How Good Does Being "in shape" Taste/Feel

1235»

Replies

• ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Healthy eating and being in shape aren't mutually exclusive. Enjoy your doughnuts, but keep your body moving. Fitness, for me, has made me feel unstoppable. The junk food, not so much, but I just can't refuse myself the sweets.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    I eat donuts and I lose weight. You can have both.

You might be able to do that, but I sure have no plans to go down that road again. :/ I can't get the same "food value" out of a donut as I can from say, a protein bar. So if I eat a donut, I have to eat more of something else to make up for that lack of nutrition. For those of us that don't have 2000 calories (or whatever your high number is) to consume, yes, we DO need to give up/restrict certain foods from our regular diet. As a special treat now and then, sure, when I am back on maintenance, once in a great while, I will splurge on a Duck Donuts maple bacon. But no way am I eating them every day or even every week. Eating too much of that kind of stuff is what got me this extra weight I am working on losing.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    storyjorie wrote: »
    I guess everyone has their own "taste" when it comes to what makes a splurge taste good. I enjoy and really savor every crumb of a splurge I planned for. Going out for an amazing Italian dinner with my husband on a Saturday night when that morning I ran 8 miles, after a week of eating as I had planned to do=feels and tastes great in every possible way. Eating a donut I didn't intend to eat "just because" doesn't feel nearly as good to me.

Times 1000.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member

You might be able to do that, but I sure have no plans to go down that road again. :/ I can't get the same "food value" out of a donut as I can from say, a protein bar. So if I eat a donut, I have to eat more of something else to make up for that lack of nutrition. For those of us that don't have 2000 calories (or whatever your high number is) to consume, yes, we DO need to give up/restrict certain foods from our regular diet. As a special treat now and then, sure, when I am back on maintenance, once in a great while, I will splurge on a Duck Donuts maple bacon. But no way am I eating them every day or even every week. Eating too much of that kind of stuff is what got me this extra weight I am working on losing.

You ever have the special treat on the rare occasion and then think "That didn't taste nearly as good as I remember it"?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    This becomes a personal question, that no one but you can answer for yourself. If you can't "eat just one", then it might be best to cut them out completely.

I thought I might have this issue with chips. I could eat a family sized bag in one sitting if I felt like it. And it would not last more than 3, with 2 being average. I now have a box of small bags of chips (under 30 grams ~ 170 calories) and I can eat one bag and move on happily. Others here can't and would eat a lot more than 1 bag if they had them in the house.

Absolutely agree. Everyone has to know themselves, and figure out what works for them. I know that I CANNOT HAVE POTATO CHIPS IN THE HOUSE. NEVER. EVER.

I will eat a half of a bag, in one sitting. Simply love them too much, and the only way for me to conquer that is to not buy them. Nope. Not gonna do it.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited April 2017
    This thread has done much to stir my emotions.

bzehj7zwfz0k.gif

Thanks again, everyone.

• fitmom4lifemfp

You ever have the special treat on the rare occasion and then think "That didn't taste nearly as good as I remember it"?

Oh yes. :'(