lose weight to try and quit, I'm going to do it simultaneously. I have some low mg nicotine patches that I bought today just in case my plans for cold turkey take a dive.

My IF plan varies between 16:8-23:1, I did OMAD twice last week and today. I'm going to shoot for an extended fast this week some time. I'm happy to report that I've already lowered my fasting glucose numbers! I just bought my kit last Monday and it was 113 (about 4 days in), Tuesday was 110, Wednesday was 100, Thursday was 113, Friday 100, and today... 88!

I'm sorry I never said goodbye and I'm sorry for those who tried to contact me via messages, I never saw them. I hope you guys can forgive me, if not, I understand.

Hugs To All~Sandy
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    OMG Sandy. Welcome back!!! I have certainly missed you. I definitely understand life happens and so do setbacks. I am so glad you are taking control and are making progress. You were such an inspiration for me and I am here to support and encourage you. So glad you are back. Here is to your continued success.
  • wsandy8512
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    OMG Sandy. Welcome back!!! I have certainly missed you. I definitely understand life happens and so do setbacks. I am so glad you are taking control and are making progress. You were such an inspiration for me and I am here to support and encourage you. So glad you are back. Here is to your continued success.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Tracey! You always inspired me, too. I really do need support, it was a big mistake to leave. I probably could've gotten back on track had I stuck around with all of you. I don't even know what was going on in my head. Ugh.

I look forward to seeing your progress again and all of your food! And, here's to our continued success :-)
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    My OMAD meal yesterday: Leftover oven fried chicken (outer coating was smashed up pork rinds with paprika, garlic salt, pepper, cayenne pepper added, and chicken was coated in eggs then tossed in bag of coating), baked creamy brussel sprouts (heavy cream, shredded cheese blend, bacon, garlic, and parmesan cheese), and cauliflower salad (mayo, olive oil and cider vinegar for dressing, and the rest sweet onions, extra sharp cheddar cheese, bacon, and then I added a lovely green jalapeño to my own serving--normally it would be a broccoli/cauliflower salad but I forgot to get broccoli), I then had a large cup of bullet proof coffee made with MCT oil, ghee, and pumpkin pie spice! I love my Vitamix! :-)

As you can see, I am still a proponent of ensuring I get plenty of calories, even though I'm not counting. I had a dinner plate, and there was a little space between my food, not piled high. I couldn't finish my whole chicken breast though, probably half because it was a filling meal.

We are going to my mother-in-laws for dinner today, not sure what she has planned. I'm going to bring my leftover salad and a veggie plate and stick with just the meat. If she's made a stew, I'll just take the meat from the pot. It's no biggy unless she notices. She always hated that I do IF, let alone LCHF. But, I'm sure she will ease up when I inform her that I've brought my blood glucose down 32 points in less than two weeks. :-)
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Sorry for all the posts this morning, I have a lot on my mind today.

This mornings glucose level was 96, so my 6 day average is 99 now. I'm so very happy.

I've come to accept that a low carb/high fat diet (not diet as in lose weight, but diet as in what someone eats) will be the majority of my lifestyle, it's not an issue of choice anymore, it's an issue of not wanting to get diabetes, or die of a heart attack or have a stroke. My insulin resistance is high; therefore, fasting will always be a part of my lifestyle to help heal myself and reset my body, first and foremost. Weight loss will just be the icing on the proverbial cake with a big fat cherry on top! :-D

However, that doesn't mean I won't ever enjoy a sugar-laden dessert sometimes or that I won't ever enjoy a carb-rich meal. It just means they'll be saved for special occasions like a celebration or eating out, enjoying foods on vacation (though I'd try to limit over-indulging on carbs). When I speak of carbs, I'm not talking about healthy carbs from unrefined grains and fruits and veggies--I will introduce them again at some point, but my health issues and reversing pre-diabetes is the priority right now so I will be sticking with greens and other low glycemic veggies and low glycemic fruits from the berry family :-)

Though I will not hold back on fats from meats, I will try to keep processed meats to a minimum. I'm so glad there are companies that make chemical free bacon though! Most of my fats will come from healthy sources like olive, coconut, MCT, and avocado oils and their food equivalents, as well as low carb nuts and seeds.

Pretty much, WHEN I meet my goals, I'll be eating a lot like I did when I started this journey. Processed foods were kept to a minimum and, just like now, whole foods will be the main part of my diet :-)

Fasting styles will vary from hourly types of IF to alternate day to extended. I'm planning an EF next week, I'd like to shoot for six days. I won't beat myself up if I can't do it though. lol

Anyway, I can't promise that I won't post anymore today, but that's it for now. :-)
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    We went to my mother-in-laws for dinner tonight. I made these creamy avocado deviled eggs for everyone and they were a hit! I didn’t want to whip out my phone for dinner, so here is what I had: a lovely green tossed salad with robust Italian dressing, small fried lean pork chop (I don’t know what her coating was on them but assumed it was carb-y), some of my leftover cauliflower salad from yesterday, and several deviled eggs. Glad I brought my own stuff over just in case because she also had rolls and scalloped potatoes, I chose not to have either.

