Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,948 Member Member Posts: 8,948 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Regarding the free buffet, yea good luck with getting in. People see "free" and "food" and its like an Armageddon.

I've heard people waiting between 2 and 6 hours in the past for this! Not worth the savings if you ask me!

Definitely not.
  • redcaseredcase Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    Did anyone try these yet? They aren't super new but my Fortino's just got them about a month ago.

yesitspizza-spinachpng.png
    redcase wrote: »
    Did anyone try these yet? They aren't super new but my Fortino's just got them about a month ago.

Yeap. For fake pizza is pretty good, but the calories arent that much off from their regular offerings. Try to find the cauliflower pizzas. Much better.
  • SueSueDioSueSueDio Member Posts: 4,796 Member Member Posts: 4,796 Member

Yeap. For fake pizza is pretty good, but the calories arent that much off from their regular offerings. Try to find the cauliflower pizzas. Much better.

Are the cauliflower ones gluten free? Not sure if any of my local stores stock those.
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Are the cauliflower ones gluten free? Not sure if any of my local stores stock those.

RCSS, Loblaws, Metro, Longos, Sobeys, Highland Farms all have it.
    I like Caulipower. https://eatcaulipower.ca/FindUs

Ohhhhhhhh you can also order online from https://naturamarket.ca/brands/califlour-foods.html
  • BattyKnitterBattyKnitter Member Posts: 503 Member Member Posts: 503 Member
    I don't know if this stuff has been mentioned already but it's really good! It's cottage cheese instead of cream cheese and 3 grams of protein per 25 calorie serving!

e081v4sv01ti.jpg
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 34,907 Member Member Posts: 34,907 Member
    It's the Mandarin, it's not worth lining up for ages to gorge yourself on terrible food. We once felt like bad Chinese food and walked by a Mandarin, the wait for a table was like 20 minutes, we kept walking ...then again I just hate lining up for things
    edited June 2019
  • Muscleflex79Muscleflex79 Member Posts: 1,874 Member Member Posts: 1,874 Member
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!nxf8dvb83sry.png
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!

I love it!

edited June 2019

Good to know! Thanks!

I saw the Caulipower pizzas at Costco, but I didn't want to buy three. The single boxes at Fortinos are so freakin' expensive.

• SpadesheartSpadesheart Member Posts: 427 Member Member Posts: 427 Member
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!nxf8dvb83sry.png

Does this stuff have a strong sweetener taste? I'm pretty used to the sucrolose flavour at this point, but if I could minimize that I would.
    Does this stuff have a strong sweetener taste? I'm pretty used to the sucrolose flavour at this point, but if I could minimize that I would.

I'd love to help you with that but I very rarely eat anything with actual sugar in it so I can't really compare. LOL
    It is very sweet, but I don't get that gross chemical taste from it.

• PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,271 Member Member Posts: 6,271 Member
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!

I love it!

good to know - I too purchased some in a variety pack and was hoping it wasn't 'just sweet' and that it actually tastes like 'birthday cake'...now I'm intrigued to getting to try it.

Curious, how do you 'all use yours??
    edited June 2019
  • shaynehartwell70shaynehartwell70 Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Kashi bars from Costco. 2 bars in each package 170 cal total.
  • Muscleflex79Muscleflex79 Member Posts: 1,874 Member Member Posts: 1,874 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I love it!

good to know - I too purchased some in a variety pack and was hoping it wasn't 'just sweet' and that it actually tastes like 'birthday cake'...now I'm intrigued to getting to try it.

I'm interested in this too - haven't cracked mine open yet, but wondering what people use it with/on?

I wondered that too when I bought it!

I put it in protein shakes, and actually it's yummy in coffee too, I bet it would be super good in a latte or something like that. :)

As of yesterday my Winners had Waffle Cone, Birthday Cake and Cookie Dough in stock, but not many. I had to dig. Actually I passed on the Cookie Dough in favour of Irish Cream based on just_Tomek's recommendation.

edited June 2019
    Protein shakes, cooking, coffee, yogurt nice cream, alcoholic drinks... etc.

I put it in protein shakes, and actually it's yummy in coffee too, I bet it would be super good in a latte or something like that. :)

As of yesterday my Winners had Waffle Cone, Birthday Cake and Cookie Dough in stock, but not many. I had to dig. Actually I passed on the Cookie Dough in favour of Irish Cream based on just_Tomek's recommendation.

Great call.
    And now with this hot weather, make cold brew or iced coffee and add that in.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,271 Member Member Posts: 6,271 Member

Great call.
    And now with this hot weather, make cold brew or iced coffee and add that in.

and to add to that...I find the 'cookie dough' just sweet...nothing to get excited over. I'm such a espresso/coffee person, that I'm glad to find out the BD cake one pairs nicely in a coffee drink.
  • dapunksdapunks Member Posts: 250 Member Member Posts: 250 Member
    I found the Skinny Syrup at Popeyes supplements in a store in Ottawa