WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Heather, My daughter tried to talk me into going to Greece with her, I wish I would have. I didn't think that was really fair to Jack not the he hasn't traveled the world, but I didn't know how good it would be to leave him alone that long. She loves it and has not at all minded being on her own. She said prices are still very reasonable there.

Janetr okc
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Read in spurts today mostly from phone so no notes to use.

Heather, I love the color of your car.

Joyce, so happy you have your new fur baby. I hope the two will soon become bff’s.

Janetr, beautiful pictures.

Kelly, great sandbox.

I made ham and bean soup today and it turned out good, as usual. Lol DH keeps buying these spiral cut hams and uses them for sandwiches. When all the spiral cut if finished I use the rest for soup weather winter or summer. Didn’t do much else today and now I’m off to bed.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you. And a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Pip – Sorry that you fell on your run. That seems to be a fairly secluded area; you need to have a running partner with you, you could get hurt badly and nobody to come along and help you. What sort of orchard is that on each side of the road? Other than being too bushy, they look like peach trees that have never been cut. Peach trees in South Georgia are easy to identify; because they look like they have had a ‘old 50’s butch/crew cut’.

Katla – Probably someone who got tired of the sea lion’s barking! Not that it is understandable; but, in a way I think I would want to ‘shut it up, too’.

Copy write infringements can be difficult to prove, if you don’t have something on them that is ‘dated’. Emailing your work back to yourself is one good way. I take time stamped pictures of my work and put it into my portfolio. I was on an online drawing site; and posted pictures I had drawn and we were NOT supposed to draw from them. HOWEVER, I reported someone that had posted a ‘copy’ of a deer I had posted … exact same pose. It was obvious when they were side-by-side. I got off the site after I made friends with another artist. Because she had had it done to her which made me very uncomfortable to post my work there.

Some artists do not think you can ‘copy write’ a feeling or thoughts or ideas. But, when you make your living as an artist and someone uses one of your pieces to be a lesson without permission; that is pretty bad. I can understand why she was so upset. But, it is when they take, a photo of your work and cut your name off it and maybe make a T-shirt with the drawing on it; and, try to sell it for a ‘profit’. An artist friend of mine had his work at the Mistletoe Market; and, someone came to his booth and asked why he did not have his T-shirts in his booth. She had bought one 2 aisles over. So he walked over there and then got the woman on the Board of the Mistletoe Market to make her take them out of the show, destroy all of the ones they had not sold and she ended up having to pay him a % of the sales she had already made. It can be a messy legality, for sure. His wife saw a painting on the side of a van and asked him ‘why’ that was not a copy write infringement; and, he told her that anybody who saw it would ‘know’ that it was just a bad imitation of a picture of his. Or if you take a picture and publish it in a magazine; you have to have the photographer’s permission to paint or draw the picture (unless you are doing it for yourself and not trying to make a profit from it).

Talking about blogging … my niece started a blog about their life in Littleton, CO and I have Windows and one day a heading popped up and I thought, ‘that sounds so familiar’ like Déjà vu; so I opened it up and it was my niece’s blog, which mean anybody who had Microsoft could have seen it. She had pictures of their home, pictures of their children, where they worked, what they did during the day, where the kids went to school, everything it would give some ‘pervert’ information about them. I called her up and asked her if she realized that it could be seen by anybody. She laughed and said, ‘oh, it can’t be; I followed my neighbor’s directions when I set it up’. Hey, sweetie; you are married to a computer programmer; I think I would ask him about it first, because I am sitting here looking at a house I have never been to and described it. She started laughing, thinking I was pranking her; but, then I started reading it back to her, she stopped laughing then. I had already talked to my sister and told her ‘how I had gotten to it’. She pulled it up and called her right after I did. It was ‘down’ the next day. I don’t do ‘online’ banking, nor do I pay my bills online; it is difficult to ‘prove’ something ‘if’ you don’t have a copy of it if there is a dispute. I guess I am ‘old’ enough and have always had a ‘paper trail’ and just cannot get past that. We always made copies of things in the attorneys’ office I worked for. When my boss became a Federal Magistrate one of my daily jobs was to ‘back up’ the computers in the office. I HATED it. Time consuming; but, ‘if’ I did not do it, I got a call the next morning about it. We all knew how to do it. It was a tower; and, you had to move the bottom one up to the top and then move all of them down a slot; by moving the bottom up to the top. There were about 20 or 25 tapes daily that I had to do this with.

I am just glad that I am 'retired' now; I don't know how I did it (other than being a lot younger) working, taking care of children and ferrying them back and forth to places, keeping house, and having 'any' time to myself.

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: I hope you enjoy your landscaping project. This is the time of year that I love gardening in my tiny patch of ground. :smiley:

Lenora: You are right. Most of us want the sea lions to shut up. They usually bark all night long & then sleep most of the day. I was shocked to hear the gunshot. I have no idea if they hit the sea lion or not, but it quit barking. That made the night quieter and sleeping easier. :yawn:

I had a nice riding lesson today & we went outside & rode in the fields. Arrow was a good boy & I even managed to open a gate, ride through, and close it again without getting off of the horse. Many people would take that for granted, but it was a triumph for Arrow and me. After I got home from the stable we finished setting up the watering system for our hanging plants and flowerbeds the way we like. It was a good day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Having dinner outside with my sister and her family. Great weather. Freshly caught black bass halbh7idavar.jpg
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! I am reading all the posts, but for some reason I am in a quiet mood and not a single thought to post is popping into my mind. I started some chair yoga, so perhaps my brain is simply relaxing for a while.

Leigh in France
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    I have gained a huge amount of weight in the past 10 days, since I had the surgery ... 4 kg in 10 days. In the old pound system, that's almost a pound a day!

I'm pretty sure this is just post-surgery water weight because I sure haven't eaten *that* much. But it is a little startling when I step on the scale.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning- a quick hello cloudy and chilly.but I'm at the cottage and I don't care..
  • janetr7476
    Machka you're right, just water weight from the surgery, It will come right back off. It is always an attention getter for sure. You are an amazing person :)

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Machka, the high weight after surgery startled me, too, but it went away.

:)Katla, I am so happy to hear that you got to ride outdoors in this glorious weather.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
  • pipcd34
    I fell on my run and my hip (think I fell on it) and it's great when we are again just one of them this time. I don't think I'll be able to run this morning I'll try walking but it's hurting my brother-in-law gave me some muscle relaxer
  • janetr7476
    Pip, so sorry. Hope no more damage from the fall other than just sore.

Janetr OKC