WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did a Real Fitness DVD. This wasn't very intense, but that's one of the things that you should change up -- frequency, intensity, time and type. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Classic Firm DVD

Alison - what a lovely person you are. Beyond all this, you're still caring for Tom's aunt. And suggesting that he be there. A lot of women wouldn't even be bothered mentioning it to him. I'm so sorry for your loss

Patsy - so happy the injections are working!

Tere - happy anniversary

Made a lasagna for us to have tomorrow and another one for Jess to take back with her.

Becca - when I was helping Jess train the service dog, we couldn't let the dog walk in front of us. What we would do is have treats in our hand (on the side that you want the dog to be). If the dog walked in front of us or to the side, we had to stop. when the dog walked nicely by our side, he was rewarded with a treat

Yea Beth!

katla - I'm so sorry that happened to you. Why in the world would she be teaching her son to tow a trailer in a parking lot of cars? I remember when Vince was teaching the kids to drive (not tow a trailer) he took them to an EMPTY parking lot. At least you won't have to pay for a rental car.

Today was so nice and warm I would have loved to go in the pool. But Vince takes so long to do things, he doesn't plan. Lately, it seems I need to help him so that things get done. So I need to plan (make sure I have the meat marinated, the house clean, etc, etc) That is, unless it's something that HE wants done. You won't believe how long it took to get my ant done. I'm proud of him. I think the "antenna" give him character.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 10.55min. 137mhr, 16.1mph, 2.9mi = 97c
    apple watch- 80c
    Plyometrics exercises- 25.17min, 3ets of 10each, squats w/jump, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, push-ups, hamstring leglifts, crunches, sit-ups, reverse bicycles, leg lift, all 4's elbow to knee- 126mhr = 130c
    apple watch- 142c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 1hr 2min 3sec, 12.8amph, 154mhr, 14.1mi = 551c
    apple watch- 523c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.02min, 9.47min mi, 133ahr, 147mhr, .5mi = 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.31min, 9.45min mi, 153mhr, .4mi = 64c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.01min, 9.8amph, 138ahr, 161mhr, 2.6mi = 187c
    apple watch- 153c

total cal 1093
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    469367makfzcur9b.gif Stats for today:
    *17,000 steps
    *190 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *91 minutes riding the exercise bike
    *35 minutes spreading bark mulch in the front yard
    *taught the two hour beginner line dance class
    *no nap today

yoga-exercise-smiley-emoticon.gif my meditation is up to 7 minutes right after breakfast and before walking the dogs.
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Allie - so sorry for your loss.

Busy day and I'm tired now. Have a few things left to do, then off to bed.

Hugs ladies. take care of yourselves.

Paula Y
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    I am so honored to know that I have a friend like Alie that can be gong through all she is with a dead beat husband right now, cheating on her and bare.y a.lowin there enough to live on. Yet when his aunt is dyin, she makes sure she is able to spend some time with her before she dies. Allie, you are a treasure, a fighter and am pleased to know you. You are a pure example of what a woman should be. You care for people, it doesn't matter whose side they are on. They are humans and deserve caring about.

I am looking at the most wonderful sunset right now. Well it's kind of the end. We have had a lot of rain and I don't know what it did to the atmosphere, but I love this sunset.

Pip, your dog looks unhappy today.

Joyce, Indiana

nope, just tired :0)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    do5kohxu5syg.jpg

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Lisa – I read your post twice and both times I was wondering … what was she doing on the floor to have that view? LOL!!!!!

Mia – No fault divorces in many states is to really give women (especially abused women) a way to get ‘out of a marriage’ without having to put anything other than the ‘marriage is irretrievable broke’. I would not want Allie to do anything that might anger TomCat; because you never know what someone will do in a ‘fit of rage’. She just needs to protect her interest and get as much as possible out of him, what is fair and just. The fact that he is seeing another woman will help when the 2 attorneys are trying to come to a ‘settlement’ that both of them can walk away feeling like they got a ‘good deal’ and ‘not like they were dubbed or forced into a settlement agreement’. Quite often one or the other of the parties do NOT want their ‘dirty linens’ out there in public (although everything in a divorce action is public record, unless for some reason the Judge decides to ‘seal it’. As for me, I hope she gets ‘what she wants’ and even that ‘she forces him’ to ‘liquidate all property’ and split the proceeds. Then Allie would have money that she could find a place to live that might not be such a drain on her money. I agree that she needs to listen to her attorney’s advice and stay strong and make sure she has a strong evidence that might mean that TomCat gets more reasonable to settle, so that both of them can move on. Allie, you do what you have to in order to get the best settlement and it isn’t necessary to be all B****** about it.

