! - The OMAD Adaption Pains Thread - !

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited July 2018
    @tuftedghostdeer You are going to have an adjustment period. This is a forever peoject. So, forgive yourself and march ahead!

@KatsNewYear You have some good points. It is an adjustment to eat a sufficient amount of calories in one sitting. Sometimes I need 2-3 hours to eat my meal, but it is still planned. No snacking.

Old habits die hard, your mind will play tricks on you. Could be an old friend that you snacked with in the past that triggers "hunger" or certain types of foods that instigate positive or negative memories.

• Continue_My_Dear
    Continue_My_Dear Posts: 200 Member
    I'M STARVING!!!! UGHHHHHH!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    I'M STARVING!!!! UGHHHHHH!

Your body is adjusting, you will be fine!

That brain of ours likes a routine. So, you are in a reboot phase.

:)
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    This is proving to be a tough week. This past weekend was a race weekend, so I allowed myself to have small lunches both race days (hard to eat the calories needed in one window, plus you need some readily accessible energy).

This week, I swear my body is in full on rebellion. The scale jumped back up (normal to begin with, but it's not dropping back), and the hunger has been HORRIBLE!

Sticking with it, and now I know to prepare myself for the upcoming body-battle post weekends at the track :neutral:
  • seanmcmanus71
    seanmcmanus71 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2018
    I’ve struggled Friday, a bit Sunday. It’s like I hit a wall. I’ve not done any of exercise more moderate then have BPM around 100-120. But on Friday it was like I hit a wall. Body felt stressed my heart rate ever came down below 80. Thankfully it was time to eat and it came down afterwards.
    I’ve come to acknowledge cravings,drink and get through them but this was something different.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Sometimes, when you're inundated with discomfort, it's best to go for some light exercise. It will push your body into having to fat-adapt itself.
  • EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't have to struggle with hunger pangs. I was doing IF, and narrowing my eating window gradually until OMAD was all I needed. I still get hungry from time to time, but nothing a cup of tea or coffee can't resolve. I'm over 150 lbs away from my goal weight, so being close to goal isn't always a factor in fewer hunger pangs.
  • arguablysamson
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't have to struggle with hunger pangs. I was doing IF, and narrowing my eating window gradually until OMAD was all I needed. I still get hungry from time to time, but nothing a cup of tea or coffee can't resolve. I'm over 150 lbs away from my goal weight, so being close to goal isn't always a factor in fewer hunger pangs.

Depends on the amount of insulin you make. Your body has obviously done well in switching over to burning fat.
  • restorhope
    restorhope Posts: 2 Member
    Well I just closed my 2-5 window. Want to share a very small victory. On my fourth day today. Hubby took out cookies after 5 and said you want some? Normally I just take it. BUT today I said no. I had just told him I was starting OMAD,. #1daydone
  • arguablysamson
    Way to go! Do that perpetually and you will totally succeed!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Once you get used to it, that NO will be sooooooooo easy!!! :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    You are doing great. The art of saying no is still something I have to master.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    2nd day of my 2nd week on OMAD. A little easier, but food is still all I think about. Been munching on small chunks of pink salt waiting for the want to eat to pass.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    2nd day of my 2nd week on OMAD. A little easier, but food is still all I think about. Been munching on small chunks of pink salt waiting for the want to eat to pass.

Hot tea does wonders :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome to the group! Start your own thread so we can follow you!
  • NedlySunshine
    NedlySunshine Posts: 46 Member
    Oh man...I'm so hungry..........my tummy is growling.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Oh man...I'm so hungry..........my tummy is growling.

Half of it is mental, and getting into the habit - distractions and hot tea are my go-to's for cravings...
  • arguablysamson
    Even hot water works. Try it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Even hot water works. Try it.

The master speaks :# (and also, as usual, he's right) I like mine w a lil lemon juice
  • arguablysamson
    I just had a bad fall in the shower. This made my daily juice fast actually difficult in some strange way. Wow! Now I am achy AND hungry!