I almost got away without her knowing I was watching what I ate until... “Sandy, you want some coconut cream pie?” I politely said, “No, but thanks for asking”, then proceeded to wash the rest of the dinner dishes. And then I heard the equivalent to a “pfft” sound and she sort of had a laugh in her voice and asked, “What, are you trying to lose weight again or something“. :-: I said, “No, trying to lower my glucose levels”, she said a quick “hmm” and walked off. I don’t know why but that just ruined my whole evening and bummed me out. My husband said that she didn’t mean anything by it. Maybe she didn’t, maybe I’m just overly sensitive. Glad I didn’t have the pie though! np90g38lrl44.jpeg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi Sandy,

Glad you are back although I wasn't a part of the OMAD when you were. But welcome back! As you know, this group is awesome and full of love and support :)! Your eggs looked super yummy---I love anything avocado so I will certainly try that.....

That is awesome on lowering your glucose so quickly --I had gestational diabetes with my second son, and was at high risk for diabetes as well, but I dropped the weight (I started at 234 back in 2017/2018 and am now at 166) I no longer have that risk, I also had high BP and am now no longer on meds so I am a huge fan of how the we way we eat can reverse health issues that we may have. So you just ignore people that may comment :) and move on :)

I will be here to cheer you on!

~D

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    SANDY MY SANDY!!! Welcome back in, beautiful, the water is fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3
  • wsandy8512
    Hi Sandy,

Glad you are back although I wasn't a part of the OMAD when you were. But welcome back! As you know, this group is awesome and full of love and support :)! Your eggs looked super yummy---I love anything avocado so I will certainly try that.....

That is awesome on lowering your glucose so quickly --I had gestational diabetes with my second son, and was at high risk for diabetes as well, but I dropped the weight (I started at 234 back in 2017/2018 and am now at 166) I no longer have that risk, I also had high BP and am now no longer on meds so I am a huge fan of how the we way we eat can reverse health issues that we may have. So you just ignore people that may comment :) and move on :)

I will be here to cheer you on!

~D

Thanks so much for the incredible welcome and support! It’s so good to be back with this super group of achievers!

Huge congratulations for your health milestones and getting off meds. So much healing happens by simply changing the way we eat, I completely agree with you.
  • wsandy8512
    SANDY MY SANDY!!! Welcome back in, beautiful, the water is fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

Thanks so much! I’m glad I came back for a long swim. Haha <3

• wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Brunch... would’ve been bacon but the bagger neglected to put that bag in my cart and the hubby put away my groceries so I didn’t know it was missing until today.

Anyhoo, pre-brunch was some bullet proof coffee and some spicy pork rinds. I then had a 6 egg scramble with 1/2 a medium container of baby spinach fried in ghee, a whole avocado (missing from pic because I left it on the counter), and a bowl of raspberries, blueberries, and black berries with 3TBSP of chia seeds and a handful of almonds covered with heavy whipping cream. I made some peanut butter and chocolate fat bombs (cacao powder, coconut oil, butter, walnuts, and vanilla extract) and threw them in the freezer. The recipe called for stevia, but I chose to leave it out—they’re yummy! My whole meal was yummy!

I just woke from a short nap and had a fat bomb and I’m drinking last cup of bullet proof coffee. I usually only have one a day, but my sleep is all screwed up lately and I need to last longer tonight. Lol.

Oh, my glucose was 82 this morning! Woohoo!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    YUMMY my mouth is watering......the fat bombs look delicious...…

That is super awesome on your glucose :) keep it up!!!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Thanks @volgirl1322 and they are delicious. Not like I can kill them all off in a sitting, which is a good thing, they're simply too filling to over indulge lol.
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Back To It Stats-It began on 21 March, 2019
    Start day of IF 3/21/19
    SW: 223.2 lb
    CW: 214.4 lb
    WG: 212 lb
    MG: 210 lb
    GW: 130 lb
    Today’s Date: 4/8/19
    Today’s Plan: 19:5
    Weight Goal for the Month: 210
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Height: 5’5”
    Today’s Water Consumed: An *kitten* ton
    Description/Photo of Meals: See post from earlier today
    Total cals – I don't count calories

Your thoughts/comments on the day: I'm exhausted because my sleep schedule is all turned around. It started a couple of days ago when I woke at 2 am after going to bed around 10pm, next day I went to bed at 9pm and had an awful time getting to sleep due to "keto rash" in an uncommon but super uncomfortable place to have it, I woke at 1 am for the day. Last night I went to bed shortly after 7pm and was up at midnight. I did take a short nap, only know I slept because I had a livid dream. When I woke I drank 3 glasses of water and had another bullet proof coffee. I'm hoping to make it until 10pm tonight and reverse this ridiculous and damaging cycle.

Lastly, I'm really happy because I'm down 8.8 pounds in 2 weeks, 4 days, guess I'm heading in the right direction! :-)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    All my girls need to get their sleep back on schedule! I know I know - pot kettle etc LOL - I'm a BEAR when I'm under-rested so I feel your pain :)

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY on down 8.8 already!!! What a great motivation for getting back in! WOOT WOOT!

Would you like to join in our weekly goal? Perhaps you could shoot for 212? That'd be 2.4 this week :) - also how often are you weighing? GIMME DA DETES!!