Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Its a lot easier when Im home alone too because my honey likes to eat naught foods too much! I know how you feel, I surf on the internet a lot too but mostly on here with you all :)
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good job with the downward trend.

I just did a cupboard clean out so that I can't be tempted.

I have to leave a few snacks for kids and hubby but I should be okay as I've left the ones I don't really binge on.

I have a make-shift treadmill desk which I'm looking forward to getting back on.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Its a lot easier when Im home alone too because my honey likes to eat naught foods too much! I know how you feel, I surf on the internet a lot too but mostly on here with you all :)

Yup, that's my guy too! He actually fasted yesterday though - he made it until 4pm. Of course, then he ate a bag of chips that he picked up from a gas station on the way home, but nothing wrong with that really...
    jeanona wrote: »
    Good job with the downward trend.

I just did a cupboard clean out so that I can't be tempted.

I have to leave a few snacks for kids and hubby but I should be okay as I've left the ones I don't really binge on.

I have a make-shift treadmill desk which I'm looking forward to getting back on.

I'm kind of mean and we really don't have any snacks for anybody in the house! Let them eat apples, I say... Bwahahaahah...

I love my treadmill desk...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I think I'm back on track... REALLY want to see that trendline going down again!! I was actually a bit worried after last night's very large meal. I had 3 plums, a mandarin, cheese, an apple and then for dinner we had (Hello Fresh) Mexican beans and cheese and brown rice and sweet potato and red pepper. I had 2 bowls full, it was delicious!

w0m8rnxevea6.png
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Awesome, that meal didn't hurt you at all :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    That meal sounds amazing!
    And I think making yourself a goal to do something active before surfing is a great idea and motivator!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ya that did sound like a lot of food....you can handle it well! Sounds like you have renewed energy after our holiday break. Yay for breaks and renewed motivation.
    Ohhhh and the treadmill....thank you for the feedback. I do lubricate my belt pretty often. The belt is really snug. I think I'm going to get a second allen wrench to leave in place...always so dang hard to find the opening when I'm trying to hurry. I have see if the tmill is leveled...that's the only thing I've read about that could be making the belt drift from side to side...tiny bit but aggravating to jump off and adjust.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the downward trend!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Not going down today!

We went out for dinner 2 days in a row and had lots of salty food! Plus cocktails and wine...

My weight is up a pound or so today (can't post my chart because I'm on my phone at the mall getting a pedicure).

We had sushi last night and I had a lot of soy sauce!! I overate a bit too - I was feeling uncomfortably full afterwards... At least that fullness stopped me from wanting ice cream, which was my original plan. Actually kind of disappointed by that - I would have preferred the ice cream to the last plate of sushi... One day I will learn!!
  • jeanona
    Options
    I find that I am thinking longer and harder about exactly what I actually want to eat for my meal since I'm not getting any food until the next day.

I am hoping to form a habit with it. My son does it so well. If there isn't anything on the menu he likes, he'd rather skip eating altogether than eat something he's not especially keen on.

How is Hello Fresh? I've been tempted but haven't been persuaded to try it yet.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I love Hello Fresh. We only get it for 3 nights a week. Partly because that’s all you can get in vegetarian meals and partly because we usually have pizza on Friday nights and go out for at least one of the other nights. It has seriously changed my outlook on cooking and food. I actually enjoy cooking now because I don’t have to think about what to have or go and buy food. I think it has also saved us money because there is no waste. We like most of the meals - there was one meal last week that was pretty tasteless, but that is quite rare. We are having so much more variety now in what we eat and trying new stuff too. We also tried Marley Spoon for about a month but weren’t impressed. We found that the flavours were much more bland... I say go for it - there are always good deals on for the first couple of weeks. I can probably send you a free week if you’re interested - they are always sending me emails about gifting a free week to a friend that I never even open!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Quick check in for the weekend, I probably won’t be on here again until Monday. Weight down again and Trendweight finally has given me a goal date again. Granted it’s 2021! Ha! So rude... :)

mcoqb5ew195d.jpeg
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nice job getting right back on track. We're in the clear till Valentine's Day :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Nice work, You're 2 pounds less than last Saturday :)
  • jeanona
    Options
    I'm VERY sure you will lose those 15 pounds before 2021!!

Thanks for the info on Hello Fresh. The vegetarian option sounds very appealing as I'm always at a loss trying to think of meals to cook for my daughter who is vegan. I'll explore their website. Might take you up on that friend thing!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Been super busy the past few days. I re-organised my office (took almost 2 days, so many wires!).

I've now set up my bike on the smart trainer next to my treadmill desk, so I have zero excuses not to use it. I can even just swing my monitor over and use Zwift.

Before it was all set up in the shed and I had to go over there, find the music stand that someone else always stole, set up my extra laptop, etc. etc., basically it was just too much hassle.

I did a workout on Sunday and just did another one today, pretty excited about getting bike fit again. I do my HIIT on the bike - I have a custom workout based on FTP (functional threshold power) that I programmed into Zwift, so once my butt stops being sore from the saddle, I'll start that up again!

Here is me doing my cool-down (and getting passed by tons of people - that doesn't change whether I'm going all-out or cooling down - those people are very fast and very fit!!):

mhk55jzbtovo.png

My new setup (ignore sweat stains on treadmill please, I've tried to clean it but it doesn't clean easily!):

4kqggcqaqmap.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That looks like fun! I used to bike and use simulations like that also. I think it is fun!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    That looks like fun! I used to bike and use simulations like that also. I think it is fun!

It is pretty fun, definitely makes the time go faster. And motivating to try and catch up and pass people in front of you. Not that I am fit enough to do that much right now. It will come in time. Annoyed that I’m going away for 10 days on Thursday and won’t be able to keep it up (unless I go to the hotel gym, which has about a 0 percent chance of happening!).
  • minigrrll
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Just weighed and it’s not pretty! I think I might have to rein in the weekends (aka actually do omad rather than having a really long eating window...) at least until I get to goal. Otherwise it’s going to take a really long time. Though I write that and think, but who cares if it takes a really long time, I’m going to be doing this forever anyway... I guess I’ll just continue to play it by ear and see how it goes once I get back from the States at the beginning of Feb. At least Trendweight has moved my goal date to this year now, so that’s progress!!

dly1s133dpld.jpeg