What were you doing that was holding back your weight loss?

13»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    What were you doing that was holding back your weight loss?

Moving house + dealing with illness or injury.

That combination has always lead to weight gain for me.

The moment things are settled and I'm feeling some better, I lose the weight. :) I eat less and exercise more. CI<CO.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I didn't care or even think about what I was eating. I indulged in anything I wanted, at anytime. I ate nutritious foods about 50% of the time but consistently over-ate. I ordered out way too much during the week and ate out way too much over the weekends. After I lost all of the weight and was way too skinny... skin and bones skinny... I started counting macro's instead of calories and I started lifting heavy weights daily. This really ramped up my health and fitness level!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2017
    I just wasn't committed. I looked in the mirror and thought to myself "I really need to lose some weight" but when it came down to it id rather just eat whatever I wanted and not worry about calories. At some point I just finally decided I was going to do it, so I am. I'm tired of not being happy with how I look.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    I was just drinking too much. Margaritas and such. Lots and lots of them. I miss them but I just can't afford the calories and still maintain my weight and fitness goals.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    After getting a total thyroidectomy I listened to conventional knowledge and accepted that I was doomed to gain weight. Once I learned the minimal impact thyroid really has on metabolism I simply watched how much I ate and logged in MFP.

Good things rarely happen listening to conventional wisdom.
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Wine.
  • Tropicoolblonde
    Tropicoolblonde Posts: 70 Member
    Beer.

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I gained weight back when I switched jobs. I did Insanity at my old job and hiked around campus. I needed to get active again.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited May 2017
    Not logging.

Post-pregnancy, I figured I could lose the baby weight by working out and "eating healthy". And I did, to a point. After the first pregnancy, I got down to 10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight then got pregnant again (but the loss had pretty much leveled off anyway). After the second pregnancy, I got "stuck" 20 pounds higher than that.

So, I went back to what worked for me back before I ever got pregnant (or even met my husband). Logging every calorie. I'm now 10 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight with about 10 pounds left to get back to my lightest ever adult weight (and the upper end of the "normal BMI" range).
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    A good nights sleep. Im living at my parents as moving away soon and I would wake in the spare bed feeling like someone had kicked me in the ribs. Pretty sure there are springs stabbing me. Weightloss has been steady but a bit slow even though Im losing what I should (over 200lbs so I do usually lose a kg a week even though Im only set for .5kg). Bought a memory foam topper for the bed and had a fantastic sleep. Lost a kg straight away! Im sticking to my calories etc but a decent sleep is so vital. At least in my case it is :)
  • Tewsy87
    Tewsy87 Posts: 55 Member
    I wasn't eating a balanced diet, even though I was eating lower calories! Veggies are your friend! Protein is your friend!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Not accurately weighing everything. Wasn't consistent. Ugh, spent 5 years not making progress despite working out. I'm obviously pretty thick (headed, not thicc tho that's the goal lol).
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited May 2017
    Not getting enough sleep. The better and longer I sleep (up to 8 hours) the better I'm able to control my appetite. Feeling tired just makes me crave food to keep my energy up. Now I go to bed at 9:30, lights out asleep at 10 and wake up ready for a 6am workout. Even on weekends.