Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 1

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2018
    Got my water with me sitting next to my husband who is eating fried catfish, cole slaw, green beans and hush puppies. It looks and smells good but I am not even tempted.

I was sitting beside my son who was eating a foot long sub and it was one of my favorites and then my husband was eating the left over beef stew fom last night and I was very very very tempted but I just sat there drinking my water!!!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Brenda you're amazing!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You are such an inspiration! I admire your stick-to-it-ness and amazing ability to do what must be done. Setting a goal and exceeding it. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks girls <3
  • Brendalea69
    I used to water fast with no problems but now my body is saying NO because when I do it I can't sleep and I am getting really dizzy and weak the next day. So no more for me!!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I am so sorry you got sick, too! How are you feeling now?
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I broke my fast at 8:15 this morning with my chocolate kale shake. My fast ended up being 59 hours.
  • Brendalea69
    I've was in so much pain since Friday night and I think it was a kidney stone so I drank lots and lots of water over the weekend along with food and today the pain is gone :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Glad you are feeling better! AND OMG 122 wow what an inspiration you are!!! Totally amazing!
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks Donna <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I've had one kidney stone. It was NOT good. I couldn't even talk. Wish you the best and congrats on 122!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    RIght on! I am so happy for you!
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks everyone <3
  • Brendalea69
    Today is the first day of my new plan which will be...OMAD for 5 days and TMAD(Two or Three Meals A Day) for 2 days and some of those meals will be LC :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Ooooh — sounds interesting! Looking forward to reading about how you do on your new plan.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hope your new plan goes well!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow! 122 - that's amazing!!!! Woohoo!!!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2018
    I broke my fast at 8:15 this morning with my chocolate kale shake. My fast ended up being 59 hours.

How did you feel?

I'm considering One meal a day, every other day - for a kick start of sorts, once I'm settled into the lifestyle. This would be easy for me to accomplish on keto, because hunger is just not an issue. It is more about eating to supply nutrients.

Another alternative: Have changed religions and we are supposed to fast before worship (I'm a newbie and still learning). The acceptance and insistence upon fasting was actually an attraction! So, I'm considering a weekly 24 hour water fast worship day to really clean my system and clear the mind.

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Today is the first day of my new plan which will be...OMAD for 5 days and TMAD(Two or Three Meals A Day) for 2 days and some of those meals will be LC :)

You are killing it, congrats!

I'm just astonished at your REAL LIFE before and after pictures!

You have definitely been an inspiration to regain my college body and energy level again!