Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Volume Eaters Thread

1107108109111113

Replies

  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Hello!!
    How are you All?
    I did a quick search in this forum prior to asking a question that I thought might've already been answered, but I only found a few posts regarding my current topic of interest, ....so I hope it is okay for me to go ahead and ask!! (:

    Do any of you have a recipe or recipe ideas incorporating kelp noodles?
    I've made cold "salads" before (and not very creative ones, might I ask), but I would really appreciate any tried-and-approved ideas you all might have to offer!!

    Thank you ♡

    I don't know about your experiences regarding Kelp Noodles....I thought they were great until my body needed to digest them...not a good thing for me....

    Oh man..I am sorry. Digestive discomfort is....uncomfortable!!
    I admire how you recognize your body's cues as to what it "likes" and "dislikes". I think that's very important in learning how to respect and nourish your body adequately.
    Thank you for being kind to share your own experience.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,005Member Member Posts: 8,005Member Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Hello!!
    How are you All?
    I did a quick search in this forum prior to asking a question that I thought might've already been answered, but I only found a few posts regarding my current topic of interest, ....so I hope it is okay for me to go ahead and ask!! (:

    Do any of you have a recipe or recipe ideas incorporating kelp noodles?
    I've made cold "salads" before (and not very creative ones, might I ask), but I would really appreciate any tried-and-approved ideas you all might have to offer!!

    Thank you ♡

    Curries.
    Stir fries.
    Basically............ anything Asian. Any recipe that uses noodles, use these.
  • redcaseredcase Posts: 67Member Member Posts: 67Member Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Do any of you have a recipe or recipe ideas incorporating kelp noodles?

    I just add them to my lunch salads. Sorry, that's not very creative.

  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Hello!!
    How are you All?
    I did a quick search in this forum prior to asking a question that I thought might've already been answered, but I only found a few posts regarding my current topic of interest, ....so I hope it is okay for me to go ahead and ask!! (:

    Do any of you have a recipe or recipe ideas incorporating kelp noodles?
    I've made cold "salads" before (and not very creative ones, might I ask), but I would really appreciate any tried-and-approved ideas you all might have to offer!!

    Thank you ♡

    Curries.
    Stir fries.
    Basically............ anything Asian. Any recipe that uses noodles, use these.

    Thank you very much!!
    From what I've gathered in this forum, you are a culinary artist!!
    I was under the impression that kelp noodles can't really be cooked or exposed to heat. So, is that false?
    Or, is there a type of curry or stir-fry that I don't know about that is not cooked? :D
  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    redcase wrote: »
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Do any of you have a recipe or recipe ideas incorporating kelp noodles?

    I just add them to my lunch salads. Sorry, that's not very creative.

    No - thank you very much for your ideas!! May I bother you some more and ask what all you include in your kelp noodle salads?

    I really apologize - I know I can easily look this all up on Pinterest or sites of the like, which I have, but it's really nice to just speak directly to people and see what they're tried and have or have not liked.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,005Member Member Posts: 8,005Member Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Hello!!
    How are you All?
    I did a quick search in this forum prior to asking a question that I thought might've already been answered, but I only found a few posts regarding my current topic of interest, ....so I hope it is okay for me to go ahead and ask!! (:

    Do any of you have a recipe or recipe ideas incorporating kelp noodles?
    I've made cold "salads" before (and not very creative ones, might I ask), but I would really appreciate any tried-and-approved ideas you all might have to offer!!

    Thank you ♡

    Curries.
    Stir fries.
    Basically............ anything Asian. Any recipe that uses noodles, use these.

    Thank you very much!!
    From what I've gathered in this forum, you are a culinary artist!!
    I was under the impression that kelp noodles can't really be cooked or exposed to heat. So, is that false?
    Or, is there a type of curry or stir-fry that I don't know about that is not cooked? :D

    You dont cook them in the curries or stir fry. Simple prep them as per direction, usually just rinse under hot water, and then add to whatever you are making just before serving to heat up.

    And..... no I am definitely not.
    edited January 8
  • redcaseredcase Posts: 67Member Member Posts: 67Member Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    No - thank you very much for your ideas!! May I bother you some more and ask what all you include in your kelp noodle salads?

    Sure, I'm not sure it would appeal to most people but I'm happy to share! My lunch salad today is some baby romaine, avocado, maple bacon tempeh, some lentils, and kelp noodles (I cut them up), with sesame thai dressing.

  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,005Member Member Posts: 8,005Member Member
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

    xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 5,345Member Member Posts: 5,345Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

    xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

    What brand of beancurd noodles do you purchase?...It does look yummy
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 4,444Member Member Posts: 4,444Member Member
    Looks good!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,005Member Member Posts: 8,005Member Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

    xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

    What brand of beancurd noodles do you purchase?...It does look yummy

    This is what I bought from T&T, the brown bag. Its in the same section as all the other tofu. 300g package and they clock in at 300cal for package and give you 42g protein. Taste great cold (as is) or in a stirfry, like I did.

    chinese-tofu-noodles.jpg


  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 5,345Member Member Posts: 5,345Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

    xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

    What brand of beancurd noodles do you purchase?...It does look yummy

    This is what I bought from T&T, the brown bag. Its in the same section as all the other tofu. 300g package and they clock in at 300cal for package and give you 42g protein. Taste great cold (as is) or in a stirfry, like I did.

