Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Go Sarah you can beat them!!! :)

I'm getting there!

5hgg3aks1bdh.png

I guess the exercise helped with my weight too, hopefully this is the start of it dropping again:

c0mlzfe71pmq.png

• jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome back from New Orleans and a good start with the treadmill and loss.

I’ve found that I can’t use the treadmill for anything other than leisure (and very light work). I need to sit at a desk for actual work do there goes my plan of walking many kms through the day!
  • minigrrll
    edited February 2018
    Options
    jeanona wrote: »
    Welcome back from New Orleans and a good start with the treadmill and loss.

I’ve found that I can’t use the treadmill for anything other than leisure (and very light work). I need to sit at a desk for actual work do there goes my plan of walking many kms through the day!

Thanks!

I'm "lucky" (in quotes because meetings aren't really my favourite thing!) because I spend a few hours in meetings every morning (in one now, clearly it's scintillating) and meetings are perfect for treadmill walking... Though sometimes I turn up the treadmill too high and start panting a bit when I'm talking - that's definitely not a good look!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Here's to hoping my weight is finally on a downward trend again...

I think I have to admit that I can't lose weight on OMAD if I'm eating to satiety unless I'm exercising.

My weight starting to creep up coincided almost exactly with the time Darcy had off work over the holidays and when we got REALLY lazy with exercise. Part of it was that it was too hot to go outside and part of if was pure holiday laziness! I even got lazy about using my treadmill when I was working.

This week I'm back doing what I was doing before the holidays, exercise-wise, and what do ya know, I'm losing weight again...

It's pretty obvious really, a few hundred calories used in exercise a day adds up over a week for sure. Doh!

Like yesterday my Garmin figures I expended 3022 calories over the whole day and there is no way I ate that much - even though I had Mexican plus ice cream.

I have to say though, my poor old arthritic hip is killing me from trying to keep up with the 20 somethings in my company with this activity thing... Don't care, need to be number 1 again!

2nqr04r67gf6.png

90unwm1jfrr7.png
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Way to maintain while traveling, not an easy thing to do!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    NICE work babe! I'm back on the physical activity train too! :) WOOT WOOT!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Way to go Sarah!!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job Sarah!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

Once again work has ramped up to a crazy stressful level and I haven't even had a chance to login here... Ugh. I also haven't weighed yet today, will try to get to that in the next couple of hours. Though I did make sure to take the dogs for their walk this morning, priorities! :) It has also got super hot and humid here, which sucks!

On a totally random note, here are a couple of pictures of a super cute little wallaby who came hopping into the beachside bar on South Stradbroke Island that we jet skiied to on Sunday:

jz7dzfcm3j8l.jpg

lr8hsor0gm4o.jpg

• blambo61
    Options
    That's cool!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    how cute!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Just beautiful <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    A WALLABEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! SO JEALOUS!!! Hope the OMAD isn't too tough for ya right now, love! Sending love, calmness, and peace!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    A WALLABEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! SO JEALOUS!!! Hope the OMAD isn't too tough for ya right now, love! Sending love, calmness, and peace!

It WAS tough on Sunday when we were at that bar. I had beer and a salad there and then it was most definitely a 2MAD! A planned 2MAD though, I know when we go out on the bay with these friends there is no way I'm getting away with not drinking and eating... It's just a fact!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

It WAS tough on Sunday when we were at that bar. I had beer and a salad there and then it was most definitely a 2MAD! A planned 2MAD though, I know when we go out on the bay with these friends there is no way I'm getting away with not drinking and eating... It's just a fact!

TRUE DAT - and ya know what? It's not going to derail you - the beauty of our beloved OMAD :-D
  • minigrrll
    Options
    For some reason I'm having a hard time getting back into the daily weighing habit. I know this is not a good thing for me... Part of the reason is that the upstairs of the house is as hot as hell right now and I never feel up to venturing up there until after I've eaten at night and there's no way I'm weighing then!

Anyway, today was probably a really bad day to remember to weigh, as it was Valentine's yesterday and we had wine and then Mexican food with alcoholic slurpees and churros and ice cream. Weight is up of course, didn't really need to see that...

On the bright side I am SO CLOSE to getting into first place in the activity tracker thing at work! Laura is only about 1000 average steps/day ahead of me...

yp2i2ys47wqz.png

58ymaac9sj9t.png
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    You're only up .2 from your Valentine's day, I was up 1.8 pounds from mine so you did good...Good luck getting into first place soon :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Put the scale downstairs!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Put the scale downstairs!

I know, I really should. But there isn't anywhere I want it downstairs. I just need to suck it up - hopefully the weather will start cooling down soon...