Allie – Sorry for your loss, you seem to have had a good relationship with TomCat’s family.

Dana – Out of 4 little blueberry bushes we had, 3 of them are coming back (after a ‘controlled fire got out of control) when they were over on the other side setting the back burn. I haven’t gone out to check them yet. Might get my sorry butt out there tomorrow AM.

One of Jenn’s relatives have blueberry bushes that are ‘trees’. I’m surprised we have not been invited to come up and pick as many as we want. Got Strawberries and blueberries at the grocery store the other day 2 for 1. I always go for the BOGO things, if we use them.

Katla – Surprisingly, my frame to my Honda has not been bent even though my first wreck when I turned left in front of someone and besides being hit, I also hit a utility pole. I got a check from my insurance company that was for ‘value lost’ in car.

JoyceAllie has a ‘big heart’ and she hasn’t deserved to have it ‘tromped’ on like TomCat has. She will come out of this ‘on top’ and with ‘pride to carry her into a new beginning’.

Lenora
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Good evening all,

I cleaned most of the house today and did 3 loads of wash and I pooped!
    Day 2 - no nap! I've been trying to stay awake all day

Lanette i got so chewed up by mosquitoes I may not go back out there to pick anymore blueberries! DH didn't get any bites. I hope he will go back out and pick. They are so delicious!

Heather The blueberry bushes are about 6-7 feet tall. I'll prune them back this fall. We get so much rain here they grow fast and the berries are plump and juicy!

Katla I can believe someone would teach their son how to tow a trailer in a full parking lot! That's just stupid!! I'm glad your car didn't get too badly damaged though.

I sat on the floor today in the back bedroom and started to stretch. I haven't done that for a year. My DD who's the yoga instructor has been encouraging me to get more exercise. She says I use excuse after excuse. Maybe, but unless you have had back surgery and fusion you just don't know what I had to go thru to get thru the day sometimes! It's up and down. So I guess I have a " I'll show you!" attitude right now. Maybe that's DD's way to get me moving.
    I agreed to have a FaceTime Yoga lesson with her tomorrow morning. So, I got to get up and be ready to go!!

Funny thing, when I was laying on the floor and Dolly comes in and stands right over my head. I looked up at her belly. Crazy dog. I guess she was guarding me? I had to coax her away so I could get up!

Becca Dog walking is a chore at our house. DH gets dragged down the road with Dolly! She walks him! We have a harness (our 4th) that connects in front and has a martingale. The harder she pulls, the tighter it gets. She can't back out of this one either. She is very strong and weighs 70 lbs.

Well, have a good weekend!

Dana in Arkansas

Dolly dragging DH up the hill:
    488bcbej7t9d.jpg

Our thunderstorm that passed thru this evening:
    cayps0vsz8j2.png
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Dana, looking at your radar map with interest. I have a niece in Jonesboro Arkansas.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    OK folks, I've just given in and treated myself go an Instant Pot Duo 7. :o I certainly don't need one, but I've been wanting one for months and months, ever since I bought one for my son last year. I have decided I have room for it in the utility room. ;) I'm having fun researching recipes. :D Is it Karen who makes her yoghurt in it? Do you use individual pots or the actual liner? Do you boil your yoghurt. Some people don't, it appears. :o

Got to wait for it to arrive now. :#

Heather UK xxxxxxx

Yay! I was wondering how long it would take you to buy an Instant Pot! I use the yogurt function per directions on the pot, "boil" the milk (actually just heats it to 180 F or 82 C), remove the pot and let it cool to 120F or 49 C, remove the skin, ladle some of the hot milk into my starter, add the starter to the hot liquid, and then put it back into the Instant Pot, adjusting the time to 10 hours. Then I use giant coffee filters to strain the whey in the refrigerator and voila! the most delicious Greek yogurt imaginable. You could do it in jars or containers if you wanted, but since I prefer it really thick, I don't bother with the containers because I'm just going to pour it out to strain it anyway. Have fun! It won't be any better than the yogurt you already make, Heather, but it is fun.

