Sarah's OMAD Journal

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I would rather shop online but unfortunately clothing sizes are not all the same and I need to try on just about everything :/

I know right. Even in the same brand and sometimes even in the same style. When I was in San Diego I ordered 2 pairs of pants from Athleta, the same pants but in different colours. The grey pair is too tight and the black pair fits perfectly. SO ANNOYING!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2017
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I would rather shop online but unfortunately clothing sizes are not all the same and I need to try on just about everything :/

I know right. Even in the same brand and sometimes even in the same style. When I was in San Diego I ordered 2 pairs of pants from Athleta, the same pants but in different colours. The grey pair is too tight and the black pair fits perfectly. SO ANNOYING!

The seamstress must have cut off more material on one pair...I know this happens because I used to work at a clothing factory and it happened all the time :/
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2017
    I used to buy cheap clothes on ebay from china....with the delusion that XXXXXL would float around me........lol I was wrong.......now I dont shop for clothes anymore, I have just decided to wear what I have until I reach 85kg....a nice healthy number for me =)

Nice sizes your slipping into now days minigrl =)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll wrote: »

The seamstress must have cut off more material on one pair...I know this happens because I used to work at a clothing factory and it happened all the time :/

Interesting...
  • minigrrll
    I used to buy cheap clothes on ebay from china....with the delusion that XXXXXL would float around me........lol I was wrong.......now I dont shop for clothes anymore, I have just decided to wear what I have until I reach 85kg....a nice healthy number for me =)

Nice sizes your slipping into now days minigrl =)

Yeah, feels good. Though I just saw some pics from our retreat and wasn't happy at all! Ugh.
  • minigrrll
    Well, as usual I gained over the weekend. Totally expected as we ate out for all our meals this weekend and the majority of that food was a bit junky and super salty! 100% sure the gain is water and should be gone in a couple of days... This is the exact reason I weigh every day though. If I’d weighed only last Monday and then this Monday, I’d be freaking out that I’d gained a massive amount of weight over the week. Weighing daily allows me to filter out all that noise.

kiexet8fqeyw.jpeg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Water! I can gain 3-4lbs after a salty meal.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »

Me too!!!
  • minigrrll

Me too!!!

At least!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    same here
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Salt = bloat on my frame!
  • minigrrll
    Ugh, we went out for dinner AGAIN last night as it was Darcy’s birthday, so my weight is only very slowly dropping. Not that I’m really complaining too much as it did drop a bit and I did eat a lot! :)

Plus I’m in this for the long haul and the fact that every single meal since last Thursday has been at a restaurant and I didn’t go off the rails or quit my diet or anything is so cool.

Now that I think about it, we are also going out for dinner tonight...

It’s funny, now I’d way rather have my own home cooked meals. I rarely get disappointed then and I’ve had a few pretty average meals I’ve the past few days. I’ve definitely become a food snob doing OMAD!!

5k9qbiw0x6ka.jpeg
  • blambo61
    Very nice to be able to splurge a little and know how to handle it!
  • minigrrll
    Very nice to be able to splurge a little and know how to handle it!

It sure is! I know after a weekend like this on any of my old diets, I would have totally thrown in the towel and just kept eating. I also would have probably gained a fair bit of weight. I actually don’t think I ate much more than usual at my meals, but I did eat way more processed and salt laden food than my normal diet and I don’t think my body is overly happy with me!

• minigrrll
    edited November 2017
    So we are going out for dinner again tonight. We have to go to an awards ceremony at my stepdaughter’s school which doesn’t finish until after 8. She wants Chinese food. My first instinct was to eat at home before we left so I don’t have to deal with all that salt and msg. Then I thought about it and figured that doing that isn’t “normal”. It’s total diet mentality because I don’t want to see the scale stay the same or go up. So I’m going to suck it up and eat the salty food like a normal person and not worry about it! If the scale goes up tomorrow it’s not the end of the world!!!

Weight slowly going down:
    xadytfeb80w5.jpeg
  • minigrrll
    edited November 2017
    Well, I guess the Chinese food last night wasn’t too bad... At least I’m back under my trend line again!! Though my goal date is still moving off into the distance, rude... Goal date should correct itself in a few days though, just an artifact of the calculation lag... Eating at home tonight, woohoo, can’t wait!!!

k2f50v1cs2sq.jpeg
  • minigrrll
    Well, go figure, I finally dropped the water weight from the weekend and just edged under my lowest weight from last week... Took long enough, my body is a b1tch, ha!

quh6e7o1cobp.jpeg
  • blambo61
    that was a big drop!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Super!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    good stuff!!