Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,521Member Member Posts: 8,521Member Member
    FYI I tried to make noodles with the miracle noodles and freeze them and then microwave in the future. They DO NOT freeze well. Really weird gummy dry texture. txhslhevvp0s.jpeg

Why did you freeze them?
  • pitponiespitponies Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    volume is everything!
    My husband can't believe when I sit down with practically a washing up bowl of salad!
    I like to stir through something really tasty
    Spicy prawns
    Avacado in lime chilli and cumin
    28 g of very finely grated parmesan. really makes a difference!
    Quorn pieces and mushrooms pre-sprinkled with chilli and cumin and dry fried, add a little water to begin with then really brown, stir through salad. Enjoy
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,929Member Member Posts: 4,929Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    FYI I tried to make noodles with the miracle noodles and freeze them and then microwave in the future. They DO NOT freeze well. Really weird gummy dry texture. txhslhevvp0s.jpeg

Why did you freeze them?

Because I made a few lunches in containers a few weeks ago but didn’t end up eating all of them. Wanted to save for the future and not throw out.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,929Member Member Posts: 4,929Member Member

Curious about the stuff on the side. Is that some sort of an eggplant thingy???
  • angelexperimentangelexperiment Posts: 1,756Member Member Posts: 1,756Member Member
    I made a Pitaya bowl today it’s a lot in volume lol I made the smoothie portion added 1/2 c yogurt protein powder chia, coconut shreds ( unsweetened) pepitas
  • angelexperimentangelexperiment Posts: 1,756Member Member Posts: 1,756Member Member

Why did you freeze them?
    Perhaps if you want to prep with miracle noodles freeze your veggies and sauce and assemble fresh noodles when you are making again. When I prep mine I set the noodles aside in container and sauce beside it and refrigerate but it lasts up to a week and before I eat I shake up container to mix sauce nicely
  • CassondraKennedyCassondraKennedy Posts: 224Member Member Posts: 224Member Member
    I am about three years behind on this thread (currently on page 33/114), but I just wanted to thank you all for the protein powder ice cream idea! I am buying protein powder tonight and I am praying that it works like your photos!
  • Kalex1975Kalex1975 Posts: 421Member Member Posts: 421Member Member
    I am about three years behind on this thread (currently on page 33/114), but I just wanted to thank you all for the protein powder ice cream idea! I am buying protein powder tonight and I am praying that it works like your photos!

Make sure it has some casein protein in it (at least in part)... works the best!
  • CassondraKennedyCassondraKennedy Posts: 224Member Member Posts: 224Member Member
    Yes! I read in detail about each recipe that everyone tried. Mine has whey and casein. Very excited to try tonight.
  • kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,606Member Member Posts: 5,606Member Member
    Yes! I read in detail about each recipe that everyone tried. Mine has whey and casein. Very excited to try tonight.

Good luck! I still make it every night..even through the winter! :)
    First attempt was semi-successful. Not as smooth as I expected. I think I need a better blender! Still good enough to eat though and I ate the whole bowl quite quickly :blush: Thanks for all the recipes!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Good luck! I still make it every night..even through the winter! :)

I was shivering and had major brain freeze by the end of the bowl. Needed blankets and hot tea after! :D worth it.
    Today it’s 2 c mixed salad 1 cup homemade guacamole 3 hemp nuggets and 2 Tbsp mustard vinaigrette homemade for lunch
    Oh and 1/4 c pecans
  • Kalex1975Kalex1975 Posts: 421Member Member Posts: 421Member Member
    Bumping the original volume eating thread...
    Nothing says volume like a huge bowl of vegetable soup with tofu noodles and oven baked vegetable dumplings. I'm stuffed.

xulik471owb5.jpg
    edited March 16
  • moogie_fitmoogie_fit Posts: 256Member, Premium Member Posts: 256Member, Premium Member
    With quarantine I'm like *kitten* how do I justify my enormous amounts of veggies and quantities of food as essential...
  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 3,254Member, Premium Member Posts: 3,254Member, Premium Member
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    With quarantine I'm like *kitten* how do I justify my enormous amounts of veggies and quantities of food as essential...

It's really "hard" to overeat on plain veggies for most of us. I mean non starchy veggies at 150cals/lb ar just supremely volumetric. Though the gas, that's volumetric too! Stat well my Canadian friend.😉
    Because even sushi can be volume approved. These are 3 full sheets of nori.
    All for me just made. Had to act quick to take a picture before I destroyed this plate lol
    Shiratake rice, crab, carrot, cucumber, avocado.

q92nujgn392j.jpg
    edited March 29
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Posts: 22,165Member Member Posts: 22,165Member Member
    Because even sushi can be volume approved. These are 3 full sheets of nori.
    All for me just made. Had to act quick to take a picture before I destroyed this plate lol
    Shiratake rice, crab, carrot, cucumber, avocado.

Did you do anything special with the shiratake rice? I've been wanting to try it in sushi. Did you add vinegar and sugar or just leave it as is?