Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• Hungry_ShopgirlHungry_Shopgirl Posts: 301Member Member Posts: 301Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Should I post another one like this but no baking will be required OR should I post something savoury now?

I vote for the no-bake sweet option!
  • kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,553Member Member Posts: 5,553Member Member
    I vote for both. :p
  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 1,905Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,905Member, Premium Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I vote for both. :p

Yup...
  • purplefizzypurplefizzy Posts: 292Member Member Posts: 292Member Member
    @crazyravr - I feel like a creeper because I stalk you and your food.
    So, gonna just do it openly.

Keep them coming.
    Don’t care what- if it passes your QC, I’m IN.

Love the instruction photos as well.

I’m laid up after a surgery.
    Dining on gallons of bone broth, my roasted pumpkin curry soup (not crazy high volume because I like the coconut fats, but super vital, high fiber, and delicious!), and my dwindling stash of crazyravr protein waffles. Even on crutches, I can pop one in the oven!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 2,715Member Member Posts: 2,715Member Member
    ml0udc7vvbfd.jpg
    not bad for all these 'doughnuts' for 115 calories and 2 tbsp. of pb powder (45 calories)
    160 calorie 'little' snack :)
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 4,011Member Member Posts: 4,011Member Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ml0udc7vvbfd.jpg
    not bad for all these 'doughnuts' for 115 calories and 2 tbsp. of pb powder (45 calories)

This is just awesome! Is this that egg white recipe? What was it again? Sorry to make you post again (I tried searching the thread), this time I will bookmark it!
  • TankiscoolTankiscool Posts: 9,291Member Member Posts: 9,291Member Member
    ml0udc7vvbfd.jpg

I'm glad I found this thread!! What are those doughnuts? Did you make them?
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    ml0udc7vvbfd.jpg

[quote="Noreenmarie1234;c-43263985"
    This is just awesome! Is this that egg white recipe? What was it again? Sorry to make you post again (I tried searching the thread), this time I will bookmark it! [/quote]

No worries...I'm always misplacing 'crazyrav's' recipes lol!

This is surely based on his protein doughnuts...I've cut mine down - no protein powder,etc., His doughnuts (i'm sure) have a little more substance.

Here's my low calorie version: 115 calories total and 13 grams protein

2 tbsp. of coconut flour
    .5 tsp of baking powder
    3 egg whites
    .5 tsp of xanthum gum

whip egg whites til stiff. whip xanthum gum and mix and mix and mix!. sift and fold flour and b. powder into eggs careful not deflate. Spray doughnut molds - bake for around 10 minutes @ 350 degrees F

Just found Crazyrav's original posting...lots of great stuff on here...https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570146/protein-donuts-using-your-favorite-protein-pancake-mix#latest
  • dippy_duckdippy_duck Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    I love volume eating. I love feeling like I’m eating loads but knowing the calories are low.
  • OneRatGirlOneRatGirl Posts: 121Member Member Posts: 121Member Member
    I can eat a fair bit on my calories for now, but as I lose weight I'll need this thread more!

I'm eating omelettes lately though, 3 egg filled gives a good plate full for sub 500 calories that keeps me full. On a hungry day today, so gone this route for lunch.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,164Member Member Posts: 6,164Member Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    ml0udc7vvbfd.jpg

[quote="Noreenmarie1234;c-43263985"
    This is just awesome! Is this that egg white recipe? What was it again? Sorry to make you post again (I tried searching the thread), this time I will bookmark it!

No worries...I'm always misplacing 'crazyrav's' recipes lol!

This is surely based on his protein doughnuts...I've cut mine down - no protein powder,etc., His doughnuts (i'm sure) have a little more substance.

Here's my low calorie version: 115 calories total and 13 grams protein

2 tbsp. of coconut flour
    .5 tsp of baking powder
    3 egg whites
    .5 tsp of xanthum gum

whip egg whites til stiff. whip xanthum gum and mix and mix and mix!. sift and fold flour and b. powder into eggs careful not deflate. Spray doughnut molds - bake for around 10 minutes @ 350 degrees F

Just found Crazyrav's original posting...lots of great stuff on here...https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570146/protein-donuts-using-your-favorite-protein-pancake-mix#latest[/quote]

Nice!!!! All of these or half one from a bake shop lol hmmmmmmmmmm......... :)
  • psychod787psychod787 Posts: 1,905Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,905Member, Premium Member
    Not as great as the Godfathers recipes, but for someone dabbling their feet in volume eating, they might check out Looneyforfood.com . He has some interesting recipes that have voluminous components.
    Weird, very voluminous, sweet experiment today.

Heard of ‘aquafaba?’ Essentially, it is whipped leftover canned garbanzo bean water.
    Gets eerily similar to meringue.

Anyhow. I’d read recipes with it ages ago, then read some health concerns about aquafaba (BPA risk from the cans, lectins, etc etc) and was
    deterred. Yesterday I got curious enough (and was using garbanzos in curried chickpea-cauliflower soup) so whipped it up.

I made this:

qjikbijwxbo0.jpeg
    4zhokwyefdem.jpeg

Cals in aquafaba are negligible. So giant bowl of sweet stuff for cals in toppings (Peanut powder, cacao nibs.)

I was inspired by this post on aquafaba marshmallow fluff:
    http://www.picklesnhoney.com/2016/10/22/vegan-aquafaba-marshmallow-fluff/

I hacked at the recipe because that’s what I DO.

My modifications:

-1 can worth of garbanzo water
    -bit of cream of tartar
    -bit of xanathan gum (While I use this stuff, I’m also bit concerned about the possible leaky-gut/inflammation potential. I use it as a treat..)

Whip in stand mixer till white and creamy, soft peaks.

Add:
    --~1/4c monk sweet plus, a non-caloric sweetener blend I like
    -vanilla/other flavor

Whip again to stiff glossy peaks.

Do with it what you will.

I ate the whole giant bowl. It was a worthy exercise for the novelty factor. I’d make it again to use in something or to use as a vegan meringue when cooking for plant-only friends.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,164Member Member Posts: 6,164Member Member

Heard of ‘aquafaba?’ Essentially, it is whipped leftover canned garbanzo bean water.

Anyhow. I’d read recipes with it ages ago, then read some health concerns about aquafaba (BPA risk from the cans, lectins, etc etc) and was
    deterred. Yesterday I got curious enough (and was using garbanzos in curried chickpea-cauliflower soup) so whipped it up.

I made this:

Cals in aquafaba are negligible. So giant bowl of sweet stuff for cals in toppings (Peanut powder, cacao nibs.)

My modifications:

-bit of cream of tartar
    -bit of xanathan gum (While I use this stuff, I’m also bit concerned about the possible leaky-gut/inflammation potential. I use it as a treat..)

Add:
    -vanilla/other flavor

I ate the whole giant bowl. It was a worthy exercise for the novelty factor. I’d make it again to use in something or to use as a vegan meringue when cooking for plant-only friends.

Next time fold in some protein powder and bake it :) You will get the protein angel food cake :)

• kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,553Member Member Posts: 5,553Member Member

I made this:

qjikbijwxbo0.jpeg
    4zhokwyefdem.jpeg

My modifications:

-bit of cream of tartar

Add:
    -vanilla/other flavor

Ohh! I'm excited to try this! Thanks!!
    So welcome!
    Check out the food blogOsphere for real recipes, many dedicated people have done some cool stuff with it and explain it way better than I did :)
    So welcome!
    Check out the food blogOsphere for real recipes, many dedicated people have done some cool stuff with it and explain it way better than I did :)

I've made this a while ago, and found the smell and taste a little off putting...did you notice this at all?