I want...

1606162636466»

Replies

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    I want to meet one of my favorite musicians, and he just suffered a stroke. So, what I really want is for him to heal, his family needs him.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Sometimes I wish I could just crawl outta love.

https://youtu.be/tKjhX_7Cdb0
  • Big_LittleMomma
    Big_LittleMomma Posts: 93 Member
    I want a weekend vacation where I just hang out in a hotel room the whole time.
  • SojournerThirteen
    SojournerThirteen Posts: 28,204 Member
    A much younger body
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I want the impossible. So I guess what I really want is for this all the be over
  • LifeIs420
    LifeIs420 Posts: 150 Member
    The new season of game of thrones with a large NY style meat lovers pizza with extra cheese and some wizzle
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    resolve
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Purpose
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    to be summer already
  • rockmartin50
    rockmartin50 Posts: 1,747 Member
    on a plane heading to Canada
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    To go back in time 1 week & see if things could be different than they are now
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    <3 A Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and french fries and a frosty
    <3 A million dollars
    <3 To be healthy (though this would be negated if I ate #1)

Very serious question. Do you plan on dipping the fries in the frosty?

Nope. the sandwich and fries are dinner, the frosty for dessert. I eat frosties like ice cream. Though I'm not going to eat Wendy's. It's better for my blood sugar and hips if I don't. It's Fiesta Chicken with veggies and brown rice for dinner later (woo! I live dangerously :D ).

On behalf of @_har_T_Swallow and myself, we'd like to thank you for being a civilized human being and eating your fries and frosty separately.

@caco_ethes Take notes.

Where's the Report Abuse button?

ETA: I would like to add that there are others who dig this combo. Sane, normal people. And also @lstrat115 @Vikka_V @LittleHearseDriver maybe even at least one more. Now don't you feel silly.

Hold up, you abuse my rhubard but you're dipping fries in icecream like a savage?

Et tu, Brute? :neutral:

And yeah. I'll abuse your 'rhubarb'

Bring it. My rhubarb is ready.

Mine is moist. Is it supposed to be moist?

Only if being prepped to go in a pie. Otherwise, no, it's been sat around too long. Throw it away.

I thought the only purpose of rhubarb is to put it in your pie.

Wrong, I grew up on a farm in rural South Dakota with a mom who nurtured a special liking for rhubarb. On the west side of our garage is where she kept her own private stash, a tightly planted row about 15 feet long. Mom would return from the yard with a bundle of ruby and green streaked stalks and proceed to make a variety of pies and bars, and of course, a simmering pan of Dad’s favorite rhubarb sauce.

Mom taught me how to dip the raw stalks, bracingly tart, in a little bowl of sugar, a special treat for anyone who helped out in the kitchen. Now with my own rhubarb plants, this is a tradition I have upheld with my own kids. Our youngest daughter is especially fond of this treat, always quick to pull up a stool at the counter and start dipping.

Growing up with rhubarb, I thought that MeeseeksAndDestroy was a thespian, but also I thought everyone knew about it—what it looked like and how it tasted. And I just presumed that every recipe box in the country included at least a few well-used recipe cards that glorified this humble plant, most likely in their grandmother’s handwriting.

But ever since I shared the first rhubarb recipe, just a few weeks after a farmgirl’s dabbles was born in 2010, I realized how wrong I was. So I’m here to talk rhubarb. Here’s my Rhubarb 101.

4hht2zio88mo.jpg

What is rhubarb?

Rhubarb is a hearty perennial, one of the first edible plants harvested each spring here in the Midwest. Most people, including myself, use rhubarb as if it were a fruit. But rhubarb is actually a vegetable that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. The stalks can vary in color, from pink to deep red, and often have a bright green streaking to them. And they contain all sorts of good-for-you things, like antioxidants, fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. The large leaves at the stalk’s tips, on the other hand, are poisonous if ingested. But don’t let that worry you—simply chop off the leaves and throw them away.

Weird that I was thinking about this today. Almost exactly 2 years ago.