Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    b1fnrsoy632c.jpg

Stop teasing us, yogurt is soooooooo good! I totally had one this morning. I get so much joy from thinking about, discussing, and looking at pics of yogurt!!!!

What aspect of yogurt do you wish to discuss? I keep meaning to try making it myself.

Yoghurt culture!! Defs try making your own. I did for awhile, but then a low fat Greek yoghurt came out here that was exactly the same, less fuss, and not that much more expensive. It seems to have gone up in price when they rebranded it a couple of months ago though (from Greek yoghurt to Protein +, cos obviously appealing to a particular market). I'm considering buying a second yoghurt maker and starting to make my own again (I go through so much that a single batch, once the whey is drained off, only lasts a couple of days, and I don't want to be making yoghurt every few days).

Yoghurt culture. :lol: I hope that was an intended pun! :naughty::lol::naughty:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    b1fnrsoy632c.jpg

Stop teasing us, yogurt is soooooooo good! I totally had one this morning. I get so much joy from thinking about, discussing, and looking at pics of yogurt!!!!

What aspect of yogurt do you wish to discuss? I keep meaning to try making it myself.

Yoghurt culture!! Defs try making your own. I did for awhile, but then a low fat Greek yoghurt came out here that was exactly the same, less fuss, and not that much more expensive. It seems to have gone up in price when they rebranded it a couple of months ago though (from Greek yoghurt to Protein +, cos obviously appealing to a particular market). I'm considering buying a second yoghurt maker and starting to make my own again (I go through so much that a single batch, once the whey is drained off, only lasts a couple of days, and I don't want to be making yoghurt every few days).

Yoghurt culture. :lol: I hope that was an intended pun! :naughty::lol::naughty:

Yep, quite deliberate.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is the September is too *kitten* early for pumpkin spice anything.

All the Christmas chocolate was out at the supermarket on Monday. I took an incredulous photo. We haven't even had Halloween yet people!

Well if you're Canadian, Thanksgiving is coming up very soon. And pumpkin pie. My best friend made one especially for me last year because she wasn't hosting anything as she usually does (and hasn't for three years while she retrained as a midwife, I'm not too bitter about it). So I can let the pumpkin spice slide.

We don't have Thanksgiving, and Halloween isn't big here, so ALL the Christmas stuff went up in shops this week. I can now go buy a Christmas tree, fruit mince pies, plum puddings, tinsel, decorations, dancing f'ing reindeer... IT'S MID-SEPTEMBER!!!!

Ugh.

Halloween isn't big here either which I guess is why they whack out the Christmas stuff early. There will be mince pies and puddings etc too, I just didn't stop to look.

And I should have clarified, I'm not Canadian, my friend is and she lives here in the UK!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Snipped the other picture for space.
    But Easter provides for some of the most delightful cake fails and just plain horrifying cakes. I quite like this one, but they are endless:

bgegs1airmfg.jpg

That poor Easter bunny looks like he's trying to poop one of his eggs out.

I was wondering which culture celebrates with an Easter Donkey. :D

I think it's maybe supposed to be a lamb with giant teeth wearing bunny ears.

Which doesn't answer the real question, why oh why.
  • VintageFeline
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Snipped the other picture for space.
    But Easter provides for some of the most delightful cake fails and just plain horrifying cakes. I quite like this one, but they are endless:

bgegs1airmfg.jpg

That poor Easter bunny looks like he's trying to poop one of his eggs out.

I was wondering which culture celebrates with an Easter Donkey. :D

I think it's maybe supposed to be a lamb with giant teeth wearing bunny ears.

Which doesn't answer the real question, why oh why.

Totes a lamb with bunny ears.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited September 2017
    annaskiski wrote: »
    b1fnrsoy632c.jpg

I like adding a little protein powder to greek yogurt to make it even thicker. YUM! don't need ice cream..

I put a half scoop of cookies and cream protein powder in my fat free Greek yougurt, delish! I will have to snap a pic of it tomorrow morning, along with a partially eaten Quest bar, a bowl of maple and brown sugar oatmeal, and a steaming cup of black coffee!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    b1fnrsoy632c.jpg

I like adding a little protein powder to greek yogurt to make it even thicker. YUM! don't need ice cream..

I put a half scoop of cookies and cream protein powder in my fat free Greek yougurt, delish! I will have to snap a pic of it tomorrow morning, along with a partially eaten Quest bar, a bowl of maple and brown sugar oatmeal, and a steaming cup of black coffee!

THAT IT, NOW I'M CALLING YOGURT CULTURE. THIS IS CAUSING ALL THE OBESITIES!!!

Yogurt culture? I see what you did there...
  • VintageFeline
    b1fnrsoy632c.jpg

Oh you double sweeten your oatmeal do you? My my.

I am also on board with oatmeal culture. Nearly every morning here, porridge when it's cooler, which let's face it, in the UK can be most of the year; and overnight oats when it's warmer. I'm missing my mango coconut milk overnight oats. Might make them anyway. In yo' face crap climate!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Here's a disturbing Easter veggie snack, should one try to change cake culture:

k5uv5bwkt4a4.jpg

I am weirdly drawn to that bunny.....

That said, the fact I would eat just about everything in this thread so far would indicate my "nope" food threshold is low. I'm not saying I'd like it all but I'd give it a go.

But not subterranean, because marzipan.

Hrumpf.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Marzipan is disgusting. No idea how people actually eat it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    edited September 2017
    earlnabby wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

k5uv5bwkt4a4.jpg

That said, the fact I would eat just about everything in this thread so far would indicate my "nope" food threshold is low. I'm not saying I'd like it all but I'd give it a go.

Hrumpf.

What is wrong with marzipan? I make a bunch of these every holiday season:
    am9mujl72hq5.jpg

When I was little, I was home sick and watched a daytime movie about a woman who poisoned her grandchildren with marzipan. I have never, ever been able to eat it.

Found it - 1989 movie/TV series called "Mother Love"
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »

Because it is almonds, sugar, and egg whites. Nothing disgusting about that.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

k5uv5bwkt4a4.jpg

Hrumpf.

What is wrong with marzipan? I make a bunch of these every holiday season:
    am9mujl72hq5.jpg

When I was little, I was home sick and watched a daytime movie about a woman who poisoned her grandchildren with marzipan. I have never, ever been able to eat it.

LOL. That is a good reason.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »

Because it is almonds, sugar, and egg whites. Nothing disgusting about that.

Yeah, see I like all those things, but in combination, ick, yuck, no. But, give me Dutch almond ring (the paste filling of which is ground almonds, sugar, egg and lemon) and I'm totally there. Weird, I know.

Your marzipan fruit is very pretty though!
This discussion has been closed.