Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    happiest day of my life - vanilla coke zero finally available in Canada!!arpcfs1lwo7y.jpg
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    If only it was Black Cherry Vanilla... :)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Speaking of good low calorie bread that its actually thick sliced... I love this.
    They use pea hull fibre in the recipe and thats why it works.
    light_trans.png

Finally found this bread. then a few days later (before I could try it) they had a recall :P not on that specific one but I just couldn't eat it. Will try again later on.

FarmBoy now stocks this!!!

yes that is where i got it! and i went back to grab another loaf yesterday for my much anticipated pb and j sandwhich this morning (i figured saving bread calories means more pb calories).

i still get stupid upset weighing out the pb though. it barely covered even the small breat at 1.5tablespoons :P But the sandwhich was good none the less and fits into my daily calories so i can have it when the craving hits. this bread makes it easier on two fronts: smaller so less surface to cover meaning better pb to bread ratio and only 90 calories for two slices which is a steal.

will need to stuff it in the freezer though since i rarely eat bread (not worth the calories for me). though a 45 calorie toast may fit well with curry or chili.
  • Panini911
    Speaking of good low calorie bread that its actually thick sliced... I love this.
    They use pea hull fibre in the recipe and thats why it works.
    light_trans.png

Finally found this bread. then a few days later (before I could try it) they had a recall :P not on that specific one but I just couldn't eat it. Will try again later on.

FarmBoy now stocks this!!!

yes that is where i got it! and i went back to grab another loaf yesterday for my much anticipated pb and j sandwhich this morning (i figured saving bread calories means more pb calories).

i still get stupid upset weighing out the pb though. it barely covered even the small breat at 1.5tablespoons :P But the sandwhich was good none the less and fits into my daily calories so i can have it when the craving hits. this bread makes it easier on two fronts: smaller so less surface to cover meaning better pb to bread ratio and only 90 calories for two slices which is a steal.

will need to stuff it in the freezer though since i rarely eat bread (not worth the calories for me). though a 45 calorie toast may fit well with curry or chili.

PB2 instead of peanut butter.
    I always have two of these breads in my freezer. When I am done with one, I pick up another so there is always this in stock at my house :)

yes i have some and never use it so next step will be to try that. maybe try 1 tablespoon real PB and then add p2b and eventually test all p2b.
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Metro has goodnorth products on sale this week. Not as great a price as food basics sales but $4.99 is cheaper than halo top. Also looks like they have new flavours and bars now. Birthday cake, cookie dough and peanut butter chocolate. 👌🏻
  • crystallee85
    edited March 2019
    Update: goodnorth birthday cake bars taste like rainbow chip frosting/cake mix. Amazing!
  • Muscleflex79
    how is the goodnorth birthday cake ice cream and cookie dough ice cream ??
  • Panini911
    oh new good north ice cream! i haven't seen those (did see the bars but for 100 calories they didn't entice me). will keep my eyes open for the new ice creams though. Mind you, the breyers tastes better i find.

I am enjoying the betty bread. today i tried p2b in a sandwhich for the first time, with a smidge of real pb. it's not QUITE the same but still satisfies the craving for super low cals so i'll call it a win.
  • crystallee85
    how is the goodnorth birthday cake ice cream and cookie dough ice cream ??

Keep you posted on the ice cream. Only tried the bar so far. Didn’t buy the cookie dough....yet 😉
  • Panini911
    edited March 2019
    picked up coolway mocha brownie fudge today at wal-mart. took a bite to "test" and it was good! will do a full test later this week ;)

keeping my eyes open for Good North Choco PB

WalMart also had the Ben and Jerry's lower cal ice cream. i didn't buy it, it's still pretty high (but about half the cals VS the one i really love)
    https://www.benandjerrys.ca/en/flavours/moophoria
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    I don't understand the halo top thing, at least the halo top I've seen here. Chapman's frozen yogurt has comparable calories. Also Chapmans Dutch chocolate froyo is super chocatey haha
  • Muscleflex79
    anyone tried the other new cool way flavors - birthday cake? cookie dough? I haven't seen them in stores yet, but apparently they are out there.
  • Spadesheart
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I don't understand the halo top thing, at least the halo top I've seen here. Chapman's frozen yogurt has comparable calories. Also Chapmans Dutch chocolate froyo is super chocatey haha

My thoughts exactly. Those low calorie "ice creams" are very close to half their price quadruple their size offerings from Breyers or Chapmans. I especially love Chapmans cookies and cream and capuccino.
    100cal for 125ml / 70g.

Cappuccino_NEW_ENG_Main.png

The caramel pecan is surprisingly good too if you're willing to go to 110. Honestly they're all good. I need some sort of sweet in my house and these are my go to staple.
  • Panini911
    hmm i may try those. but i can't necessarily be trusted with a tub that big :P

the dark chocolate and chocolate bar looks pretty good for 90 cals.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    I found a box of SimplyProtein Bars at Costco. (~150 calories with ~15 g of protein, depending on flavour). They also have a good selection of SimplyProtein bars and chips at Bulk Barn. (They are expensive there, but I bought one of each to try different flavours before I order them from the website.)

Well.ca is a good place to buy these I have found. A case of 12 is $28.
  • Spadesheart
    hmm i may try those. but i can't necessarily be trusted with a tub that big :P

the dark chocolate and chocolate bar looks pretty good for 90 cals.

Go ahead, I dare you. You really can't do that much damage. The Dutch chocolate is 90 calories per half cup, at 2 L, that means the whole tub is only 1440 calories. Even if you had a real bad day and had a quarter of the tub, that's only 360 calories man.
  • Panini911
    the chocolate is decent yes. the pb is a bit high (some are up to 150). which, ok is less than my B&J favorite which is like 350-370/half a cup? :o

but it's a good reminder that frozen yogurt has good stats and to double check that section of the store.
  • Spadesheart
    the chocolate is decent yes. the pb is a bit high (some are up to 150). which, ok is less than my B&J favorite which is like 350-370/half a cup? :o

but it's a good reminder that frozen yogurt has good stats and to double check that section of the store.

Good good ice cream is an amazing treat, this is just how I get through the day haha

If you really wanted to deprive yourself, the big 4 L tubs of the ice milk often has stats as low as 70 calories a half cup. There's just too much compromise in the taste there for me though.

Once in a while, I love to have the full fat stuff.

Side note, if you don't have the control, don't get that peanut butter stuff, but seriously, that peanut butter froyo is legit. It's surprisingly fantastic.
  • Panini911
    edited March 2019

Good good ice cream is an amazing treat, this is just how I get through the day haha

If you really wanted to deprive yourself, the big 4 L tubs of the ice milk often has stats as low as 70 calories a half cup. There's just too much compromise in the taste there for me though.

Side note, if you don't have the control, don't get that peanut butter stuff, but seriously, that peanut butter froyo is legit. It's surprisingly fantastic.

this one?
    https://www.chapmans.ca/Products/FrozenYogurt/#CripsyPeanutButterCrunchFrozenY

it would need some sorta chocolate though. i need chocolate with my pb.

ETA: hang on it says chocolate chunks in there - will need to try.
  • Spadesheart

this one?
    https://www.chapmans.ca/Products/FrozenYogurt/#CripsyPeanutButterCrunchFrozenY

it would need some sorta chocolate though. i need chocolate with my pb.

ETA: hang on it says chocolate chunks in there - will need to try.

Yeah that's the one. It's been a while since I bought it, but of the cheap ice creams, it's definitely a favourite.