Shans OMAD journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes, Shans, please don't get down on yourself. In addition to what Brenda said--which I wholeheartedly agree with--, if you are going to continue even with just walking... eat back at least 50% of the calories. It's hard to do mentally, but it works scientifically.

***I haven't worked out since I caused myself sciatic nerve pain. I've only been walking the past couple of weeks and the weight is still coming off. I rode the exercise bike a couple of times but no more than an hour and I didn't walk those days. Aside from yesterday and the day before, I've been eating more calories and it isn't making me gain.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Day 40:
    So decided to take my measurements yesterday. I may not be loosing much on the scale but 3 whole inches off my hips!!! What?! I was so excited. Plus 1 inch off each my chest, waist and arms.
    Meal: oriental chicken wrap with side salad and a martini at Applebee's.
    exercise: a lot of walking. My man and I went to a museum.
    Feeling: good! It's been a great day.
  • shans34
    Btw:
    SW: 363lbs
    CW: 284lbs
    Down a total of 79lbs to date.
    First GW: 210lbs
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome! Congratulations :smiley:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If you don't see it on the scale but you see it in inches, then you have lost fat and gained muscle! That is a success, just not as easily seen as the weight on the scale. Your body % fat has improved! Keep it up and keep measuring as well as weighing.
  • wsandy8512
    Another pound gone, and the inches as well, you're kicking butt!
  • shans34
    Day 41:
    Meal: chicken drumsticks, homemade mashed potatoes, string beans. Topped off with grapes, banana and some jube jubes a little later.
    Exercise: whatever I get around the house and some yoga
    Feeling: better then I have in a while emotionally.
  • wsandy8512
    So happy that you're feeling better emotionally, Shans. Hugs to you sweet lady!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing great, KUTGW :)
  • shans34
    Day 42:
    Because I've been struggling with seeing the scale move, I decided to change things up. My "meal" will be a 4 hour window. Noon until 4pm. Also I'm going to eat as fresh as possible and see if I can get the scale moving again at a more rapid pace like before.
    With that said....
    Meal: 2 boiled eggs, a cup of fruit, southwest salad, 2 chicken sausages and some ceasar salad.
    Exercise: my usual walking, housework, yoga and just dance.
    Feeling: determined. My fiancé and I are going to a music/fireworks festival in 4 weeks, I want to be as small as possible before we go!
  • blambo61
    How many cals are you expending when your doing dance or walking and other stuff? Are you going for long walks?
  • shans34
    Day 44:
    I was very frustrated for a while, so I stepped away! That frustration involved persistence and it has paid off! I lost 5lbs this week!!! Woot woot!!!!
    For those who have asked, I started a we chart. I started one on my phone in April, so I will just continue it.
  • wsandy8512
    That's so awesome, Shans! I'm really happy for you, what a great loss this week!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome loss and nice chart :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    There you go.
    Stay steady and keep it going.
  • blambo61
    Your doing well! Congrats.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Yeeaayy! You patience paid off! Our bodies take time to adjust. Yours finally did! Keep going :)
  • shans34
    Sorry guys, I've been very busy! I will be back soon!
  • shans34
    Hi guys,
    So I strayed from OMAD for a while, but I'm back. This week yielded a -1 lbs loss. After last week, I'm happy with that!
    Time to pick back up in OMAD! I'm excited.
    Total lost today is 72.4lbs.
    I always wondered if my scale was accurate or not, so I weight tested it with a 15lbs dumbbell. It's accurate to within a pound. So at least I can keep faith with my scale!
    Today I plan a lot of fresh food. A salad with boiled eggs and tacos homemade.
    Exercise: I have been making over 15K steps daily, so I will continue to aim for that. On Monday I plan to start some basic bending and stretching as well as yoga to tone up some.
    You all are doing fantastic. I don't always comment on everyone's threads, but I do read them!
  • shans34
    Hi guys,
    I'm still around and still fully committed to OMAD. I strayed for a while experimental wise, but turns out it had the same effect as OMAD and frankly, I prefer OMAD.
    I have a lot going on that has left me unable to keep up on here lately. I will be around, promise, just waiting for things to even out.