Karen in VIrginia
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2017
    lhscapil wrote: »
    OK folks, I've just given in and treated myself go an Instant Pot Duo 7. :o I certainly don't need one, but I've been wanting one for months and months, ever since I bought one for my son last year. I have decided I have room for it in the utility room. ;) I'm having fun researching recipes. :D Is it Karen who makes her yoghurt in it? Do you use individual pots or the actual liner? Do you boil your yoghurt. Some people don't, it appears. :o

Heather UK xxxxxxx

My Instant Pot is still in the box! Got it for Christmas....Karen, I've been wondering too...where did you get your starter? At a health food store? Do you use new every batch or just stir in a bit of the old batch? I haven't made yogurt in decades. Love the idea of using whole milk and/or half and half!

Lanette
    SW WA State

Lanette, OMG get that thing out of the box and start playing with it! I use my own yogurt plus some probiotics like a capsule of Align or Florastor as a starter. You can use any good quality store bought yogurt for starter, like Stonyfield or Fage. I find that the extra probiotics helps with the process, ensuring a nice texture and flavor, plus it's so good for you. I use whole milk or half and half (preferably) for a nice full fat yogurt that is delicious and creamy. I eat it plain or with berries. No sugar.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Katla49 wrote: »
    While I was in yoga today I was summoned out of class because somebody hit my car in the parking lot. The driver was a 16 year old kid with a learner's permit. His mom was teaching him to tow a horse trailer through the parking lot of the athletic center, and he did not make his turn wide enough. He did a lot of damage to the front bumper of my car. My car is still drivable & we both have the same insurance agent. Their policy will pay for everything, including a rental car for me while mine is getting worked on. If I was teaching my kid to tow a trailer, I'd practice in an empty parking lot with cones set out, not a full parking lot with lots of cars. :grumble: At least no person was hurt AND we don't have to pay for their mistake. I hope the car's value isn't compromised. The frame was not damaged.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Katla I'd be grumbling, too. Hopefully a bumper replacement will be all that is necessary. I guess the kid will understand why he needs practice to properly tow a horse trailer.

Allie I would be so tempted to set Tom's phone to forward all messages from kissy poo to my attorney. (((Hugs))) Sorry for your loss re: Tom's aunt.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Oh you all are just the best~Love you all so very much...yes you all know me very well...I am very upset about how things are going with Tom and I.. but will hold my head high and ,fight for what I want...but not be a total B.
    I love most of Tom's family and they love me.. His brother's not so much, but aunts and uncles and cousins.. are the best..2 of the cousins who where down with Aunt Mary know about Tom and I, and needless to say are ticked off at him and are siding with me.. but I also told them he is there cousin and family..
    No I don't deserve the way Tom is treating me, and I would think if he wants to be with Elana so much he would want to get the show on the road...
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Morning :) Had to cancel my plans to help out DOS today due to tornado warnings all along my drive route. No use taking chances when I can pick another weekend.

So with found time, I will go to gym to workout then clean and declutter for the rest of this very rainy day :p

Stay safe everyone, NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »

Heather UK xxxxxxx

My Instant Pot is still in the box! Got it for Christmas....Karen, I've been wondering too...where did you get your starter? At a health food store? Do you use new every batch or just stir in a bit of the old batch? I haven't made yogurt in decades. Love the idea of using whole milk and/or half and half!

Lanette
    SW WA State

Lanette, OMG get that thing out of the box and start playing with it! I use my own yogurt plus some probiotics like a capsule of Align or Florastor as a starter. You can use any good quality store bought yogurt for starter, like Stonyfield or Fage. I find that the extra probiotics helps with the process, ensuring a nice texture and flavor, plus it's so good for you. I use whole milk or half and half (preferably) for a nice full fat yogurt that is delicious and creamy. I eat it plain or with berries. No sugar.

Karen in Virginia

Karen -- Well crap, my instant pot is an older version without the yogurt setting. BUT I am still inspired - I have plenty of seed germination mats around here that keep an even heat about 110 degrees so may give it a try with that.

Heather - how are you making your yogurt right now? Do you have a little yogurt maker of some type?

I read on some websites that a person isn't supposed to use ultra-pasteurized milk. Thoughts on this? Anyone ever use raw milk?

Thanks,

Lanette
    SW WA State