Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    way to go, Chris!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Chris - you weigh exactly the same as me! :D<3 Good feeling, eh! I haven't been this weight since 1990. :o
    I want to drop down to 137. That's mainly because I found out I'm an inch shorter than I thought I was. :'( Therefore my BMI was 24 instead of in the 23s. I want to get back to the 23s. I'm happy not to drop much below that because of bone protection. I am 67, so bone health is important.

Lots of love, Heather UK, where the temps are much more bearable. :)

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    pyanko7 wrote: »
    qrybs1440rj2.jpgMy irises growing in the front yard.
    akkf41knd3fb.jpgThe Canada 150 tulips developed specifically for Canada celebrating its 150th birthday this year.

Love the Tulips

Dana I use some birdcages to keep the rabbits off. I have one on some broccoli and one on a rose bush. The one in the picture is more decorative. I got it at Target last year. I do have lobelia in it. If they could get it they would probably eat it too. I found the birdcages at Goodwill. I also look for them at garage sales. I got the idea to use them on a garden tour I went on a few years ago.I painted one green so it blends right into the landscape. The larger one on the rose bush is brown and it also blends in to. I left one white just for fun. I was getting so tired of rabbits eating my plants. I have many things high now too or behind chicken wire. I have to use chicken wire for my morning glories or then lop them off at the bottom just when they are ready to bloom.

:heart: Margaret
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP Happy Anniversary!

Katla ~ My son is having problems with his HOA also. They want him to dig up all the sod in his yard and replace it. They said that he has two kinds of grass and that's not allowed. They are young and have tried to hard to get grass to grow. It's sad that the HOA is such a police about every little thing.

My siblings and I are really upset! My mom passed away the day before Christmas this year. Her sister had not seen nor talked to her in 4 yrs. When Mama passed, I messaged her sister's daughter and my brother called the sister. The sister has written us all letters stating that she was never told my mom passed away. She also started saying she had loaned my mom a couple of thousand dollars years ago and she wanted to be paid back. She sent the identical letter to all of us and to the pastor of the church that we all grew up in and where mom was buried. So sad! They had a love/hate relationship. As many of you have said, funerals bring out the worst in people.

Carol in GA
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Paula: Love the flowers!

Marci: Sounds like you have set yourself a great plan!

Carol: You are definitely right about deaths bringing out the worst in people. My grandmother died in 1985, leaving each of her three children part of the property that had belonged to the family farm. My father's older brother sold his parcels almost immediately and used the money to travel for a year with his wife. Twenty years later, my father sold part of his inheritance to the local government for a park. Of course real estate in the area had risen considerably in the interval. Shortly afterwards, my father died. A couple of years after that, my uncle wrote to me charging that my father had used undue influence with my grandmother to get a larger share and that it was unfair that my siblings and I were now millionaires and his children had nothing. The language in the letter was shocking, especially given that my uncle was a minister. I thought about it overnight and then wrote back that it was a shame he had not taken the matter up with my father while my father was still alive, that I was a millionaire only in his head (and perhaps my dreams), and that had he held on to his property, he would have had something to leave to his children. I then told him that I loved him and was happy to continue corresponding with him, but that I was unwilling to listen to any more of his outrageous accusations against my father. That was sadly the last I ever heard from him.

Heather: I can definitely relate to the warm weather. It is setting records for this time of the year here in France as well. I really feel for my sons in Paris where it is 98°F today, with no air conditioning. It is 93°F here. That is way too hot for my taste. When we first arrived in France years ago, there were a few days with high temperatures each summer, but now the hot spells are more frequent and longer. If it continues in this way, we might have to look into getting a small air conditioner for the bedroom. The weather service has promised slightly cooler weather starting tomorrow. I hope they are right.

Leigh in France
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    PIP Happy Anniversary!

My siblings and I are really upset! My mom passed away the day before Christmas this year. Her sister had not seen nor talked to her in 4 yrs. When Mama passed, I messaged her sister's daughter and my brother called the sister. The sister has written us all letters stating that she was never told my mom passed away. She also started saying she had loaned my mom a couple of thousand dollars years ago and she wanted to be paid back. She sent the identical letter to all of us and to the pastor of the church that we all grew up in and where mom was buried. So sad! They had a love/hate relationship. As many of you have said, funerals bring out the worst in people.

Carol in GA

Carol - what a mess with your mom's sister - I would run this by the attorney who is handling your mom's estate.

If the estate has been settled, then she's out of luck and probably would have been anyhow just coming in and saying she loaned your mom money.... unless it's documented somehow I don't think she has a leg to stand on.

I'm not sure about state law where you live, but generally, the estate should have gone to probate, something published in the paper of legal record saying file a claim if owned money by such and such a date.

I certainly doubt you and your siblings need to "pony up" any $$ she claims she is owned - but again, that attorney would know the law.

