New members

1131415161719»

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    Well Ann, we might be more active now that there's a Cranky Old Goat around....

Not super active, but super friendly. That's what I've noticed.

Except that taratoot fellow. He's a real weirdo.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    edited December 2022
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Well Ann, we might be more active now that there's a Cranky Old Goat around....

Not super active, but super friendly. That's what I've noticed.

Except that taratoot fellow. He's a real weirdo.

awwww . . . heal well, toot dude, 'mmK?

ETA: I'm eating the discount fog - wish I could send you some.

@CrankyOldGoat - apologies for the digression on your thread. Underlying message: We oldies here actually care about each other, even when the thread doesn't have lots of traffic. If the details of my comment above are opaque . . . well, you'll be a regular, and we'll rope you in, once you participate for a while.

Happy holidays, wishing everyone progress toward goals . . . and more important, maximum quality of life en route. Balance, FTW!
  • CrankyOldGoat
    CrankyOldGoat Posts: 17 Member
    AnnPT77

I love rowing as well - used to scull competitively in University; but always preferred ocean rowing in a dory - I row indoors still and have access to a Whitehall Rowing dory (beautiful vessel) on occasion. However my goofy mutt prefers the kayak, so that remains my main choice - it works well for the waters off Vancouver Island.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and sage words of wisdom and experience - always nice knowing others have accomplished the ‘healthier’ lifestyle transition as we get older.
  • mtaratoot
    Wait.... You swim off Vancouver Island? Five mm suit?

Wait... Your dog goes in the kayak with you?

I'd love to have a wherry. And a driftboat. And a whitewater dory. Alas - no room to sore or money to buy. If you don't count my raft, I have a single digit number of boats. Don't ask about paddles.

You do know how many boats one person needs, right?

Just ONE MORE.
  • bscribner16
    bscribner16 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi there. I am a 52 year old asthmatic. I have been physically active all my life and started running about 20 years ago. I started by alternating between running and walking. I did this long enough to run a 5K. After completing a 5 K, I set my eyes on a half marathon. I ran my first half marathon in 2009. After running a few half marathons, I set out a goal to run a full marathon. First Marathon was in 2011in Newport RI. After finishing it I put a goal to run the Boston Marathon once. I ran it in 2013 and 2014.

Now that I am 10 years older I have decided to keep my running to 6 miles or less.
  • bscribner16
    bscribner16 Posts: 8 Member
    Farback wrote: »
    We're not going to have to do the whole nekid selfie thing again are we?

LOL
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 135 Member
    Hey all
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,814 Member
    Rxman1971 wrote: »
    Hey all

Welcome aboard!!
  • mllama19
    mllama19 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi posts look old. Anyone still out there?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    mllama19 wrote: »

Yup.

The group isn't very active, but it would be good to get it going more. Some of the others are still around, too. It's a little hard to follow the group, the way notifications work.

I'm Ann, heading toward year 8 of weight maintenance, now age 68.

You look new. New to MFP? The Community? What goals are you working on, if any?
  • mtaratoot
    It's a little slow here, but that can change if more folks contribute. Welcome!
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 135 Member
    Here
  • UncleMac
    mllama19 wrote: »

Present!! ;)
  • trail070x
    trail070x Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all! Newbie here. Peri/menopause, meds that lead to insatiable bad carb cravings. I need to get my weight back down and maintain it.
  • UncleMac
    trail070x wrote: »
    Hi all! Newbie here. Peri/menopause, meds that lead to insatiable bad carb cravings. I need to get my weight back down and maintain it.

Welcome aboard!! What strategies are you employing to address the issue(s)? A goal without a plan is a wish...