    chinese-tofu-noodles.jpg


    Perfect...I'll be getting to T & T within the next few days...also need to stock up on Shirataki noodles🙂
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,005Member Member Posts: 8,005Member Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

    xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

    What brand of beancurd noodles do you purchase?...It does look yummy

    This is what I bought from T&T, the brown bag. Its in the same section as all the other tofu. 300g package and they clock in at 300cal for package and give you 42g protein. Taste great cold (as is) or in a stirfry, like I did.

    chinese-tofu-noodles.jpg


    Perfect...I'll be getting to T & T within the next few days...also need to stock up on Shirataki noodles🙂

    Do you have this available??? https://www.instacart.ca/store/t-t/storefront
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 5,345Member Member Posts: 5,345Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

    xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

    What brand of beancurd noodles do you purchase?...It does look yummy

    This is what I bought from T&T, the brown bag. Its in the same section as all the other tofu. 300g package and they clock in at 300cal for package and give you 42g protein. Taste great cold (as is) or in a stirfry, like I did.

    chinese-tofu-noodles.jpg


    Perfect...I'll be getting to T & T within the next few days...also need to stock up on Shirataki noodles🙂

    Do you have this available??? https://www.instacart.ca/store/t-t/storefront

    I do, however T & T is not one of the stores available to me 😐

    Thanks though
  • moogie_fitmoogie_fit Posts: 249Member, Premium Member Posts: 249Member, Premium Member
    Bump: recently I've been eating whole cooked cabbages baked in my oven for liek 2 hours and also been loving the radish baked life and using tomato juice rather than a sauce to cook veggies in
  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    Bump: recently I've been eating whole cooked cabbages baked in my oven for liek 2 hours and also been loving the radish baked life and using tomato juice rather than a sauce to cook veggies in

    Thank you for sharing (and "bump"ing!! It's been a bit quiet around here lately. (: )
    Can I ask you a bit of a personal question - by first emphasizing that I do NOT expect you to answer it, or respond at all!! I don't want to overstep my boundaries?:

    My question for you is regarding your cabbage consumption (or really any volume vegetable consumption):
    ....Do you feel "bloated" or overly full when you eat large portions of vegetables?
    Does it vary depending on its state (cooked versus raw)?

    Thank you, again. And that gratitude remains whether you answer those pesky questions or not!! (:
    edited February 5
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 5,345Member Member Posts: 5,345Member Member
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    Bump: recently I've been eating whole cooked cabbages baked in my oven for liek 2 hours and also been loving the radish baked life and using tomato juice rather than a sauce to cook veggies in

    I've been doing the same - I bought a huge Napa Cabbage the other day (cost $2); cut the whole thing up along with a yellow onion and roasted it with a little spray of coconut oil and some seasoning...yummy stuff!

    Also, I've been crushing on red cabbage too for the last few weeks...

    My love for roasted/steamed cauliflower never seems to wane...mind you I'm like that with most all my favorite veggies (daikon/mushrooms/broccoli/kale/swiss chard/mustard chard/spinach....I could go on and on...)
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 914Member Member Posts: 914Member Member
    I was just coming here to ask questions about volume eaters but I'll browse through all the pages first. :) It interests me because I've always been a binge-er and wonder if this type of eating would fulfill the need to binge a little better instead? I love different veggies although can easily get green-salad overload, digestive-related and taste-related. But I love me some roasted veggies, especially during the winter. I've been doing a lot of carrots/brussel sprouts/sweet potatoes/onion roasted veggies but some of those are a bit heavier on sugar/carbs than other veggies so would like to switch, Any suggestions? Thanks!!
    ETA: And maybe a little more info about protein fluff? :)
    edited February 5
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 4,444Member Member Posts: 4,444Member Member
    I don't really think of sweet potatoes as a veg, but as a starchy side like potatoes (of course both of those are veg, just starchy ones, but they fulfill a different part of the meal for me). That doesn't mean I wouldn't include them in a mix of roasted veg (I do all the time), but if I used potatoes or sweet potatoes it would be in lieu of some other starchy carb at the meal (unless I was using beans/lentils as my protein, of course), and so there would be no reason for me to bother with the fact potatoes and sweet potatoes have more cals than non starchy veg.

    I personally would not concern myself with the carbs (or sugar! but then I eat lots of fruit) in carrots or brussels unless on a super low carb diet, and brussels in particular I adore this time of year and consider very healthful. (One reason I decided keto was unsustainable for me is that I'd go over based on only non starchy veg and having to worry about the amount and type of non starchy veg I consumed seemed ridiculous to me.) That said, for an alternative, they are related to cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower. A carrot alternative might be parsnips, but I'm not sure how they compare cal-wise, since both are low enough that I've never focused on it beyond logging them.

    One veg that comes to mind that doesn't have many carbs (other than plenty of greens that cook well) are zucchini, which always seems easily available this time of year, but I tend to sautee it (often with mushrooms) rather than roasting.

    I love radishes raw, but they are also good roasted and low cal (never checked the carbs, but low cals mean low carbs). Root veg discussed here or in the produce thread recently include turnips, rutabaga, and celeriac, as well as kohlrabi.

    Jicama is sweet like a carrot. I usually eat it cold and uncooked as part of a salad, though.
    edited February 5
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,005Member Member Posts: 8,005Member Member
    All about the volume and protein = belly full and face :)
    m28tmvrdfx57.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.