In the meantime, I am so sorry it is causing turmoil for all of you. She sounds like a "piece of work." :#

Lanette
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DJ: It sounds like there is a nasty problem with the Windows "upgrade". Did you report it to Microsoft? :huh:

Barbie: Your active life always impresses me. I'm getting ready to start knitting a new baby blanket for DS & DDIL. It looks like their new baby boy will be a Christmas baby. :heart:

Chris in MA: Congratulations on reaching your new goal!!! :star: Maintaining for the summer is an excellent plan. :flowerforyou: For those of us who have had weight issues, maintenance is the big key to staying healthy. That is why I'm still here after reaching my goal some time ago. If I go back to the old lifestyle I will most certainly get the old results. :noway:

Pip: I love the wedding photos. Kirby looks like he is in heaven and you are lovely. :smiley:

Carol: I am so sorry your mom's sister is making a fuss over things that cause the rest of you additional grief after your loss. She sounds more than a bit unbalanced. I would be inclined to ignore her monetary demands. You are lucky to have siblings to share the burden of your loss at this time. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

I'm looking forward to yoga this morning. The day will start to get hotter soon after yoga is over, and I plan to seek out ways to stay cool. No riding this weekend due to expected high temperatures. Yesterday we took the dog out to meet Arrow, which was pretty much a non-event as the dog was not interested. He found a piece of trimmed hoof on the ground, however, and was delighted to chew on it. DH wouldn't let him eat it.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    500824ms6eoy3c9b.gif
  • klanders30
    Options
    Hey Cheri! What'sup??
    NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    Options
    Welcom Earnie! to a great group of supportive women. Log in every day and check in with us, it works!
    NYKAREN
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

Quick check in before I head to work and I just am bursting to share my latest accomplishment... I have managed to reach the 130's! 139.8 to be exact. I have not been at this weight since I was in my 30's, and sadly I was lead to believe that I was overweight which began my battle of yo-yo dieting and the gain of almost 60 lbs. and years of unhappiness. That is all behind me now and I'm looking ahead.

I achieved my original goal of 150 December 2015, gained about 9 lbs. in 2016 and recommitted in January 2017 with a new goal of 145. When I hit that I set a new goal of below 140 by the summer and by golly I actually achieved it! I lost 19 lbs. since the beginning of this year. My current goal is to maintain for the summer and then we'll see how I feel in the fall.

Thank you everyone for all the love and support you have given me!

Love and hugs to everyone!

Chris in MA

That's so encouraging, Chris!

I can relate to what you are saying. If only I were at my high school weight, when many of my "friends" claimed I was so overweight (because I was over 100 pounds!). :open_mouth: I wonder how many of us have distorted views of ourselves and poor relationships with food and our bodies because of the ridiculous weight and body expectations of the 70s. Because I don't have girls, I don't know if these expectations still exist. I imagine they must to some degree.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Made it through the day yesterday without eating dinner (had already reached by calorie goal). My husband was a little snippy about it, but he got over it. I sat at the table and drank water! Lol He doesn't believe in skipping a meal, no matter what. He may have some blood sugar issues which make it more difficult for him, but as long as I can look at my log and see that I've eaten enough calories for the day, I can let food go. That's the beauty of logging -- eating doesn't become so emotional but more logical.

Did an aerobic "dance" class at the gym last night. It was fun. A little crazy. But it was nice to do something different. I may try to attend once a week just to mix up the cardio.

My husband took our bikes in for a post-move tune up, and we got them back last night, so the three of us (my husband, my youngest, and I) went for a short, easy bike ride after they ate dinner last night. It was really enjoyable, so I'm hoping we have many more rides this summer.

My teenager went back to Kansas last week to see friends but also to participate in a 24-hour film race. His team's film won the Student Spotlight Award (out of 15 student teams). If you have six minutes to spare today, you might enjoy watching it. My son is the tall blonde "thug." Their film is called "Suited for Delivery."

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CnHQcsaakWs&feature=youtu.be

I hope everyone has a great day today.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Gardeners have finished. They put new wood around our fruit bushes raised bed. Those bushes just keep on giving! I've put some arugula in there as well for now, but we are going to double up on our bushes - it's so easy. Going to buy another rhubarb as well. Our herb bed is now complete as well.
    I went off to get a new battery put in my watch and left DH to supervise. Big mistake! I don't think they've put seed down over the bare patches of earth. :* They said they would roll it as well. I haven't paid yet, so that's fine. :D
    I bought lots of (expensive) fish and veg and came back to find DH up a ladder cutting down the wysteria. There must be something competitive going on with him and the bronzed young hunks. :laugh: Testosterone central!

Now I'm applying myself to choosing a colour for the hall, stairs and landing when we have it done in October. I'm using the Dulux website which shows different room scenarios and you can click the paint colour. Fun! Not sure DH is totally behind the pink (more grey with a hint) , but I hope he will get used to the idea.

I'm cooking one of my delicious chilli con carnes for dinner. The smell is fabulous. I add dried chillis which have a liquorice flavour. They have to be rehydrated. Makes all the difference. :D

Love from Heather UK, who is very happy to have her watch working again. :D xxxxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Leigh gorgeous roses.

Leigh and Carol it is sad how families get hurt by disputes. I know I will never be close to my older brother because of his behavior when we had to sell my mom's house and other actions he did.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options