Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• meatsweats73
    meatsweats73 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2019
    Has anyone tried Cool Whey ice cream?

Do you mean Cool Way? The stuff at Wal Mart? I have and it's good. It's not great, but that's to be expected since it's not actually ice cream, it's a frozen dessert. I like the salted caramel.

Valu Mart carries Halo Top.

Edit: I just saw that I was responding to an old post. Alright then, enjoy your Cool Way and Halo Top.
  • meatsweats73
    meatsweats73 Posts: 5 Member
    Also they finally got Rotel in Canada, the difference they make is amazing.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Trying new things! i did taste them all (small bite)

not too sure about the raspeberry choco, may not get thru it. the pb and choxo is yummy. and i don’t mind the cool way mocha brownie fudge
    wyowg46qn8c8.jpeg
  • mbouchard1234
    mbouchard1234 Posts: 45 Member
    Deli world light rye bread is pretty good, and only about 130 calories for two slices.

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Deli world light rye bread is pretty good, and only about 130 calories for two slices.

That's actually extraordinarily good if true. Ontario?
  • Panini911
    edited April 2019
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »

not too sure about the raspeberry choco, may not get thru it. the pb and choxo is yummy. and i don’t mind the cool way mocha brownie fudge
    wyowg46qn8c8.jpeg

Thats what I mean about value for your buck. Why spend $5 for 500ml tub and still be 90-100cal range, when you can spend $4 for 2L tub and still get 90-100cal options?

but i want what i want (flavour wise). and i actually don`t want a full tub, i like to have my bit then get it out of the house. you can`t get THOSE kinds at those calories in the yogurts you listed. i don`t buy these often and it was a big random to have three in the house at once.

having said that, I DID look and did not find the frozen yogurts you listed with the better stats unless i get plain vanilla which i don`t want. Went to three stores and the selection of frozen yogurt was sad. will keep my eyes open for more options.

to each their own. i rather buy the flavour i prefer and smaller quantities as a treat VS best deal.
  • Liftingat58
    Liftingat58 Posts: 508 Member
    I've tried this one and it's yummy!

y8ubyp5kkhe1.png
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    I feel like this thread has become all about ice cream LOL.
  • Spadesheart

wyowg46qn8c8.jpeg

Thats what I mean about value for your buck. Why spend $5 for 500ml tub and still be 90-100cal range, when you can spend $4 for 2L tub and still get 90-100cal options?

but i want what i want (flavour wise). and i actually don`t want a full tub, i like to have my bit then get it out of the house. you can`t get THOSE kinds at those calories in the yogurts you listed. i don`t buy these often and it was a big random to have three in the house at once.

having said that, I DID look and did not find the frozen yogurts you listed with the better stats unless i get plain vanilla which i don`t want. Went to three stores and the selection of frozen yogurt was sad. will keep my eyes open for more options.

to each their own. i rather buy the flavour i prefer and smaller quantities as a treat VS best deal.

RCSS, NoFrills, Lablows they all have them all the time. Spend less to get more and excellent taste, why not? Scoop out the 500ml and throw the rest out, you are still saving money.

I will say though, as a person who has to eat a stupid amount of protein now, the extra protein content might be a viable reason, but that's a pretty specific case. It doesn't justify the cost for me, but I could see it for someone else.
  • Spadesheart
    I feel like this thread has become all about ice cream LOL.

Can't you see? There's a nuanced philosophical discussion about consumerism and advertising happening here! Hahaha

(A joke, but kind of true.)

Gotta say I'm team Chapman's all the way. Small, trendy pints have been taking advantage of us for too long. We want good cheap frozen dessert and we want it now!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member

wyowg46qn8c8.jpeg

RCSS, NoFrills, Lablows they all have them all the time. Spend less to get more and excellent taste, why not? Scoop out the 500ml and throw the rest out, you are still saving money.

I will say though, as a person who has to eat a stupid amount of protein now, the extra protein content might be a viable reason, but that's a pretty specific case. It doesn't justify the cost for me, but I could see it for someone else.

Scoop up a serving of your ice cream and let it soften. Scoop and mix in a serving of you protein powder. Place back in the freezer for a bit to set. there is your 200cal 30g protein ice cream.

this. or I actually mix greek yogurt with protein powder, add some chocolate chips, in the freezer for 30 minutes and you have a high protein snack for cheaper that tastes amazing!
  • Spadesheart

wyowg46qn8c8.jpeg

Scoop up a serving of your ice cream and let it soften. Scoop and mix in a serving of you protein powder. Place back in the freezer for a bit to set. there is your 200cal 30g protein ice cream.

this. or I actually mix greek yogurt with protein powder, add some chocolate chips, in the freezer for 30 minutes and you have a high protein snack for cheaper that tastes amazing!

Legit will do this actually.
  • Spadesheart

wyowg46qn8c8.jpeg

I have done this now. Actual pro move. I'm using a low fat high protein yogurt so it actually still has the same protein density per calorie, which is really important on this leg of the diet.

Thank you!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member

wyowg46qn8c8.jpeg

I have done this now. Actual pro move. I'm using a low fat high protein yogurt so it actually still has the same protein density per calorie, which is really important on this leg of the diet.

Thank you!

you're welcome! glad you enjoyed!
  • Spadesheart
    Irresistible, an in house Metro / Food Basics brand, has now low calorie "ice cream" similiar to Hato Top or Breyers offerings for a relatively cheap $3.99. Bought bday cake to try, very VERY good.

Volume?
  • Panini911
    PC now has a house brand low cal ice cream that is around that price. the pb choco chip isn't too bad. choco one is so-so i prefer breyers i think.
    Irresistible, an in house Metro / Food Basics brand, has now low calorie "ice cream" similiar to Hato Top or Breyers offerings for a relatively cheap $3.99. Bought bday cake to try, very VERY good.

Volume?

• Spadesheart
    PC now has a house brand low cal ice cream that is around that price. the pb choco chip isn't too bad. choco one is so-so i prefer breyers i think.

Volume?

But volume though, how much ice cream for 3.99?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Loblaws is carrying a whole milk dairy dessert. It's not bad I tried the double chocolate. It's like 90 calories for 125mL I think
  • Panini911
    edited May 2019
    Loblwas was like under 500ml. like 480 or something like that.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Loblaws is carrying a whole milk dairy dessert. It's not bad I tried the double chocolate. It's like 90 calories for 125mL I think

yeah that is the PC one i was talking about. it's ok but the breyers was better i think. Mind you my thing sorta half melted and refroze so i may need to give it another try.
  • Spadesheart
    Loblwas was like under 500ml. like 480 or something like that.
    AliNouveau wrote: »

yeah that is the PC one i was talking about. it's ok but the breyers was better i think. Mind you my thing sorta half melted and refroze so i may need to give it another try.

It's still just marketing to me then. Still better to get 2 L of Chapman's froyo with similar calories for 3.99. Sigh.