Sarah's OMAD Journal

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    That gain wasn't too bad, though! You're doing well.
    Congrats on your goal being back to 2018! Mine says September, so I need to kick it into gear to shave off some of those months :D
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Keep watching the weight and you will figure out what to do!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Your set up looks great!

How long can you keep going on your treadmill desk? I've got a makeshift one and find that I can be on it only to do very light work (like surfing the net or reading emails). If I want to concentrate on cranking out an advice, I need to sit at my desk and not move.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Maybe you could try doing strict OMAD for a whole week just to see...I love the set up you have for working out, you can change things up everyday!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    jeanona wrote: »
    Your set up looks great!

How long can you keep going on your treadmill desk? I've got a makeshift one and find that I can be on it only to do very light work (like surfing the net or reading emails). If I want to concentrate on cranking out an advice, I need to sit at my desk and not move.

I mostly use the treadmill when I'm in meetings - so anywhere from 1-4 hours a day. Yeah, I can't do hard core thinking work when I'm walking. I have a chair that I put on top of it for the rest of the day.
  • minigrrll
    Maybe you could try doing strict OMAD for a whole week just to see...I love the set up you have for working out, you can change things up everyday!!! :)

I

I should really try that, yes... One day! :)
  • minigrrll
    Sitting in the lounge in LAX. Freezing here! Haven't eaten since last night Brisbane time - I'm at 33 hours and 18 mins. Not hungry at all really. The toast smells good, but not overwhelmingly so. Not going to eat until I get to the hotel in New Orleans at around 6pm CT tonight.

The flight attendants on the way over were pushy with food as usual... Trying to just get me to "just" eat a little fruit with yogurt, or a muffin, etc. I finally told them that I don't eat on planes because it makes me feel sick. Which is sort of true, it sure never makes me feel very good. No energy expenditure + lots of food = ugh... :) Will start fantasising about a giant room service salad and a glass on wine on my next flight!!
  • Brendalea69
    Do you have to pay for it, is that why they push food on people?
  • minigrrll
    No you don't have to pay for it (other than buying the ticket!). Dunno, they just like to see you eat I guess! I told the one girl that I don't eat on planes and she said "OMG I'd chew my own arm off"! Just so foreign to so many people to not eat, I guess...
  • minigrrll
    Once you don't eat though it seems a bit crazy how many times they come around with snacks considering you're just sitting there burning hardly any calories... And you can request snacks at any time too. And they leave stuff out for you to grab.
  • Brendalea69
    If I ever get the chance to be on a plane I'll just pretend I'm sleeping when they come around :D
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Oh definitely! We experienced it in our plane trips too.

We got fed and asked for food lots of times and when I said 'no' when they wanted to serve food late at night (after we already had dinner at the airport lounge), they were so surprised. Should have seen the look on their faces haha!

Thanks for the response on the treadmill desk. I start back at work on Monday so I'll see how long I can last with using the desk.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    I'll take a pic of my treadmill tomorrow and share. Beignets in New Orleans :p at least with OMAD you can enjoy em :) I got in the habit of bringing snacks on the plane so....that's not good. Haven't flown in almost a year. Good that you aren't just eating out of boredom. Good luck on your trip...you're a pro at traveling so I know you'll do great.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Sarah!!! You're doing so great! I'm totally behind you Oh weight loss twin of mine! I just want to get back down to 179 by the end of February! So proud of you and I've missed you!
  • minigrrll
    Sarah!!! You're doing so great! I'm totally behind you Oh weight loss twin of mine! I just want to get back down to 179 by the end of February! So proud of you and I've missed you!
    Awwww. I missed you too! Glad you are feeling better!! <3
  • minigrrll
    edited February 2018
    Well I’m back! What an exhausting trip.... Hardly got to see any of New Orleans, at least not in daylight hours. Our hotel was in the French quarter so we did go out every night after work. Saw a parade and live music on Frenchman Street. New Orleans isn’t a great city for vegetarians, though we did manage to go to 2 restaurants which were predominantly vegetarian, but the regular restaurants were harder. I had a fair few meals where I was disappointed, and I do like my one meal to be awesome! Didn’t have a beignet - totally not my kind of food - wasn’t even tempted! Did have my fair share of alcoholic Slurpees though. Quite partial to the sour apple one! Most of the others were much too sweet.

Didn’t eat on the plane, didn’t eat in the day. Started eating at dinner and most nights had booze and snacks until late. Got home on Sunday and did have both breakfast and dinner and a lot of junk in the afternoon. I’m blaming that on the jet lag!! Pretty much back to normal yesterday, though I didn’t walk on my treadmill or use my bike. I walked the dogs at least. Meal yesterday was too long and too large but I was hungry and tired.

Was going to wait to weigh until the end of the week but my curiosity got the better of me this morning. Not too bad, did gain a bit - 0.6 lb. I consider this maintaining, so I’m pretty happy!! Though really my last lowest weight was 164.1 which jumped up 2lbs to 166.1 right before I left, so maybe it’s really a 2 lb gain. Still, not the end of the world seeing as I used to gain between 5 and 7 lbs at these conferences before OMAD...

Now to get that trend line going down again and the rest of this weigh off by June when I turn 50...

7q37g84ej5hp.jpeg

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited February 2018
    WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! All those 160's numbers are CALLING TO ME!!!! SO JEAL! I'm hoping to be back down to 181 by the end of thise 72 hour fast and down to 170 by the end of Feb...at least then I'd be within 15 pounds of you! LOL - so much to go to catch up! Thanks for keepin' on in your inpiration for me, love!

EDIT: WHOOPS ^^^175*
  • minigrrll
    WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! All those 160's numbers are CALLING TO ME!!!! SO JEAL! I'm hoping to be back down to 181 by the end of thise 72 hour fast and down to 170 by the end of Feb...at least then I'd be within 15 pounds of you! LOL - so much to go to catch up! Thanks for keepin' on in your inpiration for me, love!
    Thanks! I was so close to the 150s though and then the holiday happened... Ugh. But I’m not really complaining! I can fit into most of my “skinny” clothes now, so all good!

l6l5c1fdi3m8.jpeg
  • minigrrll
    So I guess I wasn't as over my jet lag as I thought I was yesterday. I was super hungry - started eating at about 3:30pm. I ate way too much (mostly delicious bread and peanut butter) and then went to bed at about 6pm and slept for close to 10 hours (6 hours is about how much I usually manage)...

I feel pretty good today though. Walked on my treadmill for my meetings this morning, walked the dogs and just did 24 minutes on the bike. There are people in my company who are kicking my butt in our activity/step challenge which doesn't make me happy! I need to get moving and get into first place! :) Third place definitely isn't good enough.

v0i4rzr5tffv.png
  • Brendalea69
    Go Sarah you can beat them!!! :)