Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    On the bright side, this way I get to announce their presence to the rest of the department and thus be a REALLY big jerk!! :)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    annaskiski wrote: »
    I brought in Panera bagels for my team this morning. As they entered the conference room for our team meeting, I enthusiastically encouraged each of them to take a bagel.
    I'm such a jerk.

Side note: Only 2 out of 11 accepted and the rest went to the kitchen to go for grabs. I was not offended by the 9 people who refused a bagel. I guess bagel culture is not as strong as cake culture.

You should have fired them.

Nah, I'll just shake them into submission.

And, getting to the important issue, you should have threatened them with this...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4892552/Man-freed-firefighters-sticking-penis-weight.html
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I am so not clicking that link.

Good choice. Headline says enough and we give no money to the Daily Fail.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I brought in Panera bagels for my team this morning. As they entered the conference room for our team meeting, I enthusiastically encouraged each of them to take a bagel.
    I'm such a jerk.

Side note: Only 2 out of 11 accepted and the rest went to the kitchen to go for grabs. I was not offended by the 9 people who refused a bagel. I guess bagel culture is not as strong as cake culture.

And, getting to the important issue, you should have threatened them with this...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4892552/Man-freed-firefighters-sticking-penis-weight.html

Hahahahahaha. I took one for the team and clicked (not just cause I'm a perv). I hope there was no one else in the gym at the time. I also hope he finds a more suitable place to stick the wee man in future. Poor firefighters, although it gives them an entertaining story.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I'm such a jerk.

Bad journalism - they state how much the plate was, 2.5k, but not the weight of the bar

Without the pieces in front of me, I can't be certain, but it doesn't appear to be a 2" oly plate, so I'm guessing it was a smaller bar.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm such a jerk.

Bagel culture is strong in my office. Most of the time when food is brought in, it's bagels and coffee and it usually goes pretty quickly.

And I love bagels, so I usually make room for one.

When I worked in a university back in the 80's, we either got danish or bagels. I preferred the bagels even though the danish were exceptional as danish go.

My boss sometimes sprung for a platter of both.
This discussion has been closed.