Gym pet peeves

Options
13»

Replies

• CanuckCyclist
    CanuckCyclist Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Was working out at the gym yesterday and this dude was having a full blown conversation over the phone while working out. Not quiet, either. Dude. We’re here to train. Save it for later. Or at least keep the volume down.

Yeah that's an epidemic everywhere now! I had one girl next to me having a Facetime conversation and the whole gym was invited!
  • Roger15Z
    Roger15Z Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not putting weights back in correct order or at all, sweating all over equipment and leaving it, hogging machines, talking on or playing on your damn phone, not being courteous at all and the list goes on and on lol
  • MrSouthSide
    MrSouthSide Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when there is someone just chilling so close to a machine that I cannot use it. There is a lobby in my gym, use it if you aren't working out!

I usually ask those people if they're using that machine. Works like a charm, as they get the hint and move.

I don't think most people who do this are intentionally being rude, they're just not paying attention.
  • MrSouthSide
    MrSouthSide Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Others talking for 20 minutes while leaning on a station you're waiting for & still claiming they're using it.... Shhhh

Yeah. Ridiculous. Let other people work in.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Others talking for 20 minutes while leaning on a station you're waiting for & still claiming they're using it.... Shhhh

Yeah. Ridiculous. Let other people work in.

See? That is the problem with people! MOVE THEIR *kitten*! LOL!

That is, of course, after asking them if they are still using that machine. I always include the word "still" as that sends the right message. If they say, "No!" then I ask if I can work in! I do that as I am sitting down at the machine. That sends the right message, too! :-)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Jockamo319 wrote: »
    People that use more than one equipment at a time when the gym is busy. Or when they leave for 5 mins and say " I was using that" when they come back. Yeah no, I am now.

That's the one! Dibs is not a thing -- you're either on the equipment or off it

I find this one interesting. There are always two sides to every coin....sometimes there are hawks...guys standing around, just waiting for a machine to become available and you get up and five seconds later they are on it...and don't bother to ask if you are finished, they just try to take over (HA! that does not work out so well for them)...and then there are the guys (usually, but not exclusively) who go to the water fountain and talk to everyone in the gym along the path...in both directions!

Just be kind! That is all I suggest. Being kind to each other works so much better!
  • JMed29
    JMed29 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Not reracking the weights and texting in between sets