Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,888 Member Member Posts: 8,888 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Because even sushi can be volume approved. These are 3 full sheets of nori.
    All for me just made. Had to act quick to take a picture before I destroyed this plate lol
    Shiratake rice, crab, carrot, cucumber, avocado.

Did you do anything special with the shiratake rice? I've been wanting to try it in sushi. Did you add vinegar and sugar or just leave it as is?

I did exactly as for any sushi rice, but instead of sugar I added honey, to make it sticky. Worked out great. I do the same with cauli rice, that I first toast.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 22,617 Member Member Posts: 22,617 Member
    Because even sushi can be volume approved. These are 3 full sheets of nori.
    All for me just made. Had to act quick to take a picture before I destroyed this plate lol
    Shiratake rice, crab, carrot, cucumber, avocado.

Did you do anything special with the shiratake rice? I've been wanting to try it in sushi. Did you add vinegar and sugar or just leave it as is?

I did exactly as for any sushi rice, but instead of sugar I added honey, to make it sticky. Worked out great. I do the same with cauli rice, that I first toast.

Thanks!
  • Sallyw2004Sallyw2004 Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    I had forgotten the joys of a good bowl of protein fluff. I just made my first one since several months ago and it came out perfect. The only drawback is that my dogs bark like crazy from the moment my blender emerges from the cabinet until I’m completely done using it.
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    I had forgotten the joys of a good bowl of protein fluff. I just made my first one since several months ago and it came out perfect. The only drawback is that my dogs bark like crazy from the moment my blender emerges from the cabinet until I’m completely done using it.

Still too cold for this stuff around here. Cold and gloomie. And depressing. Come spring and summer heat.

What went into yours??
    edited April 4
  • Sallyw2004Sallyw2004 Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member

Still too cold for this stuff around here. Cold and gloomie. And depressing. Come spring and summer heat.

What went into yours??

I have fluff related 3 screenshots from this thread from July 2018 and I use a mix of all of the wisdom.

I use 1 tray of ice, weigh out 100 cals worth of protein powder, 1/2 c unsweetened cashew or vanilla almond milk, a few Tbls Walden Farms sf maple syrup, 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum, some flavored extract (I have a good variety). I always top it with something fun for color and a little texture.

What went into yours??

I have fluff related 3 screenshots from this thread from July 2018 and I use a mix of all of the wisdom.

I use 1 tray of ice, weigh out 100 cals worth of protein powder, 1/2 c unsweetened cashew or vanilla almond milk, a few Tbls Walden Farms sf maple syrup, 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum, some flavored extract (I have a good variety). I always top it with something fun for color and a little texture.

This exactly what I make. Good stuff.
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 1,931 Member Member Posts: 1,931 Member

What went into yours??

I have started adding some frozen blackberries most of the time. A few frozen Hershey's kisses ground up or some Hershey's dark chocolate syrup on top when I'm in the mood for chocolate. Chia seeds if I need some extra fiber. Makes a great late night treat!

• itsallgood11itsallgood11 Member Posts: 18 Member Member Posts: 18 Member
    I’m starting to become more of a volume eater. I’ve struggled with an eating disorder in the past and now that I’m not so restrictive I really enjoy getting to eat a lot of food that I don’t have to feel bad about, but I still struggle with getting to a point where I feel full, being both very active and vegetarian. I would love to eat an even greater volume of veggies and fruit but it gets pricey.
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 485 Member Member Posts: 485 Member
    To whoever said add more water to oats, God bless you. Blueberries, apples, couple peanuts, choc protein powder for fun.
    alexmose wrote: »
    To whoever said add more water to oats, God bless you. Blueberries, apples, couple peanuts, choc protein powder for fun.

Wait...... you really didnt know you can add more water to oatmeal???
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 485 Member Member Posts: 485 Member

Wait...... you really didnt know you can add more water to oatmeal???

I always eyeballed it. But I intentionally added a ton this time!!
  • moogie_fitmoogie_fit Member, Premium Posts: 263 Member Member, Premium Posts: 263 Member
    I’m starting to become more of a volume eater. I’ve struggled with an eating disorder in the past and now that I’m not so restrictive I really enjoy getting to eat a lot of food that I don’t have to feel bad about, but I still struggle with getting to a point where I feel full, being both very active and vegetarian. I would love to eat an even greater volume of veggies and fruit but it gets pricey.

Not a great idea to start trying to volume eating if your recovering or have had EDs
  • moogie_fitmoogie_fit Member, Premium Posts: 263 Member Member, Premium Posts: 263 Member

fnbe1fl3b2h7.jpg

Mine today!! 25 g oats, 250 ml water, cooked on very low in microwave for 5 mins then added 10 g oat bran and 30 g chocolate soy protein powder

Protoplasm: if you can turn down the power level on your microwave you can cook it longer, making it absorbs more water, without overflowing
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,188 Member Member Posts: 6,188 Member
    Made some 'cookies' (80 calories for 17 cookies) - They were 'ok'....
    And of course more Mocha ice 'cream' and thought I'd try out the Dagona 'craze' using a coffee (barley/chicory, etc., ) alternative ...it worked!

wi9hgwq7n55s.jpg
    ibh6xn1awtyw.jpg
    j0z7eek189wh.jpg
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    And of course more Mocha ice 'cream' and thought I'd try out the Dagona 'craze' using a coffee (barley/chicory, etc., ) alternative ...it worked!

wi9hgwq7n55s.jpg
    ibh6xn1awtyw.jpg
    j0z7eek189wh.jpg

Nice!!!
    @just_Tomek - Thanks...I'm quite liking the 'coffee'
  • chris89topherchris89topher Member, Premium Posts: 191 Member Member, Premium Posts: 191 Member

wi9hgwq7n55s.jpg
    ibh6xn1awtyw.jpg
    j0z7eek189wh.jpg

We're gonna need the deets on those cookies please. What the heck are they and did you like them?
    These 'cookies' were ok...would be much better with maybe some 'crunch' action too....maybe next time:

Dry:
    2.5 grams of oat fiber (Anthony's)
    1.5 grams of coconut flour
    1.5 grams of vanilla protein whey powder
    1 gram each chia and flax meal
    Baking powder/Xanthum gum and baking soda (around 1/4 tsp. each)
    salt/cinnamon/stevia

Wet:
    25 gram of canned pure pumpkin
    10 gram of dry cottage cheese curd
    12 grams of greek yogurt
    63 grams of egg whites

Whip the egg whites - add xanthum and continue to whip.
    Blend all the rest of the wet ingredients separately. Gently fold into egg whites.
    Blend dry ingredients and again gently fold into egg white mixture

I piped them out baked around 7-8 minutes @ 350. I think if I make them again, I'll turn off the temperature after 7-8 minutes and let them crisp up a bit more.
    @just_Tomek - Thanks...I'm quite liking the 'coffee'

Did you just make that foam with coffee on the bottom or is that a bowl full of that foam???