Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Bodybuilding motivation friends

zika007zika007 Posts: 29Member Member Posts: 29Member Member
Hi everyone. Looking for some friends who struggle with motivation. I am a married mom of 3 and have been training bodybuilding style for 3 years. I don't compete and sometimes I find myself being stuck in a limbo. Got to a stage where I am afraid to slow down always worrying about loosing my "gains". I am one of the girls who is not afraid to get bulky yet my family don't agree. Anyone else with similar dilemma out there?

Replies

• Ironandwine69Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432Member Member Posts: 2,432Member Member
    I don't have that dilemma, but strong women are always welcome to my friend list.
  • infinite90007infinite90007 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Hi, I definitely struggle with that too. I'm really thin naturally and it's hard for me to even get "bulky" haha.
  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 8,258Member Member Posts: 8,258Member Member
    Hi, I definitely struggle with that too. I'm really thin naturally and it's hard for me to even get "bulky" haha.

Oh same here. Second bulk cycle and still not even close to bulky..I'm hoping some if this size I built will stay when I cut
  • Muscle_for_FitnessMuscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,182Member Member Posts: 2,182Member Member
    I'm a male and I struggle to bulk even. Take a week off and feel like I have lost everything.
  • liftorgohomeliftorgohome Posts: 21,514Member Member Posts: 21,514Member Member
    Bulking is always tough. You have to eat high protein meals like 4-6 times a day. I'm doing a cutting cycle now, then going to do a clean bulk later. Just gotta stick with it and keep watching the Pr's go up. I was so psyched that my incline bench went up by 30lbs. Good luck and stick with it!!
    tjkita wrote: »
    Bulking is always tough. You have to eat high protein meals like 4-6 times a day. I'm doing a cutting cycle now, then going to do a clean bulk later. Just gotta stick with it and keep watching the Pr's go up. I was so psyched that my incline bench went up by 30lbs. Good luck and stick with it!!

I actually eat less protein when I'm bulking vs cutting.
  • zika007zika007 Posts: 29Member Member Posts: 29Member Member
    I am not a skinny built bulking works to a certain degree with me. Suppose women can only get to a certain size when staying natural. I don't see myself as big but a lot of my friends and family think I'm getting too masculine. Don't know if I was suffering from body dysmorphia or just seriously addicted to lifting.
  • Muscle_for_FitnessMuscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,182Member Member Posts: 2,182Member Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

I actually eat the same amount whether bulking or cutting. Just add and subtract carbs from my diet to get to the right calories

I actually eat the same amount whether bulking or cutting. Just add and subtract carbs from my diet to get to the right calories

Yea I increase/decrease protein purely for satiety. Usually I stay around 1g per lb bodyweight.
    I'm a male and I struggle to bulk even. Take a week off and feel like I have lost everything.
    yeah it's not easy to hold on to all the good stuff that took ages to build. I loose fat in places where I wouldn't actually mind it too much and before I loose the buff belly I look ill
    zika007 wrote: »
    I am not a skinny built bulking works to a certain degree with me. Suppose women can only get to a certain size when staying natural. I don't see myself as big but a lot of my friends and family think I'm getting too masculine. Don't know if I was suffering from body dysmorphia or just seriously addicted to lifting.

I definitely have increased body dysmorphia since I started lifting, but actually in my case it's more "booty dysmorphia" :#
  • liftorgohomeliftorgohome Posts: 21,514Member Member Posts: 21,514Member Member
    You look good Zika and if you want to add more muscle on then to heck with what everyone else thinks. I do think that there is a point where you plateau naturally depending on age. However going to the dark side has several side effects for both men and women. Voice deepening, hair loss, skipped menstral cycles, etc.
  • Ironandwine69Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432Member Member Posts: 2,432Member Member

Me too. I increase my protein and lower carbs when cutting. And even %'s when I'm bulking. Fat remains the same.
  • leajas1leajas1 Posts: 823Member Member Posts: 823Member Member
    Hi - you just described me, except I've only got two kids. Nice to meet you!
  • ejsilviejsilvi Posts: 205Member Member Posts: 205Member Member
    Well being 45 it seems like the muscle doesn't stay on like it used too I did get up to 240 then got down to 220 - Stress is a killer - when I get really stressed out I lose my hunger then the muscle isn't far behind
    ejsilvi wrote: »
    Well being 45 it seems like the muscle doesn't stay on like it used too I did get up to 240 then got down to 220 - Stress is a killer - when I get really stressed out I lose my hunger then the muscle isn't far behind
    I am the same stress kills my appetite and I do suffer with it big time . Add some anxiety and my weight is dropping yet holding onto fat on stomach so not fair
  • leajas1leajas1 Posts: 823Member Member Posts: 823Member Member
    zika007 wrote: »

It's a mind *kitten* to be so excited about what we think are healthy and beautiful changes in our bodies and then have a loved one say something to mess with that. I've also had to question my thinking based on comments from others - is this commitment or an unhealthy obsession? I'm the only one of my friends and family who is into lifting and meal planning, so around them, it feels like an unhealthy obsession. But in places like this forum and Insta, I'm just one of many who value the same aesthetics and enjoy fitting things poptarts into my plan.
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Hi - you just described me, except I've only got two kids. Nice to meet you!
    nice to meet you too :)

• kaizakukaizaku Posts: 1,028Member Member Posts: 1,028Member Member
    Feel free to send request ☺
    You look good Zika and if you want to add more muscle on then to heck with what everyone else thinks. I do think that there is a point where you plateau naturally depending on age. However going to the dark side has several side effects for both men and women. Voice deepening, hair loss, skipped menstral cycles, etc.
    yeah dark side is always there to tempt us :o still men get away with it easier,