How much caffeine do you drink?

Options
123457»

Replies

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I drink very very little caffeine. I had to stop because it was triggering panic attacks.

I have some decaf coffee once in a while, which of course does have a bit of caffeine in reality. Maybe a cup or two per month. I do like black tea, so I have a couple cups per week when the weather is cold. This is where most of my caffeine comes from.

And once in a rare while I will have a can of Diet Coke, usually if I'm at work and at risk of falling asleep. The caffeine jolt is INTENSE. That happens maybe five times a year.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    3 cups of coffee per day. 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I make a full pot of coffee every morning. My wife usually drinks one cup and I finish the pot before lunch. I sometimes have tea in the afternoon, but mostly stick to water - I almost never drink soft drinks any more (just don't like the taste of them - diet or otherwise).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Whatever tiny amount is in the brewing cocoa I drink. Caffeine doesn't play along with my migraines very well.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    too much.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Research indicates up to 6 cups a day reduces death from all causes.

Please post a reliable study. I find it hard to believe coffee reduces deaths from car accidents, animal attacks, etc.

Especially when the Mayo Clinic says up to 4 cups of coffee a day is safe for most healthy individuals.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678

@Packerjohn more and more car makers are putting the coffee cup warning light in the dash in an effort to reduce deaths from car accidents. Ask an truck driver about using coffee for safety reasons.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YbrFjfHxpMo

MC goes over why they turn on the Coffee Cup dash light. Ford has something similar when one drifts out of one's lane over and over.

@GaleHawkins I know a bunch of truckers. They don't want a fellow trucker who is keeping themselves awake by caffeine alone doing 75 MPH in the 80,000 pound rig next to them.

Who in their right mind would?
  • gperez8127
    gperez8127 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Two cups coffee s day
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    1200-1500 mg/day if I'm not in a restrictive cycle for tolerance dropping.

Roughly the amount in 12 cups of coffee.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Usually 1-3 diet sodas a day. Very rarely an iced coffee.