Is it possible to drop 5% body fat in 6 weeks?

13»

Replies

• eeejeep
    eeejeep Posts: 1 Member
    deezhd67 wrote: »
    Thank you all! It is what it is ;) and I will update at the end!

Just wondering how it's going so far?
  • deezhd67
    deezhd67 Posts: 19 Member
    So in the 1st week, I hurt my hip and I was unable to continue with the workouts. Thankfully, the gym offering the program, let me back out of the program and once healed, they let me change to private workout sessions/gym membership based on what I had paid for the program. I certainly didn't expect that option and figured I would just be out the money. So I am not able to give a report on the program. I do know, after reading all of the information and comments, that would not sign up again. Just the 1st week of food was a struggle. From what I have read, from other people in the program, they do lose weight and inches but none have hit the 6% body fat loss.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Daddy78230 wrote: »
    5% or 20 lbs in 6 weeks doesn't seem unhealthy. Assuming, which ever is met first. Recommended, healthy weight loss is 0.5 to 1.0% per week.

For a person with your stats, but with body fat to lose, 5% would be 7.35 lbs loss over 6 weeks, or 1.23 lbs per week.

20 lbs over 6 weeks is about 3.34 lbs per week, doable for a big person that's more than 334 lbs.

Thank you for your calculations, it helps. I was more interested in this promo for the fact that you get personal trainer to work with you, not so much for the weight loss. The body fat reduction is something i would like too, but not looking for the aggressive ways. I would be happy with 0.5 lbs a week, if it works out, and not too worried if not. So i guess, i will pass on it.

Thank you, everyone for your help to clarify this.

6 weeks personal training is a lot less than $500 so if that's what caught your eye, why not just get a personal trainer?